Discussion in 'FAQs, Interviews, Articles, and Links' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 24, 2013.
Just collecting them all here for returning veterans wondering what's changed since June.
TU 1 and 2:
NEW: Fixed story getting blocked if you refuse Quentin's request to talk to the sheriff.
NEW: Fixed soldier and zombie pathing in "The Armory" mission.
NEW: Fixed character getting stuck in passenger seat if hit by a zombie right when you enter the vehicle.
NEW: Corrected displayed weapon type for Hockey Stick.
UPDATED: It is no longer possible to establish an Outpost or relocate your Home while on a mission.
There was one more change we slipped in right at the end there. Something to do with a sink. The sink? Heat sink? 'N Sync? Oh, right:
NEW: Enabled V-sync to eliminate screen tearing.
Find Missing Survivor mission opportunity timeouts increased from 30 to 60 minutes.
All mission opportunity timeouts pause while not playing.
Fixed Leaderboard crashing for profiles with a large number of friends on the SoD Leaderboards.
Fixed incorrect camera angle in final mission.
Reduced frequency of "I brought you a pony..." line.
Fixed rucksacks falling through floor and being unrecoverable. Rucksacks are now moved to an easily accessible location within the same building.
You can now manufacture homemade painkillers in the Medical Lab.
Stockpiles that are over the maximum storage provided by your current Facilities (the "cap") will no longer drain while you are not playing. Instead, Stockpiles that exceed the cap will drain every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
Improved awareness of Stockpiles that are over the cap. The Assets page now displays both the current amount and cap for each Stockpile. Stockpile amounts that are over the cap will be displayed in yellow, both in the Assets page and the Home Status panel.
Influence in excess of Fame no longer drains while you are not playing. Influence in excess of Fame drains for every five minutes of play at the following rate: 2 if you're 100% over, 1.5 if you're 50% over, and 1 if you're 15% over.
The rate at which Stockpiles are consumed no longer factors in the number of missions played during the current day. It was causing Stockpile consumption to be too high.
Fixed a bug that caused some characters to be given 100 ammo.
The "Too many infestations!" to-do item is now properly cleared if you relocate your Home to a site with fewer than two infestations within 500m.
Fixed several areas on the map where the player can get stuck.
Fixed several pockets of deep water.
Fixed a bug that could cause unexpectedly large numbers of zombies to spawn near the Mt. Tanner cabins.
Fixed a bug that caused games with large communities to fail to load.
Fixed a bug that allowed players to get stuck in the abandoned farm house north of Marshall.
Removed several sections of fencing around warehouse near fairgrounds to improve navigation for missions in the area.
Made it easier to navigate fairgrounds in vehicles.
Adjusted draw distance of dynamically generated vehicles to match pre-placed vehicles.
Fixed a bug that caused character to become stuck in a falling state when dropping from a ladder into a group of zombies.
Fixed a bug that prevented weapon durability from being reduced by certain combat moves.
Made it easier to execute "Double Kill" move.
Fixed a bug that caused a Feral zombie to react incorrectly if you dodged while he was leaping.
Fixed a bug that briefly displayed debug text in the main menu after selecting a storage device.
Made major adjustments to Facility action times to make Facilities more useful during the current play session:
Globally changed Want delays from 1 real-time day to 4 real-time hours.
Duration of Fitness Regimen, Combat Training, Big Meal, Feast, and Firearms Practice changed from 3 real-time days to 2 game-time hours (where "game time" means time playing the game, not counting time that elapses while you are paused or logged out) so you get the full benefit of the bonus while you are actually playing the game.
Cooldown on Big Meal and Feast changed from 22 real-time hours to 3 game-time hours. This means your community is "full" for 1 game-time hour after the effects of Big Meal and Feast wear off before the Facility actions can be used again.
Trade Opportunity action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
Train Outsiders action time changed from 1 real-time day to 90 real-time minutes.
Preservation Attempt action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
Create Biodiesel action time changed from 3 real-time days to 90 real-time minutes.
All Library research actions changed from 2 real-time days to 4 real-time hours.
You now receive a Stockpile bonus upon claiming a new Home site. Each site comes with a specific number of Stockpiles, based on the size and number of Facility sockets in the site.
Fixed a pathing bug that caused zombies to get stuck in the floor during a "Besieged" mission.
Added a "Stick Sensitivity" option.
The game will now repair saves affected by a bug fixed in TU1 that could cause Lily to be killed by the simulation.
Characters selected for Mercy Shot mission can no longer recover from their injuries.
Mercy Shot missions can no longer select playable characters.
Moved "Horde Alerted!" banner higher on the screen and reduced size to avoid interfering with driving.
If you move your Home site when a Trade Opportunity mission opportunity is active, the mission opportunity now relocates to the new Home site.
Lily no longer reminds you to come to the final mission site. It was annoying during sandbox play after winning final mission.
