Tips and Tricks SoD/YOSE

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by Fabian907, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Longer Durability (YOSE)
    When you're scavenging and noticed that you're in a less populated area or scavenging through a building that is empty but a few zeds, just unequip your weapon and takeout the zeds with that new shiny knife.

Not Ready For Fights?
    When you know your way around the area, you'll know that you can escape a horde. All you need to do is try to outrun by going through a building and maybe get out by going upstairs and jump out the window or run out through the back of the house and crouch in a bush until conflict has dive down. You may also find a car that you remembered that is just sitting there.

Need Backup?
    Don't determine yourself too much but if you're up for a challenge do so. You're going to need a friend to help you in your needs. To bring a friend, just go up to a fellow friend in your base and ask him to follow you for 100 influence. And once you can take care of things on your own just go up to your friend and tell him to go back home.

Want Good Weapons? (MELEE)
    For melee weapons there's a durability ( The wrench icon. ) and weight on the weapon stats. If you want a longer lasting weapon so you don't have to constantly find new ones, just keep on scavenging until you come across a maxed durability bar then keep it. For heavy weapons they're heavy, blunt weapons are light and they're also quite common to find, & for edged weapons they're quite rare to find. You will get an additional melee weapon if you bring back or break down matierial staches.
    Note: YOSE players can unequip their weapon to make the durability longer.

Want Good Weapons (Firearms/Guns)
    • Accuracy - the higher it is, the lower the bullet spreads i.e the shot is more likely to hit what is being aimed at. (How accurate you can shoot for long shot distances, 3 circles, the more bars, the more accurate you are going to be shootin'.)

• Noise - how much noise is made when fired; (3 rings of half circles getting bigger, the more bars, the more noise)

• Recoil - how much kick the weapon produces when firing; (Icon of a gun pointing up, the more bars, the more recoil)

• Durability - how many shots can be fired before the gun is broken; (duration of the weapon, the more bars, the more the gun will be less likely to JAM)

• Suppressor - whether the weapon can attach a suppressor (revolvers, shotguns and grenade launchers cannot); (icon of a gun with an X on it means you can put suppressors on it)

• Scoped - whether the weapon has a scope for greater accuracy; (A circle with a plus going through the inside and a little to the outside, if you see a check mark next to it then you are a able zoom in, click the left stick while aiming down the sights and you're able to zoom in and out.)

• Weight - how heavy the weapon is (in lbs);

• Magazine capacity - how much ammo the weapon can hold at once (+1 for extra chambered round in most firearms);

• Fire modes - semi-auto, burst-fire or full-auto; (you're able to switch weapon types from full auto, single bullet, 3 round, etc. This is only for a few weapons)
    Ammo.
    You'll find ammo in various spots such as a house, ammunition store, etc
    These are the ammo you will find and rarity

9mm - common
    .22 - common
    .357 - rare
    .40 - rare
    .44 - rare
    .45 - rare
    Shotgun shells - rare
    .50 - really rare
    7.62 - rare
    5.56 - rare
    Grenade Launcher Shells - rare

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net...ats_SoD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20130609213300
    (A good clear image that is self explanatory)

Underestimating your enemies?
    I wouldn't go ahead of myself if I was in a REAL apocalypse. Want that new shiny gun in the ammunition store, but there's an infestation. Bring a gun that is silenced so you don't attract more attention.

Everybody Loves Infestations!
    Have a few Molotov cocktails, grenades, etc lying around and just want to take care of an infestation fast. Just throw or shoot any fire/explosives through a window and take out any remaining zeds.

Zed Types.
    Walker:
    They tend to walk slow and are easy to run ( easy)
    Running Zed: They're found in a horde or they're just randomly generated ( easy-medium)
    Armored Zed: These guys love bullets I mean seriously they can't be shot with guns except for the .50 Eli Rifle. You're just gonna have to beat it up with melee weapons. ( easy-medium )
    Screamer: They scream once you're in contact with one. They spawn in some cases like infestations and or randomly spawn. Just shot the screamer in the head. ( medium )
    Bloaters: These guys are fairly simple to kill but be aware of you get to close, the bloated will explode acid or any chemical diseases it had inside of it. Here's a few ways you can kill them
    1.) Shoot them in the head and they'll go down but won't explode until you get near it or you could just leave it alone.
    2.) shoot its stomach will cause it to explode ( don't get near or otherwise you'll drain your health and stamina, in other cases, you'll get sick.
    3.) running it over... That's a. Bad idea. As you run it over, the trail of its gas will follow you and harm you for 10 seconds.
    4.) Throwing a Molotov cocktail at it will make the bloated explode and also harm the zeds around it.
    So there's many ways to kill it but I usually leave it alone. ( easy-medium )
    Ferals: These are the most scary thing to fight, why? Well if they see you they'll road and run at you and it's way faster than you and every other zeds. To dodge him just roll by hitting LB + B and he'll miss, too late and you'll might as well rage quit. You can kill it while you're on a car but they'll dodge real good and or lungs for the car door, and if you're lucky, you'll kill him. ( medium-hard )
    Juggernaut: They're the fatest of all of the zeds. They'll try to kill you violently, fast, and etc ( medium - hard )

