Title Update 3: Bring a Friend, Have a Big Community Without Fear, and More

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Lost Walker

Lost Walker Starting Off

I am about to start new game and notice new update has "You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back." where is this option?

2. zephyr71

zephyr71 Got Your Back

You can ask them to come with you in the talk options of each character

3. Walk up to any survivor who has "friend" status and press Y, you should see the option listed in the choices. Keep in mind it costs 100 influence points, and they only stay with you till they are tired or hurt. They also dont stick around for any story missions, so dont bother bringing them along. Learned that one the hard way....

4. JustinRuin

JustinRuin Starting Off

They don't even have to be your friend for them to follow you. The only survivors who won't follow you are storyline characters like Lily, Alan and Pastor Will. I thought only friends could follow you too, but I picked up a couple new survivors and asked the one that wasn't my friend and he still followed me. Easy way to kill of survivors you don't want without taking the morale hit. If you can spare the 100 influence.

5. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Wow, I didn't know this. Thanks for the tip!!

6. Lost Walker

Lost Walker Starting Off

started new game, what in the hell is going on here? only one save file? thats odd

7. FTcivic

FTcivic Here To Help

How do we know if we have recieved the update???

8. Capt.C.Baker

What do you mean? It's always only been one saved file. :confused:

If you are starting from where you left off, you should get a prompt saying a new update is out. If you deleted the game and reinstalled it, it will come with the installation.

To check and see if you got it, walk up to someone and ask them to watch your back. If you have that option, you have the update. ;)

9. Lost Walker

Lost Walker Starting Off

Why not have two save files like every other game.

10. Capt.C.Baker

They wanted to make it closer to your life. You only get one of those. ;)

The Sandbox mode will have it's own save though, so one for the story and one for the sandbox.

11. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

I use an USB stick and cloud storage as well, so I have 3 saves. I have my first playthrough from release in cloud and have a backup of my current playthrough on USB. Works great! I still go back to my original game from time to time.

12. Lost Walker

Lost Walker Starting Off

[​IMG]

13. Nope. The patch is not. I have voiced my concerns in the correct threads and forums under bugs, which there are many, so I will not comment on here.
    As EreWeGo has stated, it's not merely some trivial matter.

Firstly, we had the original, unedited, raw version of the game, exactly as it was intended, and it was great. It was released here in NZ, even though when released in Aus your names were all different. I don't understand why we couldn't just keep it the same as it was originally.

Our ratings board has nothing to do with Aus, it's just lazy Xbox and MS.

As for the name changes, they are somewhat more than trivial. Undead Labs have gone out of their way to cater to Aussie, with in game Aussie Easter Eggs such as the 'Yerba Mate' reference, that have absolutely no relevance in New Zealand. I don't even understand what that shit is?

And while the game was great, the lack of immersion is weighing on me. In a Zombie Apoc, are you really going to fuck around with 'Herbal Tea Extract'?

I don't think so. It's watered down nonsense. If Undead Labs have the time to completely customize the game for Aussie's, surely it would be nearly as easy to give NZ the version EVERYONE else gets.

That's all Aussie has had, and the references in the game are catered to you specifically. We get rubbish Aussie jokes splattered all over our game. And why would a small American county be full of Australian drugs? Immersion? What immersion.

Give us back the original game.

14. ok please don't tell me that this is the FINAL title update I will die a sadman if I see this because I feel the game as incomplete especially when completing all three story modes. If anything please include the ability to put stuff in truck. fix the big in from mysteriously teleporting into houses especially when I did that quest the slaughter half of my people!

15. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Agree 100% with Psyphyr - Give us our damn game back. Would love to hear from a Dev on their thoughts, maybe an explanation on why NZ should get shafted with this decision...

16. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Microsoft classifies NZ & Australia together...has nothing to do with UL

17. Same here. I'm running over! +14 material a day!

18. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

UL said NZ would have an uncut/unedited version - and we did - so "somehow" they were able to do this for the release, and the TU update. It's only since they decided to have one version and released with the TU3 patch, (I'm assuming to make things easier, and cheaper for them), that we are now forced to have the watered-down, Aussie version...

So obviously, if they could be assed, it would be possible. It's not like UL ever said, "yes, NZ, we have arranged the full, uncut version for you...........well, at least until we change that in a patch".....would've been nice to know beforehand don't you think?
    While it's true that MS group NZ and Aussie together, (which is just horseshit), I'm not convinced that NZ couldn't have our own, uncut version, as we already bloody had it before TU3!

19. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Thing is, NZ got it before Australia did (because the ACB was being difficult)...didn't they?

20. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Yes, NZ and SA got it before Aussie, then Aussie got their release, so wouldn't that confirm that having a separate release from Australia is "possible"? If not how the hell did they do it in the first place?

Like I said, I'd really like to hear a Devs or the Publishers take on the decision, as from where I'm standing, it "seems" like the decision is purely economical...Obviously having more than one version of SoD means more certifications to go through for any future updates, and I'd imagine, would cost more in time/resources, and financially for UL?

If that is the case, then NZ are getting the short end of the stick - our review board certified the uncut/full version as okay for release in NZ, R18, yet we're having another country's review board decision forced upon us with regard to the version we get to play.

If UL can confirm that there is no mechanism to have separate releases for Aussie and NZ, fine - it still sucks, but fine, it's out of their hands. However, it seems it was possible with the initial release, so I'm sure you can understand why it's fucking annoying to have purchased the uncut game, only to have an update force the Aussie release/version on us...