Edged weapons are now effective against Feral zombies.
Fixed bug relating to Juggernaut reactions to incendiaries.
Fixed a bug that notified you of simulation events affecting NPCs that are not in your community.
Searching for Stockpiles with the radio is now more reliable.
Fixed bug causing stimulants to have permanent effect. Stimulants such as coffee and energy drinks now properly wear off over time.
Improved music track selection logic.
Title Update 2 also includes all changes from Title Update 1:
Playable characters can no longer be killed by the simulation
Workshop now repairs weapons and vehicles at game dawn rather than the next real-world day.
Reduced cooldown times of commands in the Radio Menu, notably Words of Encouragement, Words of Inspiration, and Medical Advice.
NPCs no longer get stuck behind the counter or on the stairs at the gun shop in Spencer's Mill.
The "Too many infestations!" event will now only occur when there are too many infestations within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
The "Too many infestations" to-do item is now cleared when there is only one remaining infestation within 500m of your Home, rather than anywhere in the world.
You must now be close to the ranger station for the Memento mission scene to play. Previously you would be teleported to the station if you left before the end of the mission.
Community members will properly interact with Facilities in your home. Previously they would stop after a period of time.
Feral zombie now properly dodges vehicles approaching at an angle.
NPCs will now reliably reach warehouse between Mt. Tanner and Spencer's Mill when called to gather supplies.
You can now punch out through the windshield of a vehicle if both doors are blocked.
Zombies and NPCs no longer get stuck behind the grocery store in Marshall.
NPCs now properly move to the proper location during cinematic scenes.
Zombies no longer fall through floor in the Marshall courthouse.
Zombies can no longer get under porch or floor at the Wilkerson's farmhouse.
Fixed a few rare crash bugs.
Fixed various translations bugs.
TU3 Notes and FAQ
- TU3 stands for "Title Update 3." It is our third update to State of Decay.
- TU3 is completely free, and will automatically download when you fire up SoD.
- It will be available all over the world, in all regions, no matter when your region got the original game.
- It will come online *starting* at 2 AM PDT 7 Aug 2013. It may take a few hours to spread to all servers, which is not something we can control. Hang in there. You will get it.
- If you were afflicted by the overlarge community bug (freezing, crashing after a few minutes of gameplay, game would not load): You _probably_ will not need to restart your game from scratch. We worked very hard toward that end! I feel honorbound to warn those few of you with really enormous communities, especially if you had a very large community relatively early in the map progression, that you may still be unable to load the game. If you still can't get the game to load after updating, you will need to restart.
- The rest of you do not need to start a new game.
- We're preparing to reduce the number of versions of SOD down to one. (Each launch has represented a new version of the game.) Most of you will notice exactly nothing. *We* will notice something - a streamlined process that lets us and our publisher do more and do better. Anyway, part of the prep work for that is in TU3. It includes code changes which check for region, so the One Version will display the modified item names for Australia. Because Xbox treats NZ and AU as a single region, NZ players will see the modified names.
- Here are the final notes (no change from the last thread - just sorted and in some cases hedged to avoid giving you the impression we'd solved EVERY terrain issue, for example ):
- You can now ask a community NPC to follow you and watch your back. Followers can also accompany you on most non-storyline missions.
- NPCs who have been told to leave your community no longer remain in your Journal and take up bed space.
- Jacob can no longer be selected for a "Mercy Shot" mission before he gives you the “Home Away from Home” mission.
- You can now train members of another Enclave in your Dojo immediately upon construction of the Dojo.
- Fixed Snyder Warehouse not repairing vehicles.
- Fixed community NPCs sometimes blocking the door to Snyder Warehouse.
- You can no longer move to a Home site that supports fewer Outposts than you currently control.
- Vehicles are no longer teleported to Home parking spaces at 6:00 AM.
- Outposts are now numbered on the map.
- Added Journal log entry for establishing an Outpost.
- Outpost bonuses to Stockpiles are now retained when the game is restarted.
- Added Journal log entries for "Memento" mission.
- Changed AI to ensure zombies are present when you get a training mission or a morale mission.
- You are now reminded every 15 minutes, starting at 30 minutes, that your progress is not being saved while in a mission.
- Fixed bug that allowed save spinner to sometimes display during missions.
- Additional polish to "The Law" mission.
- Fixed an issue where Influence attrition wasn't scaling properly, which led to some Influence exploits.
- Removed references to generators in Fuel description.
- Fixed a terrain issue that caused parked vehicles to catch on fire when restarting the game.
- Fixed getting “Stockpile maximum exceeded” Journal log entry immediately after leaving Mount Tanner.
- Fixed issues that allowed community to exceed the population cap.
- Minor improvements to shadows.
- Fixed some missing subtitles.
- Fixed some floating bushes and grass.
- Fixed some typos.
- Fixed issues in non-English translations.
Separate names with a comma.