The Road Ahead

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Jan 10, 2014.

1. I hate to be that guy... but how long are we going to go without an update on the future of the game and/or series?

2. Loco Little

Loco Little Got Your Back

Well they did pretty much comfirm on tuesday not only the DLC, but with the developers recently hired, the initiation of multiplayer development. i.e class 4.

3. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Don't forget the new map!

4. Loco Little

Loco Little Got Your Back

I cant wait! hmm question, will there be a kinda link between the new DLC and Breakdown?

For example, you play Breakdown, you get on the RV, and then it brings you to the other map instead alternating between them as it were.

5. Nope. Sadly, Sanya denied that over here already: https://forums.undeadlabs.com/threads/blighting-hopes-crushing-dreams.40246/
    Also no customization and no multiplayer.

6. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

Class 4 confirmed?

WHERE WAS I FOR THIS!?!

7. Undead Nicole

Whoah whoah... slow down there cowboy. ;) We didn't "confirm" Class 4. We just hired a couple'a'guys

8. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

A couple? I thought we only hired Pat?

Holf is confused :p

9. Undead Nicole

Yup - Pat got hired. :)

10. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

Was anyone else hired?

11. Undead Nicole

If there were, there will probably be an introduction thread. o_O

12. Negnar Holf

Negnar Holf Here To Help

Good point.

13. Looking forward to the future. Lifeline is going to be great to have as well as whatever is planned for the future beyond. I hope it can sway me from DayZ.

14. This is going to be fun :D

15. gman3d

gman3d Got Your Back

I hope it's more than just a map with a base and hardly anything outside of that.. we'll just have to see what else is being added with the #2 lifeline thread. right now it sounds like we're limited to a single base that saves survivors and gets supply drops all without leaving the base...

16. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Might want to read Geoffrey's post. It explains that the base isn't the only thing in Lifeline. :)

gman3d and Kid Kayole like this.
  17. gman3d

gman3d Got Your Back

where was this posted??

18. gman3d

gman3d Got Your Back

nm... I see it now... that is encouraging

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  19. Original182

Original182 Starting Off

Heya, I just bought State of Decay a few days ago when it was on sale for steam, and I want to say that this is the zombie game that I've wanted all this time.

I played the dreaded Infestation: Survivor Stories (formerly known as War Z) because it was super cheap, and what I enjoyed about the game was exploring and scavenging for items. What I didn't like was being shot by other players. Despite its limited features I still enjoyed the exploration part and wanted to explore my way to the more exotic places like the airport, but in the end I just didn't like being shot for no reason.

State of Decay is the PvE game that I've always wanted, which feels more like Walking Dead.

I hope you will add more player events to keep things interesting. So far I only see one personality clash where Ed fights with someone because Ed wants to be selfless and help people, but the other dude was selfish. I hope I can see more of this stuff.

I really like this game and I hope it gets bigger or your sequel will be even bigger.