The Oddest Apocalypse V2.0 Discussion/Application Thread

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Applesintime, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

June 21st, 2015 was the day the weird part of the apocalypse started. A violent mauling on the London Underground on the 14th concerned people. Most considered it a junkie and went on with their lifes. However, the next day, more violent incidents occured in the UK. By the 15th, the government officially declared it. "A unknown zombie virus." But it was too late. The next day, the UK was overrun. Any flight to and from Britain was canceled, and the Russians went as far as shooting down any British planes that came near them.
    The "incidents" started popping up in other countries the next day. By the 20th, most countries were overrun. However, pocket of survivors are still alive in most major cities.

Then. on the 21st, something broke. Maybe God spilled his coffee on the command centre for Earth. Maybe some invisible wall broke or something. We don't know much, except the cold, hard facts. The...Fictionals started appearing. Cartoons, video games, some movies. Hell, even a few major fanfics. The internet buzzed with activity, as a Google Document documented every new person, creature, or otherwise that appeared at 10:04 AM, in London, New York, Moscow, and any other major city.

Thank whoever did this that they were mostly friendly. A few stuck with humanity, but most of them formed groups and stuck with each other like glue and glitter. We're....lucky, I suppose.

2. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Game Mechanics
    The mechanics are pretty basic, but they should work. The first one is Scavenging. You will have to bring food and water home when you scavenge, as well as other important stuff. There will be a Volume system, where you can't carry much with no backpack, but you can carry more with a small or large backpack. Food will typically take up one or two Volume, and water bottles will use two. The power still works, but if you don't have an electrician, your power will fail within a few days, meaning perishables will...well, perish. So you know what to prioritize when scavenging, I will put perishables in all caps, so you can decide what to take home with you.

Now, there is the RNG which I will play for every action not at home. Such as Scavenging, shooting zombies, opening doors, you get the jist. The chance of you not getting a bad roll during your life is nil. You will get bad rolls. Down below, I have put a basic chart for the RNG rolls.
    90-100 Flawless
    60-89 Good
    59-50 Success
    49-40 Mild Failure
    39-26 Failure
    25-10 Catastrophic Failure
    9-0 Fuck
    Events

Trust me, nothing is guaranteed in the apocalypse, and sometimes Events will happen. They could be as simple as a military air drop, or as complex as the national power grid crashing. They can be Static, and Dynamic. Dynamic are air drops, things that you can influence. Static is the opposite, like some plane crashing in a street, or the New York power grid collapsing. The good thing is, most Events will have pluses. For example, that plane that crashed? Pretty good area to loot! And most will have negatives. Bad news. The power grid failing did what you expected. So, good luck in this new world.

3. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Fictionals
    Well, I don't want to try and fit this on Mechanics, as they're living, breathing, not exactly humans. There's a few ideas I have so let's put them down.
    Survivor Groups
    There will be fictional survivor groups in-game, mostly in major landmarks, especially if they were there during their appearance. For example, the BOS East Coast will be in the Pentagon.

To help you out, you'll start with one fictional character. You choose this one, and add skills, traits, etc. However, Liberty Prime is off-limits. Nothing that will break the game.
    There will also be hostile groups, so it's best to avoid those until you've got great firepower. They will kill you. They won't make a move to kill you, it's only if you come near them.

Firepower
    The better, more offensive game characters will have large amounts of firepower, including mini-nukes, lightsabers, you get the point. Unfortunately, none of them will be in your group in the start. You'll have to work to get them. Whether you fight them, befriend them, or destroy them, game character take a vital role in the zombie apocalypse, whether you like it, or not. They don't, either.

Skills & Equipment

The skills will be assigned the way you think they should, or if they're a SoD character, just go to the wiki. You have a limit of 16 stars for traits, like Cardio, Stamina, etc. Anyway, onto equipment. They'll start off with whatever weapon they have/had, if it's not too OP. then they'll have that when they join you. If they had armour in their movie/game, they will have that armour. Again, if it's not too OP.
    Releationships
    Optional. It won't be like Fallout 4, passing meagre skill checks to flirt, etc. Instead, you will have to do objectives. For example, bring someone to whereever their mates are hiding/thriving so they can have a chat, or accompanying them on a supply run for something they want. Also, PG-13. All implied.

4. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

How to Apply
    So, you have reached the final part, which is the signup part. Here's an basic application
    Billy Herron
    Hometown/Current Location: Belfast/Belfast

Inventory: Large Backpack, 1 can of Coke, 2 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk and 4 Spam Sandwiches

Skills
    Cardio:*
    Fighting:**
    Wits:****
    Shooting:*

Applied List

5. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

6. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

7. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Cejao likes this.
  8. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

For people to join this.

9. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

This thread is nearly a month old. XD

Cejao likes this.
  10. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Yeah, but I want to have an actual go at this.

Fabian907 likes this.
  11. Biggles

Biggles Here To Help

this is a dead meme

Matt419 and Fabian907 like this.
  12. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

It might be best to have everyone starting in the same city / location.

Applesintime likes this.
  13. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

Maybe so, but the potential world-wide is big. The amount of content and home-bases...

14. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I agree about the potential, but how will people react with each other?

15. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

It's more in my opinion, seeing how people will react to the fictionals.

Think about it. If Marcus and Ed walked up to your door and asked for a drink, how would you react? Itg all differs.

But you have a point, I'll see if I can lock it to the US.

16. nillabasco

nillabasco Here To Help

Let's Do It.

17. nillabasco

nillabasco Here To Help

I don't know how we'd get this going again, but I am down and willing to help in any way I can to get this rolling.
    [​IMG]

18. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

At this point, I'm just trying to get enough people together to start this. You can do your applications now @Bob Crees @Fabian907 @Biggles

19. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Can you finish your current game of stay alive 11.5 first?

20. Applesintime

Applesintime Famous

I suppose that would be a good idea.

Cejao likes this.