The Short Version of PAX 2013

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator Staff Member

Not bad, you?

2. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator Staff Member

Just wanted to say thanks - and to note that Brant and Geoff are NOT working on the PC version/keyboard interface. I am the other person who does the stream, and you do not want me anywhere NEAR the code. It sets the project back by no time at all to do the livestreams. :)

3. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

mostly good.

4. one question does it have to be an xbox 360 controller? sorry if its been answered

5. Sweet, I hate using a PC and mouse (just recently moved to PC after growing up gaming on consoles). However I already own this on 360, so while I'll probably get it either way the big question for me that would really make this great on pc is:

Are you planning on releasing mod tools? Is it at least a discussion? or is it a case of "we can't do something similar on 360 so were not going to bother"? Because imo this is the type of game that practically BEGS to have mod tools and a great modding community to go along with it. My first though when I heard of a PC release even was "ooh, I hope this gets modded in, I hope that gets modded in, I want mods to have more to do", ect, ect.

6. Howdy!
    It was pleasure to see you guys again at PAX; keep up the good work. Thank you for the hat and granola bars!

7. Harmor

Harmor Starting Off

Will you upload PC version footage before release eventually?

8. Yep it would be good to actually see some PC footage and some decent updates from you guys.

9. Rick_Grimes

Rick_Grimes Starting Off

Once I get a gaming PC, I will buy this agian once it's released. This game is to the zombie genre to what GTA 3 was to freeroam games. you haven't invented the freeroam or zombie genre games but you have certainly set the bar of how they should be.

10. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Steve, the early access will use the 360 Controller. Full keyboard and mouse support is coming later once it's fully integrated. :)

11. Still hoping to get an answer to this

12. Wyndrusher

Wyndrusher Starting Off

They've said no mod tools, though that doesn't stop you modding it anyway.

13. Calloveri

Calloveri Starting Off

it's easy to start modding the textures, though to see actual mods in this game there needs to be a tool of some sort, people will figure it out. But by the look's of this game this doesnt need any extra crap in the game just yet.

14. Wyndrusher

Wyndrusher Starting Off

There are already tools for the engine itself, whether they're enough or someone will work their own who knows atm.

15. DZax

DZax Starting Off

What I hope is that there is someone that would like to try to make the co-op mod, and if devs help that person with that thing, I'm sure something can happen there.

16. Harmor

Harmor Starting Off

The only kind of mp I can envision can be made by the community is something like GTA: San Andreas mp, aka no missions (because they're very likely unmoddable to be able to play in mp) etc, just playing with friends and blasting away at zeds. Hell, why not? It'd surely be fun for a while.

17. I don't mod. I don't know the slightest thing about it outside of using tools like Fallout 3's geck kit Bethesda released. I just love the mods people put out.

18. I disagree. Granted there was enough for 20hrs of gameplay, but not too long after that I got bored. I'd LOVE to see mods for stuff like extra maps, more missions (as imo there aren't very many), new objectives, locations, houses/bases, items, ect, ect. That was the main thing I was looking forward too, but without mod tools I can't see that happening. I can't think of many games that have good mods that do more than small, mostly UI stuff that don't have mod tools.

This kind of open sandbox game is PERFECT for mods, esp since the nature of development (IE being an XBLA game and not full retail) mean a lot of potential was lost due to size and time constraints.

19. released in 2013 it will probally be 31 dec 23:59...