1. I finally got off my ever-widening ass and fixed it so y'all could edit your Gallery offerings. Carry on. -- Sanya
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts of an Enclave Survivor.

Discussion in 'The Zed Gallery' started by Bob Crees, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Shady Allie

Shady Allie Got Your Back

Captivating. More please.

2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

This is based on a current Enclave in my Long Term Breakdown game. A new character will be appearing very very soon. As for photos, then Yes maybe:)

3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Thank you:)

Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  4. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Part 4 - So much for my holiday

My mothers words ran through my head, as I finished off the last of the birthday cake she had packed for me. Yes Mom I will keep safe. No I will not drink the water. Yes I will phone you every day.

Well my week away up at Mount Tanner had not started off that well. By the time I was able to get some holiday, all the main sites were fully booked. I was lucky however, there was a late cancellation and I was able to rent a cabin; not on the main Mt Tanner site, but just off the road leading from there to Spencer's Mill.

My neighbour in Danforth, well the couple that lived next to my parents; yes I still lived at home, watched me load up my Ford Explorer. Rucksack, sleeping bag, pillow Well might as well be comfy right Fishing Tackle, my .22 Varmint, several plastic shopping bags of food and not forgetting the white box containing my cake.

"I wish I was coming with you" smiled Dillion.

"Well maybe next time, both you and Alisa can join me" I smiled. I liked my neighbour Dillion, but liked his wife Alisa even more. Closing the rear hatch of the Ford, I waved to both my parents and Dillion a farewell and headed out for Mount Tanner.

I passed a couple of military vehicles at the bridge to Fairfield and again at the bridge leading on to Spencer's Mill. I did notice several Army type tents set up near the fairground, but thought nothing of it. After all it was the weekend and the local National Guard often had exercises in Trumbull Valley.

The cabin I had rented was okay, but I was determined to ask for a refund. There was a full 5 gallon fuel can, but the chainsaw was broken. So I had to use the hand axe Yes it was provided, but damn its hard work trying to cut firewood.

Anyway, apart from that one complaint my holiday was going good. Four days into it and I had already met a couple of girls. They were camping at the main Mount Tanner site and I first saw them, when I was buying bottled water at the Rangers Station. See Mom, I am not drinking the local water.

It was Sarah who invited me to join her and Charlotte I never did find out if they were friends or in a relationship to meet them and some of the other campers in a 'Hog Roast'. Well how could I refuse such an offer. Agreeing tosee Sarah later, I drove back to my cabin to have a 'wash and brush up'. I also needed to call my Mom.

I must admit it was a bit of a shock when I got their answer phone. After all it was my mom that wanted a phone call at 6pm everyday. Anyway I left the standard son / mother message and started to get myself ready for a possible hot date and no I do not mean the Hog.

I was really looking forward to some Loving tonight as I drove up to the bridge to Mt Tanner. "You have got to be kidding me" I mumbled as I saw that the bridge had been destroyed. Getting out of my Ford I took a look into the ravine. Two cars down there How the hell did that happen came to my mind.

There were people already in the ravine and I was just about to call 911 on my mobile phone, when I heard the screams and shouts. People from Mt Tanner were being chased by other people, well they looked like people.

Everything was happening so quickly. I saw two men and a female run down a path to the river, which was at the bottom of the ravine. One man was using a tree branch and the other a hand axe to clear a path through the people. The female was shooting at some, the noise of the gunshots echoing through the ravine.

My eyes were drawn to the other side of the bridge, there was a group of people being chased by another group. It was like in slow motion, one by one the first group were overwhelmed leaving just two girls. One was trying to fend off the attackers with a frying pan. The other was Sarah, we got eye contact and then she jumped towards me with her arms outstretched. I swear I did my best to catch her, but the gap must have been 15 feet wide. Even to this day I am glad the screams from the other girl; with the frying pan masked the sound of Sarah falling.

I am guessing it was Charlotte who was trying to protect Sarah. I was still trying to work out in my mind why some people would start a riot, when I saw the second group fall on the girl. Biting into her body and ripping her limbs off was not natural. Risking a look into the ravine and seeing Sarah disembowelled; a silent scream on her face was enough.

Yes I wanted to vomit, but my urge to leave was greater. I did hear a vehicle start up and indeed I followed the station wagon towards Spencer's Mill.

Okay I know you should not use your mobile phone and drive at the same time, but this was not a normal day. Still getting my parents answer phone and nothing from 911, I lit a cigarette with a shaking hand.

5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Yay, another new survivor.
    At least he got to say goodbye to his folks incase they died.

6. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes I thought it was time to introduce him:)

Del44ZSlayer, Hendo003 and Cejao like this.
  7. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

Holy crap. Awesome. This is just, awesome. Keep up the good work yo.

8. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

Wow, Bob. Nice work man.

9. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

Well I just found this thread an I have to say "You, Bob Crees are one talented individual" th34K0FHU2.jpg

10. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Bob Crees holds the highest number of "likes" and the most trophy points.
    He is cool like that.

11. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

Wow. Have never seen a sod fanfic in a while....a good one that is

12. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Yes, I fully agree.
    I wish @Bob Crees would keep these going.

13. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes you are right, I must get my head into gear and keep going:)

14. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I believe in you Bob!

15. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

Bob you have got to keep writing. These are fantastic. Good State of Decay fan fiction is hard to come by and these are great! I can't wait to read more.:)

16. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Don't forget about this Bob.
    Tick, tock.

17. Hendo003

Hendo003 Here To Help

Yeah Bob, what he said. :D

18. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I really wish Bob kept up with these stories as much as he does with his D&D games. ;) These were really nice to read.

19. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Oh I so badly need part 5 like, yesterday! This is perfect State of decay fan fodder, I was so engrossed at the bridge at the end there, that when I got to the lighting the cigarette bit, I'd almost forgot it was only part of the story and felt that instant dissapointment that comes with any TV or story that cliffhangers like that and your desperately wanting to find out what comes next. If you do get the time @Bob Crees part 5 would be GREATLY received by alot of us. It's especially fitting considering we are counting down to springs new release of SOD2. It's like a look at how it all began, before we see how it all turns out. Loved it is an understatement Bob!

20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes I will really try and get my mind back to it:)