The Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abhor Deities, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

Where'd you get the James Bond watch?

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  2. DrakeGmbH

DrakeGmbH Starting Off

I think I got it through ArtsCow, but it's been quite a while. It was under $10, all said since that site had a promotional deal for new members for a while. You can find similar ones to mine on eBay and Amazon.

Cejao, Gmutant and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Cejao

Cejao Famous

How to open a champagne bottle with a .50 caliber bullet
    [​IMG]

maltriagon, Gmutant and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Undead Brant and Bob Crees like this.
  5. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Welcome to Kalifornia...

FB_IMG_1483440443192.jpg

6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I imagine that gun is much more comfortable to shoot in .32 than .380— My dad sold his over the holidays, because he just couldn't get it to run reliably. It would either railroad his hand, or stovepipe when he adjusted his grip. For him, the classic Hollywood glimmer has officially worn off.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. DrakeGmbH

DrakeGmbH Starting Off

I love pocket autos in .32 ACP - I'll never own another in .380. I've had my share and I've sold them all off as they just aren't fun or comfortable to shoot. The last ones I had were Mauser HSc's and the sharp recoil and poor feeding reliability made it a punishment to shoot. The postwar and wartime HSc's I have in .32 (the caliber it was designed for) are reliable and comfortable.

Here's a photo of my pair of .32 HSc's. To my knowledge the wartime guns were only available in .32 while the postwar guns are more common in .380.

[​IMG]

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. CaptainAssassin

The Bersa Thunder is pleasant to shoot, though it is a bit larger and has more ergonomic solutions built into it. The PPK definitely isn't fun in .380— and worse still the Polish P64 in 9mm Makarov.... it sends a zing up your elbow with every shot. Yowza, but they still manage to sell like hotcakes because they've been so affordable... to a point.

[​IMG]

9. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

Hey friends, sorry I haven't been on much. I'm neck deep in work and still cannot share work with you like I was able to in the past. take care everyone.

Brant

10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

No Problems Brant, we all know that you will when you can:)

Cejao likes this.
  11. Cejao

Cejao Famous

meanwhile in russia - pistol malfunction
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    Akinaba and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Jeanna_Q

Jeanna_Q Here To Help

I knew there was a reason I didn't like the 1911, they try to murder you. Mind you I'm surprised he was able to get a second shot off without it malfunctioning.

Dunadain, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  13. CaptainAssassin

I might be on the verge of purchasing my very first Glock ever...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Undead Brant, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  14. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

Sorry. That looks like an older model Beretta 92.

I believe that's also where/why the saying in the Navy that 'You aren't a SEAL until you've tasted Italian steel' came from.

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  15. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I changed the caption. :)

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. CaptainAssassin

Steyr, what the hell took you so long?? So can we expect to see FDE in another 2+ years? Gray and/or Coyote before the decade's out?

[​IMG]

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  17. CaptainAssassin

Bob Crees likes this.
  18. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

What? no magazines over 10 rounds? but what do I do if the deer starts shooting back?

Bob Crees likes this.
  19. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Call in an airstrike . . .

Hey, Brant, if the Garand, Thompson, Carbine and BAR make it into SoD 2, can we get survivors named Hanley, Saunders, Kirby, Caje and Littlejohn too? :p

20. DrakeGmbH

DrakeGmbH Starting Off

If you're considering the 42, I would strongly urge you to look at the 43 instead. I bought a 43 about a year ago and it's been a reliable little pistol. The recoil is nowhere near as snappy as I was braced for with a subcompact 9mm. My old .380 HSc was much more abusive to the hands. Since the barrel is so short you need to use a firm grip so it will cycle reliably. Thus far I've only experienced one stoppage in the few hundred rounds I've put through it. It was a failure to feed in the first magazine through the pistol.

Given the cost, size and recoil are comparable between the 42 and 43 - the 42 really doesn't have much of a market anymore. Given the similarities between the two, I can't think of a good argument to pick a .380 defensive handgun over a 9x19mm.