Title Update 2 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 15, 2013.

1. JakeGold

JakeGold Starting Off

what is v-sync

2. Axious

Axious Starting Off

Im wondering if there's gonna be more updates to come?

The 2nd patch has fixed the major missing survivors glitch which has allowed me to grow my community to 34 survivors but my outposts fail to provide supplemental resources. Lilly too fails to locate resources after she said she has found some.

Overall, I feel there needs to be an update that utilizes all of the games features to its maximum potential including: trade quests, outpost supplemental resources, farming etc.

Despite my concerns, SoD is filled with great potential, it would be a waste for such great ideas left unfulfilled. Just imagine, once the conceptual bugs has been fixed it would endlessly grow with variety.

3. Where exactly did the swords come into play? The last game had to be deleted cuz of TU2 and I'm working slowly thru the random freezes in my current game.
    They just sound bad ass lol.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

4. I actually liked the long time for research and certain other actions. It made me find things to do to pass the time and I felt it was kind of cool waiting a day or so for a benficial research effect, each time I logged in to play I was filled with anicipation.

5. The notes clearly state that they will not be killed during simulation. Meaning when your Xbox is off they can't be killed. But when you're playing they can be killed.

6. I am pretty sure that point was made. I was merely venting in my anger as well lol

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk 2

7. Tonikz

Tonikz Starting Off

Vertical synchronization, basically synchronizes your FPS with your TV's refresh rate.
    Stops games frame rate from going above your monitors/TV's refresh rate.

anybody correct me if I'm wrong:)

8. What do they mean by playable characters cannot be killed by the simulation? Does it mean that if you are not playing as them, the wont die?

9. I was just wonder, I only just got SoD a day ago, does that mean I have the updates already?

When i ran the game it did not come up saying a patch is found so I am hoping so.

10. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

No, it means they will not be killed when the simulation is running when you turn off the console.

11. Sweet this is awsome

12. Your neighbours will still die though.

13. This patch screwed the loot tables and the resource consumption....

14. About " [*]Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation"

Guys what exactly is the simulation? Is it when I dont play the game for a couple of days and then I go back? Because I already lost 3 characters this way even after the first patch!!

What do I do to avoid that??

15. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

If the characters are missing, and you have had the mission for a while and you decide to just sign off. Your characters that are lost to begin with will eventually die. But the Simulation goes slower the longer you are offline.

Also, were the character's your friends? Meaning could you switch to them?

To answer your first question. When you go offline. The game will run a simulation based off of certain events. These events could range from an unhappy community, to someone being lost for a long period of time. If you leave your community in a good state. (Nobody has Black Fever, There are no "Missing survivors" missions, and there are no fear, anger, or depressed missions) then the simulation will be nice to you. you will still loose the daily amount of resources. But your survivors will scavenge more while you are gone. But remember, the longer you are offline, the slower the simulation gets.

16. Tonikz

Tonikz Starting Off

Wont be playing for a month:(
    good thing I read this bit about the sim, brightens my day a bit:D

17. Just wanted to stop in and say, Thank you SOOOOOOO Much for working so hard on this update! I was finally able to move out to Marshall and move on with the game. (I wasn't able to when my characters kept running off for no reason,resources draining while I work like a normal person, etc), I'm 100% happier to clear out infestations now that I know 5 minutes later the same infestation will not return. Yes! It is a happy day over here. :)

18. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Is everything good and fixed yet? I haven't played in about a month (yay for constant thunderstorms! -_-)...

19. xR0ckNR0llx

xR0ckNR0llx Starting Off

Any news on title update 3 yet? Im hungry for more updates!

20. Thank God, you have no idea how much we needed that! Well maybe you do since you made the game.. but yeah. The screen tearing was abysmal, thank you for sorting that out.

I know people always bitch and whine about V-sync because it puts a hard cap on the frame rate or whatever, but those people are clueless. I'll take a slightly reduced frame rate over a completely mangled image any day of the week.