The Short Version of PAX 2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

I finally have my computer working on the plane! I feel churlish complaining about connectivity on a plane, because hello, I am typing from THOUSANDS OF FEET IN THE AIR, but it does get a bit frustrating when the connection drops every few minutes.

Anyway, I posted this from my phone to Facebook, where I could remember my password ;):

Okay. Here was PAX in a nutshell. We brought a PC to show off how pretty SoD looks on a PC. It was a normal machine with two year old components, running the game on the medium settings. We will be launching the controller-only version on Steam as part of their Early Access thing in a couple weeks or so - please note that I can't control the exact date, and I don't have one to give you. Then comes Sandbox (still testing, so again, I don't have an exact date), and before the year is out, the full mouse and keyboard PC version on Steam.

Discussions of future games are ongoing. As in, going on now. Thank you all from the bottom of all of our hearts here at the Lab for making SoD a success, or these conversations wouldn't be happening!

There. That's word for word what I said to those of you who made it to the show Pics don't do it justice - hoping to get some direct footage to you when possible. Thanks again, y'all.

2. toupz

toupz Starting Off

Just...Awesome!

3. Cant wait! There's still hope for my pc...:cool:

4. In a couple of weeks or so? Hmm, Not bad Sanya.

5. I don't use a controller for PC so i was wondering will this work with any controller meant for PC,or does it have to be a certain one?

6. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Whoo discussions of future games! I am super excited to see what you fine folks cook up next!

7. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Future games? Awesome. Cannot wait.

8. Future games? I can't wait to see what you mean by that! UL rocks!

Enjoy the little things.

9. Jakeypake

Jakeypake Got Your Back

Yay news :3 I've been anticipating an update on how things are going for a while! Good to here all is swell.

10. thank you sanya <3

11. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

is Brant alive ?I ask because I haven't seen him post on the forums in a bit ,and yes I realize he is busy but it just got nice talking to him almost daily.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  12. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Thanks for the info. :) Can't wait for the pc version!

13. ELToastyPoptart

ELToastyPoptart Starting Off

When is sandbox and next title update coming out

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Starting Off

there's programs that allow you to use other controllers and have them read as a 360 i think, I've heard motionjoy can do that for a ps3 controller, maybe for some logitechs as well. if you have a legit gaming pad for the pc though, the game should probably detect it and show the 360 buttons on the layout.

15. I cannot wait for this to hit Steam! Early access means not griping about little things, and unlike many gamers, especially the PC crowd, I'm more than happy to give UL whatever time they need to get the game polished and tweaked to perfection.

Unpopular Opinion: Stop worrying about updating/twitching/livestreaming/interviews etc though. Just get down to brass tacks and crank out that content! Take your time and do it right of course, but don't reveal so much. You'll let too many cooks look into your pot of stew and mess everything up.

EDIT: A hardwired 360 controller for PC is like $20 US. You wouldn't believe how much it opens up a world of gaming to even the most devoted PC master race gamer. All your 3rd person games, fighters, racing games, and games that simply work better on a controller (skyrim for example, especially with the great SkyUI mod) come to life as games and shake off some of that "jumbling around the keyboard, this feels kind of wonky" state of play. Any PC gamer should do themselves the luxury of having a nice 360 controller on their rig.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  16. So if i buy the control only version on steam will i also get the KB and mouse support later on? its not gunna be like two seperate games is it?

17. BLASPHOMEY!!!!......oh wiat i already gots me one lmao, altho i dont agree with the Skyrim comment, mouse n KB work fine with skyUI. But im ok for a controller based SOD prob cause i first played it on Xbox anyways.

18. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Hi Bucky! It looks like the controller version on Steam is the early access beta and will update (read patch) as the game is improved. I'm pretty sure you only have to pay for it once for the State of Decay title. Any expansion packs may of course be extra. :)

19. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

I'm positive you only have to pay for it once. I'm gonna do a post on the site to explain things a bit more.

20. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

sounds good also how's your day going ?