TU2 status update (June 25)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hola survivors,

I just received notification that Title Update 2 has passed the BVT and Compliance phases and is now in the final Functional phase of certification.

If you want to know what those terms mean check out my article explaining them, posted back on June 1 before State of Decay released.

I know you want an exact day. So do I. For now all I can do is pass along what we know about where it is in the process, and tell you it's 'soon'. ;)

Jeff

2. Tell the people to do their jobs! But thanks for the update :)

3. Yayyyy thxx Jeff!

4. JussBL4ZE

JussBL4ZE Starting Off

Jeff.. When the update goes through, should those who havent been able to play expect repercussions for not being able to play? Im stuck with the infinite load screen due to having a population of 32

5. tobu24

tobu24 Got Your Back

Omfg! I'm sooo excited! I've stopped my first playthrough in order to wait for the patch. Cannot wait to resume! Thanks for the update!

6. Amnesiablo

Amnesiablo Starting Off

The final phase is the easiest one to get through so this is good news.
    Whether we will see the update this week I am growing ever doubtful (pessimist inside of me speaking out).
    However it only took a couple of days to test the entire game when they were at this stage before the June 5th release and this is only a patch not a full game.

7. I just wet myself a little bit with excitement then. CANNOT WAIT. Go UL!

8. Can't wait! I've had to hold off from playing the game for now as the 'Too Many Infestations' thang is causing my survivors to run off (usually in 3's) and that's too much for me to handle alongside everything else!

9. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

I gotta say, I love how transparent UndeadLabs has been with this game. Most of the time gamers never hear anything. Learning what goes into certification and what stage you guys are at is quite refreshing. I am eagerly looking forward to any new SoD content and any other products UL brings in the future.

10. toupz

toupz Starting Off

Yaaaaaaay tbis is great news!!!!!!!

11. NeoXCS

NeoXCS Got Your Back

Thanks for the update Jeff! Can't wait. ;)

12. Can't wait to be able to play again!!(infinite loading screen)

13. So close! I am eager to acutally enjoy playing! I have not played in over a week, its making me really want to play. I hope this patch works!!! :)

14. WaitMarcuscantdie!

WaitMarcuscantdie! Starting Off

I look forward to this. Right now I just dismantled all my outposts to see just how long the Kirkman residence with 8 ... wait ... now 7 survivors could hold a raid.

Gotta say, Alan is mighty handy with that rifle.

15. Quintus_Fontane

Quintus_Fontane Starting Off

Thanks for the update, Jeff, it's much appreciated.
    I absolutely adore the game you've made, and I firmly believe it has a mountain of potential for further improvement. With that in mind, I hope you won't take it the wrong way when I say that I can't wait for the PC version for many reasons; hopefully better fps, less pop-in, the (Ever so slight?) possibility of a modding community, but mostly because of the patching process on the Xbox. I've been a PC gamer too long, and this last week or so of waiting for this dual-patch has been... unpleasant, as a result ;)

Regardless, keep up the good work guys; you've struck gold with this title, and I think if you keep expanding it, the vein is going to be a big one.

16. fray

fray Starting Off

It's good business sense as well, in my opinion. I'd rather give my money (present and future) to Honest Abe than to Shifty Sam. ;)

17. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

Thanks Jeff, I've been pulling my hair out waiting to hear something!

18. fray

fray Starting Off

I'm on my second playthrough and decided to experiment a little myself while waiting on the patch. Now I'm just using characters to fully learn how to properly dodge attacks from groups, how to aim and fire more quickly, how best to deal with special zombies alone, etc. It's been fun, educational and helps pass the time. I can't wait to try it all out on a REAL playthrough. :D

19. oh hell yeah! just finished the whole story yesterday. now to wait for tu2 ^^

20. Hellzzzz yea, thanks for the news