Trick or Treat... Definitely a Treat. Official "Distraction" Video Thread

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Capt.C.Baker, Oct 30, 2012.

1. midniteryu

midniteryu Starting Off

Vid was short but sweet, like how you could sneak past the zombies altogether without firing a shot, very realistic and practical in a situation like that not to mention fun as hell as the tension builds.

2. Awesome. THAT is the game I want to play; a game where being detected by multiple zombies would result in death most of the time. The PAX videos that had players wading into crowds of zombies with impunity were a bit discouraging.

3. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Agreed 100%

4. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

Cheers mate also everyone happy Halloween

5. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

My video analysis is done and the video should be uploaded soon-ish, so anything from in the next ten minutes to tommorow, bloody upload times....

6. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

If you're here from YouTube or Facebook or the official UL website or wherever, here's where to post your thoughts on the newest gameplay footage sneak peek :) Welcome, newcomers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukPTxJEsTRU

7. Undead Sanya

Can't wait to see it, Arc :)

Y'all, I did just slap up an "official" thread for the benefit of people streaming in from YouTube etc, but don't feel like you need to double post - this one is the one I'm refreshing, as I just said to Jeff, "like a Skinner pigeon hellbent on a peanut."

8. Cool video, can't wait to see more :)

9. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Ok Sanya, I'll put the link up there when its done, which according to Youtube will be in... 1347 minutes..... -_- dammmnn....
    And I've got to say I've never heard that one before! :D

10. Undead Sanya

Changed my mind, I'm merging the threads so the new people don't see me contradicting my own rules first thing ;) See you all in the new location.

11. Well this only makes me want to play SoD even more! I'm impressed UL team, you're without a question living unto/holding yourself to the highest possible standard!

So when can I play the beta... :)

12. to get firecrackers is there gonna be like some sort of joke shop or will they be found pretty much anywhere? Oh and can zombies climb up ladders because you see it in like dayz and zombie land but i doubt zombies would really be able to climb them :)

13. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Right, here a link to the video, I changed the file type so the upload would be quicker, the quality may have taken a major hit though... Either way theres always my beautiful voice to listen to *Sarcasm*
    State of Decay - Distractions Analysis

In the meantime I'm going to try and find out where my HD went... *Grumbling*

14. Undead Sanya

You make them, if you've built a workbench/machine shop in your base.

15. This video was worth to watch every second. What about the contrary? If a zombie is trying to get someone, can I get the zombie attention to me and save the guy? Oh and Sanya can you remove a bit of your PMs, I'm trying to send one to you but you're out of space.

16. Rob Crimson

Rob Crimson Starting Off

The bag is little big to be holding two cases of ammo. Kinda don't like it just pop out of no where, hopefully Class 4 will have animation of you taking stuff out and put into your bag. like can be placing the bag on the floor or hold bag in one arm while other is grabbing it.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  17. Whiskers

Whiskers Got Your Back

That was AMAZING, wow the game is looking beautiful UL :D Can't wait :)

18. MAJOR WARPATH

MAJOR WARPATH Starting Off

I would like to know, if you get spotted by the undead and they chase you into a room, store, house, wherever you can secure yourself how long will they stay. Will they disperse eventually or will you have to wait for help and come save yourself. Sounds weird but you can control each character from your group. Can't remember if this was answered in any of the posts.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  19. Undead Kevin

Undead Kevin Developer

Hey Capt.,

Funny you mention 'The Thing'. Moriconne's work is just one of the examples we experimented with when creating musical motifs for State of Decay. The piece you hear in the videos is one of the mid-level combat compositions from Jesper Kyd.

Kevin

20. Cargot35

Cargot35 Starting Off

Unfortunately my team and I didn't get to participate in this month's challenge because of distance. (And we decided not to do it without each other) But we'll be available for the next one! And the video, man oh man. Was that fantastic or what?

A couple thoughts
    The details from that video were fantastic, the inside of the gun shop was very well designed. Notice the dead zed with the deer antlers next to it. The actual environment itself looked great! The moving wind turbines, the birds and even slight details like the broken part of the water tower structure.
    I'm so very hyped about this game and the amount of time going into it.