Tips and Tricks SoD/YOSE

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by Fabian907, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Won't for my gf/wife. She won't even be in the same room while I'm playing. She's not that big a (video) gamer. Odd. She can watch medical shows, has CNA training, and can't take gammer gore. Loves Cards Against Humanity, though.

I think the only game she's actually ever finished was my Super Mario World. (And that may have been just for completion's sake, after her bros tossed her SNES when they were little.)

2. J3AN P3T3R

J3AN P3T3R Starting Off

Supply Drop(Care Package Inbound!)

Remember the location on the map or mark it then Get a different quest. then while your current quest is active go to the drop site and the box will be there except for the hoard of zombies.

Bob Crees likes this.
  3. Bazza

Bazza Here To Help

Just a quick question on lifeline, is there a certain point that you can trigger the story with Hawke that will result in daytime sieges?
    They seem to happen at night mostly and it's almost impossible to see at times, whats be the time frame between attacks?
    cheers!

4. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Sieges can happen both day and night, whatever story point you are at. For the next VIP rescue, try to do nothing for a bit, then kill time bringing them back to base as long as possible. The day/night cycle works in LL too, so this should allow beautiful, daylight zed redeading.

5. Bazza

Bazza Here To Help

That makes sense, I read the day cycle is 1 hour of light and 1 hour of dark in real time, sieges occur every 30 minutes or so, I thought I get sneaky with it.

6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Have you tried changing the base's standing orders? Having them thin the herd will buy you more time between sieges.

Bazza and Fabian907 like this.
  7. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Good idea, I've always hated the night, I would need my flashlight just to see.

8. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I typically play SOD after dark for this very reason. It can be quite hard to see during the night cycle, especially with the window directly behind me.

Fabian907 likes this.
  9. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Ohhh, yes...that too.

10. Bazza

Bazza Here To Help

Thanks for the tips, il experiment a bit when I get to have my few hours treat at the weekend.

11. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

a little late for the party but....asking non the less.
    Which are the most desirables traits for a Breakdown random rolled PC? and do they outwirght negative perks?
    I rolled a Paramedic + Studied Linguistics but with a Coward and Asthma Attacks debuff....should I keep it or it'll be a problem sooner or later?

12. Han solo

Han solo Here To Help

Leadership
    Medic
    Chemist/machinist
    Anyone with high ranking wits is great also
    And you will need someone with the research skill
    also the ninja skill.
    I love using Marcus cause of the leadership and powerhouse skill. I then give him the Heavy weapons trait. I have him equipped with the firefighters Ax. Also if you get Ray, keep him. You can call for car if in a pinch

13. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Leadership, Quick Reflexes, Cop, is my current number 1 (random survivor - non hero) in breakdown.
    have not and will not restart my breakdown at all cause I dont want to lose him...

14. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

So I should keep this guy with Paramedic (medic skills) and Studied Linguistics (improved research) even having those fighting and cardio debuffs?

15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

It's good to have characters with dual skills, well that's what I tend to go for anyway.

Cejao likes this.
  16. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

Hey there, I'm having a little problem unlocking the "get outta my dreams" achivement on Steam (kill one of each Freak with a car).
    I'm totally sure I killed them all, yet I'm not getting it to unlock.

Any ideas if the kills must be done in a specific game mode?
    The only other ideas I have is Army and SWAT zets counting as different freaks? or kills not counting if they are done inside mission?

17. CotJocky466

CotJocky466 Here To Help

You have ran over and killed a juggernaut with a vehicle correct? Just knocking him down does not count. Juggs are the hang up for most people. Ferals will commit suicide on your bumper if you let them. Screamers, bloaters and army zeds are easy kills with a vehicle.

18. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

Yes yes, I've killed a lot of Juggs with cars, usually in Breakdown lvl 1, when I get besieged missions with a new random hero, no trained skill and almost no guns, I just sacrifice a car to get the Jugg kill.
    All the others are checks, killed several ferals, screamers, army/swat, bloaters I usually just go in reverse to not get the hazzard fumes.

Maybe Juggs and Screamer kills in missions (Besieged, clear infestation) don't count and it has to be a normal game encounter?

Cejao and Fabian907 like this.
  19. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

You may have to do them while you're not on a mission

Cejao likes this.
  20. Erudain

Erudain Here To Help

got it last night, killed a random Jugg driving by....so, yes, it seems killing them in missions wasn't counting.

Cejao likes this.