The Levitation Bug

Discussion in 'State of Decay Bugs' started by PolkRman73, Sep 19, 2017.

1. PolkRman73

PolkRman73 Got Your Back

Has anyone come across a bug when a character seems to be floating (or levitating) in the air? Well, Sunday night while I was playing breakdown level 96 I came across a hilarious bug. My homebase is at Savini's and there's an enclave living across the street. One of the survivors in that enclave is Shark Hoodie Guy. I'm playing Guru and I noticed that Shark Hoodie Guy pinged a zed hunt mission, which was on the eastside of Marshall. After the mission I got out of the area quickly so he could get back home safely. Well, when I headed back to base I drove over the bridge by Savini's. I looked up and I saw Shark Hoodie Guy just levitating in the air eating a can of beans o_O It was too funny, so I took a screenshot of it and I'll share it on here. BTW, his name is Stalker. So maybe he developed a crush on Guru and was trying to stalk her?? :)

State of Decay screenshot.jpg

2. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

It appears that he's standing in the tree house, but the geometry hasn't loaded. Might want to take a few minutes to clear the cache on your xbone and see if that helps with rendering issues like this.

3. Elite IV

Elite IV Starting Off

Hahahaha xD this is gold. I just realized where you were and makes sense how that character is floating.

4. PolkRman73

PolkRman73 Got Your Back

The tree house is behind Guru if you happen to turn to the left in the game. Shark Hoodie Guy was in an enclave and not part of my crew, so he wouldn't go up in the tree house in the first place. I did play again today and he was back where he was suppose to be in the enclave.

Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  5. PolkRman73

PolkRman73 Got Your Back

Yes, I thought it was too funny. Not exactly why he was floating there. @YojimBeau thought he was standing in the tree house, but the tree house is actually behind Guru towards the left of her.

6. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

He's not a member of savinis though he's in an enclave across the road I believe?, so wouldn't be in the treehouse I wouldn't have thought? Either way it's a cool find, wish my glitches n blobs were so cool LOL :cool::p

PolkRman73 and Bob Crees like this.
  7. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

It's all those beans, they gave him so much gas it made him float when he let it go. I'd be careful around that enclave because it looks like they've got a Bloater in the making in their group.

8. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Yes, I suppose reading the post would be helpful, however, the advice still stands true. The only user-based remedy for glitches on the Xbox is clearing the cache.

9. PolkRman73

PolkRman73 Got Your Back

Oh, I am playing on PC, not Xbox. But you can still do that with PC too. Usually any weird glitches like that will most likely get fixed if you completely exit out of the game and load it back up. Maybe even driving to the other side of the map and coming back might have fixed it, which I didn't do. I actually ended my gaming session shortly after that glitch. Since I've never seen anything like that happen before and thought it was very funny, I wasn't worrying about it.

10. Del44ZSlayer

I'm unsure how I go about clearing the cache on my Xbox one? On my 360 it was very clear and straight forward however on the Xbox one, I can't seem to find the option? Does anyone know offhand? I agree also with what u say @YojimBeau

:D:p:D:eek: all those beans LOL

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2017
    PolkRman73 and Bob Crees like this.
  11. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

My apologies, for some reason I had you mentally classified as a console player. As a PC gamer, and, as you've stated, these things come and go when the geometry loads or reloads.
    Google is your friend. Failing that, the process for cache clearing on the xbone has been disclosed dozens of times on this forum. I'm sure you can find the steps if you search for them. That said, shooting from the hip, I believe it had something to do with disconnecting the power cord, holding down the power button for 30 seconds and then reconnecting and turning everything on again.

12. Del44ZSlayer

I appreciate the advice @YojimBeau

Bob Crees and PolkRman73 like this.
  13. PolkRman73

PolkRman73 Got Your Back

No problem @YojimBeau I do agree with you that clearing the cache will sometimes help fix these odd glitches though.