The Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abhor Deities, Jul 9, 2013.

1. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Being longer, taller and wider; along with the increased mass (that needed 'robustness' for the caliber)— I felt the difference between them was evident, both in hand and concealed. Of course, everyone is different... hands, fingers, emphasis, all of it. However in the end, after a little more research, I'm no longer considering a Glock. This little gem solved my problem with the P380:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Rock33B and Bob Crees like this.
  2. DrakeGmbH

DrakeGmbH Starting Off

If we're talking first shooting experiences, mine was a Beretta Modello 1938. They have two triggers - the front fires semiautomatic, the rear fires full automatic. I wish I owned that one...

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Jeanna_Q

Jeanna_Q Here To Help

My first shooting experience came around the same age 5-6. It was my very first gun, a Remington 572 pump action .22. Granted my dad was holding it more than I was at the time, but I grew into it pretty quickly and loved it. I still own it too, just don't fire it as much as I used to, it needs a new barrel, and I cannot for the life of me find one.

4. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

I just realized something: besides the SKS Survivor, I've NEVER found one of the other guns with a grenade launcher attached.

Has anyone else?

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. CaptainAssassin

IIRC... the SKS Survivor is the only one.

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

I remember Brant specifically stated that the under barrel shotty didn't make the cut, but I thought that the M4, M16 and AK47 had under barrel grenade launcher variants in game. I guess that I could be wrong.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. CaptainAssassin

Could they [models] be in the game, just not in the loot tables? We could ask some of the modders.

Bob Crees likes this.
  8. QMJS

QMJS Famous

The guns with the Masterkey under-barrel shotguns are in the game but not active, because they don't switch ammunition properly. (You end up with what is essentially an automatic shotgun that makes the A12 custom look weak.)

The under-barrel grenade launcher guns do work properly.

All of them have the weapon definitions, models, and are included in the items list, but are not in the search lists.
    Assault Rifle: 556 Grenade Launcher AssaultRifle_556_203
    Assault Rifle: AK47 Grenade Launcher AssaultRifle_AK_203
    Assault Rifle: M4 Grenade Launcher AssaultRifle_M4_203

I am not sure why they aren't in the search lists, whether that was an oversight or a deliberate decision. They do require you to switch to grenade-fire mode and then reload, so that might have been a reason. I've been using them in my mod for so long that at first look I was surprised that they were not in the base game search tables.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  9. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

What in the sam hill is this thing? 20078519_9_600_839.jpg

10. CaptainAssassin

Tactical t-shirt launcher... :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Rock33B and XzerothreeX like this.
  12. CaptainAssassin

I almost forgot Uganda has been regularly keen on contracts with China— highway construction, railroads, etc. It makes sense they would have a weapons contract too.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  13. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

I was thinking grenade launcher, but I don't recall ever seeing one with a muzzle brake. Barrel looks like it weighs a ton on that thing. Poor bastard.

Bob Crees likes this.
  14. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Wikipedia suggests -

26 lb (12 kg) (Light with scope) 44 lb (20 kg) (Heavy with scope). I am not sure if that includes the 35 Grenades it can carry in that magazine.

What made me smile in the photo were the 3 rifle bullets, tucked into the loops of his vest:)

XzerothreeX likes this.
  15. CaptainAssassin

This is making me want to build a puff-post for all the Chinese military-grade weapons that aren't in State of Decay.

Okay, first off... (1a) I'm going to try and limit the list to weapons that are currently in service, and (1b) aren't just direct knock-offs of other known weapons. (2) I'm not even going to try to use the "Type _ _" naming convention because it... is... a... clusterfuck.

(UPDATE) All done. Weapon names and calibers are all linked for more info. Let the nerding commence!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    XzerothreeX, Rock33B and Bob Crees like this.
  16. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

LOL dew it!

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  17. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I don't see why there would not be a few knock-off weapons (Norinco, etc.) in a county-sized space for scavenging. Even bad weapons might be findable (calico? 25-rd durability with a lv-7 shooter.)

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  18. CaptainAssassin

I meant for the sake of variety— as there would be little to no difference visually between a Russian-made SKS, and a Chinese Type 56 Carbine. Any contrasting details likely would not make the transition to the in-game model.

Dunadain and Bob Crees like this.
  19. Jeanna_Q

Jeanna_Q Here To Help

Oh sweet mercy, I got my hands on Wolf ammo! I have no idea how but Impactguns got a shipment of 7.62x39 ammo in. I can finally have some more fun with the Galil Ace!

Bob Crees likes this.
  20. CaptainAssassin

Question — What is your interest in 7.62x39mm? I know for a long time AK ammo was plentiful and cheap, but it seems those days are gone. You also have land and livestock, so beyond plinking, does the caliber have a practical application in your day-to-day? Would you use it for population control of peccaries (javelina, musk hogs) for instance?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.