Supply Drop(Care Package Inbound!) You might want to come well prepared by...
    Burning them
    Exploding them
    Shooting them(silently, optional)
    Runnin them over
    Beating them up with melee(like a badass)
    Bring a survivor and help beating them and shooting them.
    Once you killed most of them near the drop, quickly scan and take things out, this will prevent the loud noise from buzzin'

I'll add more soon!

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  2. AblativMeatshld

AblativMeatshld Here To Help

Just tonight in BD I found my first .50 rifle. And then, within ten minutes, I found my second.

Now I finally have a place to put the .50 cal rounds I find... This will make Juggernaut killing in lvl 5 muuuuuuch easier.

Beakie and Fabian907 like this.
  3. HND DUNKEL

HND DUNKEL Got Your Back

Thank you i was looking for something like this;)

4. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

No problem! ;)

e6crunchy likes this.
  5. Seta

Seta Got Your Back

When doing a supply drop the beacon won't stop emitting noise until you finish the search bar circle. Pull an item into your inventory from the drop just to be safe.

Beakie, OptimusGnarkill and Fabian907 like this.
  6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

You should try a Pistol-SPC + Focus Aim + Condor (or the Automag). There's really no faster way in-game to drop a juggy.

7. AblativMeatshld

Hmmm... Don't think I've found any of that one... Where about do YOU usually find it?

And I got all the Heroes except for the one for LVL 6, so I'm gonna go to "the next town" and set up the base and stock up and then save the game. And hope the conditions for the nee Heros aren't too insane.

8. CaptainAssassin

After 60+ levels of Breakdown, I honestly can't remember. I'm pretty sure they were both found in non-military locations. The Condor was far more rare than the Automag:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. AblativMeatshld

Yeah, don't think I've found a Condor...

10. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

I like to use the condor like a signature gun like
    Daryl = bow
    Sasha = sniper
    Rick = revolver
    Etc, etc

e6crunchy and Vers like this.
  11. CaptainAssassin

The Automag is a perfectly suitable alternative... it'll take 5 shots instead of 4.

12. AblativMeatshld

I've got a couple of Automags. I tried to take out a Juggernaut with a .50 cal rifle and it... went badly.

Ended up running home and snagging a 6-shot grenade launcher. Much easier.

13. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Wus, jk I woulda done the same but I'd go 1v1

e6crunchy likes this.
  14. AblativMeatshld

I hit him square in the head like 3 times. Nothing.

And then all his little friends started to want to say hi, so I just threw a couple of trucks at the guy while playing GTA with the zeds.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
  15. CaptainAssassin

Yeah, they're pretty useless as the game currently stands— and the recoil is hilarious. Maybe in Class4 we'll have the option to shoot while prone, and the game will handle a draw distance worthy of the caliber.

Fabian907 likes this.
  16. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Yassss.

e6crunchy likes this.
  17. Seta

Seta Got Your Back

Even Carl has a sheriff hat unfortunately there is no signature for Glenn, who has been around longer than Sasha or even Michone(katana).

You can even almost be Neegan

18. HND DUNKEL

HND DUNKEL Got Your Back

I have a little tip
    it reduces the noise of footsteps,and the animation of getting tired (Just press LT on xbox 360)
    Press LS to move the camera from right shoulder to left shoulder and take a peek (very useful w/o radar) not every gun has this option, some of the guns had zoom.

SticksNstones and Fabian907 like this.
  19. You can also use the LS option to make aiming through windows/doorways easier if you're shooting in and can't hit a screamer standing by the wall.

HND DUNKEL likes this.
  20. MRFALLOUTFAN

MRFALLOUTFAN Got Your Back

Nice guide a lot work into it but not trying to sound like an A hole but some one did the section with the zombies already

Skoodge and Fabian907 like this.