Title Update 3 Patch Notes

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jul 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hola fellow survivors,

Here are the draft patch notes for the upcoming TU3:

• UPDATED: You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back. Followers can also accompany you on most non-storyline missions.
    • Outposts are now numbered on the map.
    • NPCs who have been told to leave your community no longer remain in your Journal and take up bed space.
    • Added Journal log entries for "Memento" mission.
    • Added Journal log entry for establishing an Outpost.
    • You can now train members of another Enclave in your Dojo immediately upon construction of the Dojo.
    • Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted.
    • Changed AI to ensure zombies are present when you get a training mission or a morale mission.
    • You can no longer move to a Home site that supports fewer Outposts than you currently control.
    • Fixed an issue where Influence attrition wasn't scaling properly, which led to some Influence exploits.
    • Fixed Snyder Warehouse not repairing vehicles.
    • Fixed community NPCs sometimes blocking the door to Snyder Warehouse.
    • You are now reminded every 15 minutes, starting at 30 minutes, that your progress is not being saved while in a mission.
    • Fixed bug that allowed save spinner to sometimes display during missions.
    • Removed references to generators in Fuel description.
    • Jacob can no longer be selected for a "Mercy Shot" mission before he gives you the “Home Away from Home” mission.
    • Fixed a terrain issue that caused parked vehicles to catch on fire when restarting the game.
    • Fixed getting “Stockpile maximum exceeded” Journal log entry immediately after leaving Mount Tanner.
    • Vehicles are no longer teleported to Home parking spaces at 6:00 AM.
    • Fixed issues that allowed community to exceed the population cap.
    • Additional polish to "The Law" mission.
    • Minor improvements to shadows.
    • Fixed missing subtitles.
    • Fixed floating bushes and grass.
    • Fixed typos.
    • Fixed issues in non-English translations.

Note these are draft notes, and may change before release. All changes will be noted here.

Jeff

2. Undead Jeff

TU3 has been submitted for pre-certification QA. We hope (there's that word again!) to formally submit to certification next week. As always, I'll keep you posted.

Jeff

3. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Awesome to hear Jeff! Thanks for the update...looking forward to TU3

4. nobbys nutts

nobbys nutts Starting Off

Will we in OZ get the TU3 at the sametime if the game is released the same day.

5. Undead Jeff

If all goes according to plan, yes.

6. nobbys nutts

nobbys nutts Starting Off

Thanks Jeff.

7. Doctor Invictus

Doctor Invictus Got Your Back

Good stuff, Jeff.

"Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted."

Does this address the common issue players are having with being unable to make their stockpiles make sense?

8. jwarner

jwarner Starting Off

Thanks for the news! Can't wait for some of these fixes. Can I ask what you mean by 'additional polish to "the Law" mission'?

9. Croxphire

Croxphire Starting Off

This says it all.
    happy patrick stuart.jpg

10. "Additional polish to 'The Law' mission"

What does that mean? Has the issue with their supply locker being empty all the time (with the exclusion of the first time it gets items) been fixed?

11. Atreyu113

Atreyu113 Starting Off

So any news on Sandbox mode?

12. The first one on the update list is just awesome. Having the ability to go out with one of your survivors is really going to change the entire game. At the current time, I just wait for someone that needs a talking to and go on a mission - however, I take a ton of detours. And it works, only if your careful of course.

Looking forward to the sandbox mode - sounds freaking sweet!

13. Croxphire

Croxphire Starting Off

This is my favorite item as well. I'm going to start all over again when this comes out. Can't wait!

14. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Good stuff indeed. However, what do you mean about "Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted"?

15. ok guys its great that you are fixing the problems with the games, but there is only one worthwhile feature that i can see in this list that improves the game and that is to take your friend with you on a mission.

Where is the other features that should have been added to enhance the game?

Eg. carrying bags in your car? This was a major needed and requested feature that we still have not heard anything about!

Now that you can take a friend, can you atleast order the friend to also carry a rucksack back with you? or is that still not possible?

Please guys you must add the rucksacks functionality especially since the sand box mode is coming soon.

Thanks. Great job in the fast patch turn arounds!

16. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

QADJ says that's the hope :)

Apparently you didn't actually have to follow the judge or even be in the room with her. You could be on the other side of the wall and the mission would complete.

17. jwarner

jwarner Starting Off

They talked about it in the stream from Tuesday. They are looking into it.

18. Fixed getting “Stockpile maximum exceeded” Journal log entry immediately after leaving Mount Tanner.
    -> Yes that was my main concern ! But I hope you didn't fixed it Microsoft style (by simply deleting the annoying text but not actualy by fixing the wrong calculation)
    You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back.
    -> Cool !
    Outposts are now numbered on the map.
    -> Very useful in order to know which one you delete !
    Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted.
    -> Good too !
    Fixed Snyder Warehouse not repairing vehicles
    -> What ? I've only played in Snyder after the church, and I've never experienced this issue... but ok !

So, great update to come. Well done... if it apply correctly without messing up the game like it happened previously.

19. jwarner

jwarner Starting Off

Never realized it, wow. I just followed her anyways.

20. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

If you check out the Roundups thread in this subsection of the forum (or the live stream notes from this past Monday, also in this section), you can actually see me saying something many times :) But I don't mind repeating - not everyone sees every thread. Heck, *I* don't see every thread.

It is one of the top requests we get, and we've been investigating whether or not we can do it. By the time we had to lock down TU3, we still had not made a determination. We haven't given up, and we should know one way or the other in the nearish future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.