The SoD2 facebook page just said this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kid Kayole, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Cejao

Cejao Famous

:(

2. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

UL talked a couple years ago about the publishing process. Basically, UL 'finishes' the game, then they send code to M$ for 1 million and 1 benchmark checks. Does it run? After x time, does a splash screen appear? Does the loading screen do Q, T, and BETA? Does it save correctly? and so on.

They may have it 'done', or Done and in QC with M$, or swatting bugs found 6 months ago. The problem is we need to wait until Jan to learn anything!

3. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

But.... but.... Microsoft might show an updated trailer..... or SOMETHING.

Right??

Maybe?

Ok. :(

4. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I'm guessing it's solely on Microsoft for announcement and okaying UL afterwards? I always suspected announcements we're solely on UL given only permission from Microsoft. And judging from that last bit you mentioned official websites, does that include UL website and forum? Or is UL website presence excluded?

5. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I feel like I'm about to step into a tar-pit by answering this. :D But here goes (because I'm stupidly brave.)

UL will still have announcements, and they'll filter through our channels. When we release information is up to MSFT. Where they land, is also up to MSFT. We're working out scheduling, and we hope that we can start talking in more detail about the game soon. So really, it's just a matter of sticking close to our social media channels to see where it's gonna happen.

6. zechs

zechs Here To Help

That clears it up for me. Thank you for the answer! :)

7. Cejao

Cejao Famous

If the news doesnt come to the forums first, then ill be disappointed.
    I hope no-one has forgotten how much I dislike the facebook/tweeter/and all that other nonsense stuff.
    If this website isn't the first spot for fresh news, then please point me to where the action will be at.
    Its hard enough keeping up with new threads, not to mention combing the internet for gaming articles about the progress on your favorite games. (so many click-bait titles)

8. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I wish the Undead Labs YouTube Channel was more lively, more news there or something. I remember the earlier days of UL on YT. :/

9. Cejao

Cejao Famous

the Discord seems to be the more lively thing now, but I dislike that too because I dont get alerts that I can click on to take me right to where the comment was posted at, but instead have to scroll back through hundreds of posts to try to find anything worthwhile.
    its not that big an issue in channels that dont see alot of action, but a couple of them are a downright pain in the ...

10. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

This coming from the guy, who just this morning, liked a comment I made on someone's profile page back on April 14th, 2015. The real-life Indiana Jones of these forums. ;):D

11. Kid Kayole

Kid Kayole Here To Help

If I see any info, I'll be sure to relay it over here for the facebook-averse amongst you haha

12. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Since you mention that, I was looking at a recent post of Liamypoo and from there I looked at his profile and noticed I hadn't liked all/most of his profile posts yet, so of course I had to fix that. ;)
    You weren't the only one who got alerts more than a 1 year old. :)

(Edit - I will take your Indiana Jones reference as a compliment. :) )

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  13. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

*Doing impression of Screamer screaming

14. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Oh jeez. Thanks for putting that in my head.

15. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

I mean, I have been hyping since State of Decay 2 was even a thought, but I guess I can hype some more...

16. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I will see your Screamer scream and raise you a Feral roar.

17. LiNanMian1984

LiNanMian1984 Here To Help

Raise you.

And give you a Alan Gunderson begging.

XzerothreeX, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  18. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ill call, and raise with Lily's endless nagging. ;)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017 at 9:29 PM
  19. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

This treatment does not have my consent!

[​IMG]