The Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abhor Deities, Jul 9, 2013.

1. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

:D

Don't worry, just because I can still hold out hope doesn't mean Watervliet is suddenly going to reopen the production lines.

(though a base on USS Missouri could be cool . . . ;))

Gmutant, Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  2. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Are you going to finally get that tatoo when SOD2 reaches 2 mil?

Bob Crees and XzerothreeX like this.
  3. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

yes

Del44ZSlayer, Bob Crees and Dunadain like this.
  4. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Hey, um, Brant? I know you said there would be fewer guns in game 2. But, um...

integrally-suppressed-ruger-44-magnum-tom-retterbush-5287886.png

PLEASE?:)

Arc79, Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and 3 others like this.
  5. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

This is an update:

It seems that Remington is debuting their re-vamped hi capacity Para-Ord 1911s at the NRA 2017 convention in Atlanta:
    [​IMG]

They are full sized, .45 ACP Government pistols. 5" match grade Stainless steel barrel, slide and frame. M1913 pic rail on the dust cover. Black IonBond PVD coating. 15+1 round capacity in the tactical model; 16+1 in the competition model. As in the picture, the R1 ERP Tactical can be obtained as a standard pistol or as a suppressor ready model. VZ Operator G10 grips.

And in other news...

It looks like Bushmaster is releasing an ACR DMR with 18" barrel and 10" barreled ACR SBR/PDW. They also have barrel conversions (5.56 only right now) available for purchase at Brownell's.

ACR webpage:
    https://www.bushmaster.com/firearms/acr-sbr/105-sbr-wrailed-handguard#family

It'll probably be a matter of time now before they release 6.8 SPC and .300 Blackout conversions, seeing as how those are the 2 most popular 5.56 alternatives.

ACR Conversion barrels @ Brownell's:
    http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...y&utm_campaign=itwine&utm_content=768-000-076

Bob Crees likes this.
  6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Well, since it says 'Remington' on the side, I guess I'll just wait for the reviews— along with any potential quality-control issues to pop-up. I don't know just how far Freedom Group's ruination of the Remington name has gone at this point.

Bob Crees likes this.
  7. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

This came up on my Youtube feed 3 days ago (5/12). I was gobsmacked, until I clicked on it and it stated April Fools.

I'd still love this though!!!

Edit: oh come on... AND how to reload.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  8. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

*sneaks in quietly* Pssst, Brant, know what would make a great distraction device in SoD2? A flashbang, anywhere between the stodgy Mk13 up to a 6- or a 9-bang. ;)

9. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Bob Crees likes this.
  10. It's there a possibility for new guns with the date being pushed back?

Or in future patches/updates?

11. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Ohhh I'm in love! :)

12. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Do you have Gurubani in your Game? The weapon she comes with is very similar -

[​IMG]

XzerothreeX likes this.
  13. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

This one is specifically listed as rare. Integrally-suppressed guns are far more common these days, so I was giving Brant an opportunity to have an SOD2 gun not based on the DeLisle carbine. It's still a bolt, so no suppressed-auto fire dominating everything. Just something modern with current build quality.

XzerothreeX and Bob Crees like this.
  14. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I was not 'knocking' your suggestion:) Being from the UK my knowledge of modern firearms has sort of been curtailed - due to the general firearms ban. I was just responding to Del's comment:)

Dunadain and XzerothreeX like this.
  15. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

16. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

The Barrett .50-cal AMR: when you absolutely, positively want it dead right fucking now.

17. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Unless it's Call of Duty. When you want hit markers right effin now.

Doomen Gloom, Gmutant and Bob Crees like this.
  18. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

Went to a gun show yesterday looking for some armor plate carriers...

Ended up going home with this little beauty:
    [​IMG]

Ditching my Glock 19 as my carry gun for this.

19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Oh I remember those days about having a 'Carry Gun' (Seriously Jealous) - It must have been back in 1966 / 1967 - twas my first job and I was 6/7 years old. I used to accompany the local Beer and Soft Drinks delivery driver, that my Dad knew. My job was to help carry the full bottles to the house / farm and the carry back the empties to the van.

We were never going to be attacked, because in my school satchel I used to carry my -

[​IMG]
    A Webley .177 Air Pistol.

The arrangement with the delivery driver and my Dad, was that on each trip I was allowed to fire 5 pellets at any target I wanted to (Within reason).

Oh I must not forget - my first wage was a Bottle of Coke a day:) - And I could give the empty bottle back and got a 'Penny' in return

Doomen Gloom, XzerothreeX and Gmutant like this.
  20. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

I'm swooning right now. Cz fanboy alert.

Bob Crees and Doomen Gloom like this.