Tips for Unlocking The Sniper?

Discussion in 'State of Decay Guides' started by DeadlyTowersSux, Jul 27, 2017.

1. DeadlyTowersSux

DeadlyTowersSux Starting Off

Hey, I really want to unlock him, but it's proving hard to get 25 headshot streaks on BD level 4. Any tips from the more experienced people?

2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Use a .22 pistol and Focused Aim - Yes it does take some time to complete. I went looking for Hordes and then drove away from them, until they all got into a line, then I would get out of my vehicle and start shooting

Cejao, Del44ZSlayer and MrsFish like this.
  3. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

I find the Five-Seven to be ideal for this as it's has a high capacity magazine and you can get two consecutive head shot streaks without much difficulty.

Edit: That said, I do prefer using an assault rifle with 5.56mm rounds. Higher magazine capacity and there isn't an issue with over-penetration like you will see with something in 7.62mm.

4. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

For me, this achievement was never about which gun was ideal and more about finding spots where armored zeds wouldn't get in the way and reset your count. So, as Bob Crees mentioned, hordes are a good source of zeds (and getting them lined up he mentioned is a great idea).

Some houses that are known to have a bunch of zeds are good too. For instance, that one farm house down the road from the Grange:whenever I pull up a bunch of zeds burst out of the door and windows, and it's pretty easy to get 5 of them before any other zeds get close to you. Leave and come back later.

Another trick is to use infestations--they not only don't have armored zeds, but are slow moving (as opposed to hordes that will sprint at you). Sometimes I let a couple buildings get infested and roll up on them making a bunch of noise-- the zeds will slowly meander out allowing you ample time to get a streak in. I typically won't clear the infestation--I'll get a streak or two, leave the area, come back (because it'll be full of zeds again), and then repeat. The last time I completed this achievement I used this methodology.

I also always use someone with maxed out shooting for this, sometimes the rifle specialization because it helps line up the shots quicker.

Cejao, Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  5. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

My best tip for you is what worked for me after getting sick of not being able to meet the 25 times before moving on in RV! If you have gurubani, this worked for me! Using her rifle as its permanently suppressed, try get her shooting maxed to get focus aim, then just look for hoards! Dont alert them, the rifle has really good distance range, just pop a snack, focus aim, and as u have slowed time, headshots are easy! You will have 25 done in no time. If u dont have guru, any good rifle will do, as u need the range shots, and plenty supressors so u dont alert the hoards. Good luck :)

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  6. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I just used a 9mm, snuck up on hordes, used the Eagle Eye ability and walked around to the side. That helped keep heads in line and not behind others.

Kill the whole horde, sometimes just killing 5 doesn't register.

Cejao, Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  7. Terrafutan

Terrafutan Got Your Back

If you're still struggling with this, I grabbed a rifle, lots of ammo, some fire crackers and set myself up on the roof of the closest Bronto Gas or Tartan Mart.

No silencer needed, no focus aim required. A shot or two to draw some zeds, a firecracker to localise them and boom, headshot streaks for the win.

This was in DB8 btw

Bob Crees and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  8. QMJS

QMJS Famous

Ah, I was halfway through typing almost this exact thing. Only one thing to add... at the gas stations, once you are on the roof, there are usually a few propane tanks nearby to shoot that will draw large numbers of zombies.

Bob Crees likes this.