Title Update 1 submitted

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hola fellow survivors. Just wanted you to know we submitted Title Update 1 to certification this afternoon.

Title Updates have to go through a "mini certification" process, so it will be a bit before these roll out, but we wanted to let you know what was coming. We expect the update to be available next week. We'll keep you posted as we have more specific information.

Here is what we've fixed:

• NEW: Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
    • Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
    • Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
    • NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
    • The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    • UPDATED: The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
    • You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
    • Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
    • Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
    • NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
    • You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
    • Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
    • NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
    • Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
    • Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
    • Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
    • Fixed various translations bugs.

Jeff

2. Awesome! That was fast!

3. Wow, this is brilliant!

4. Put it where we can put rucksacks in the back of trucks!

5. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Cool! If the Aussie Ratings Board sort their issues, does this mean that Australia and New Zealand might finally get a release too?
    :confused:

6. Yes this is a very great idea.

7. rkade8583

rkade8583 Got Your Back

Excellent! You guys may have missed a couple of big ones but at least you squished the little fuckers before they could crawl away again.

Chris and Almighty, this isn't the place for suggestions. Take it to the dozens of suggestion threads.

8. This^. Lets hope it comes true :)

9. Awesome... Love how you guys are jumping on these updates :) :cool:

10. midniteryu

midniteryu Starting Off

Sweet glad to hear. Also I don't know if this was told yet but in the church home base zombies tend to fall through the floor by where the podium would be next to the radio facility.

11. nice i guess after the patch is out i will start a new game

12. Thank you so much! Cannot wait for co-op!

13. Any news on possible frame-rate and stuttering improvements ?

14. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

You won't need to start a new game to get all the fixes.

15. ABCoLD

ABCoLD Starting Off

The fixes with too many infestations made my day. Hopefully it gets through cert ASAP! :)

16. Keep up the good work.

17. Awesome news, can't wait for the update. Amazing how fast you all jumped on these issues. Sorry for this, it doesn't relate to the thread but the comment about the co-op raised a few questions for me, first- is there going to be co-op updated into the game eventually? And if so will it be online co-op or kind of like gta san andreas two player? Either one of those would be great, I would prefer one like san andreas but I definitely wouldn't complain about either. But I won't get anymore into suggestions, just a question that popped in my head. Happy to hear your already working on issues. Excellent work on the game by the way, absolutely jaw dropping graphics and the story is awesome. Point blank amazing work. Keep it up UL!

18. Dark Guardian88

Dark Guardian88 Starting Off

Nice, glad to see you guys jump onto the problems the community is facing. I myself haven't had a chance to play cause I had to help watch over My oldest Brother's kids while he Flew across the Country(some of you might get this).

19. Oddzball

Oddzball Starting Off

Pls, THIS, for the love of god. The frame rate is awful.

20. I understand that your upset about the frame rate but you have to look at the quality of the graphics and understand this is their first major title release as a team. I agree the frame rate could be better but you have to think at the same time it could be a lot worse, its only an arcade game, not a console title. Most of the frame rate problems, I have been noticing anyway, is when you drive fast in the cars. Which driving fast isn't really necessary anyway so if that's when you see the problems the most I'd say just slow down some or try walking around. Thats what I have started doing, I leave all my cars at my base and just pick up a car on the way to/from a mission. Since I started doing this I have hardly noticed any frame rate problems with mine. Just a suggestion to help you possibly. Hope it helps. Cars attract zed like flies to honey anyway so walking around, while you may encounter more small groups of zed, keeps you from drawing hordes to your base. Plus they put the ability to sneak past zed in the game just for that reason. Just trying to help relieve the stress of the minor frame rate problems. Hope it helps.