TU4 Notes

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

These are coming on Friday the 29th, whether or not you buy Breakdown. Though please do buy Breakdown and tell your friends it's out ;)

If you are playing on the PC, you actually have most if not all of this stuff already, as it's easy for us to bug fix as we go along on Steam. The Xbox certification process is pretty complex, so we have to bundle lots of stuff at once.

UI:

· Enabled Breakdown DLC selection/upsell in the Main Menu

· Fixed the translated word 'Daily' in the Status tab of the Journal being too long

· Fixed a bug that would cause the leaderboards to not sync to latest live data.

Content:

· Overhauled our loot distribution system. (Note: The system now takes into account how much of something you already have before it tells you what is in that new container. It takes out some of the random, yes, and it also takes out the rage moment where you get your 348th Widget even though you've never once seen the Wadget.)

· We now allow any playable character to get the Badass Achievement.

· Rebalanced the use of voices throughout the character list, reducing the chance of a male voice on a female character and vice versa

· Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause Freaks to have the wrong models (!)

· Model tweaks at the southern bridge military blockade

· Fixed a bug where leaping bite attack from the rear was doing no damage

· Fix for invincibility exploit using repeated use of the dodge while standing still.

· Followers can now be killed by Freaks, but you are given ample opportunity to save them.

· Attempted to make a more natural Feral zombie interaction with vehicles

· Jacob should no longer be killed off before Ed is saved.

· Made car door kills a bit more reliable; it would sometimes clip through the zombies or not stack multiple kills correctly.

· We now make one member of generic enclaves the leader, so the entire enclave can't go missing. (They would sometimes end up in limbo and unable to join you.)

· Fixed an issue that caused neighboring enclaves to sometimes not earn trust.

· Fixed incorrect community member being expelled from your community.

Save/Load:

· Corrupted save repair: If we find an unplayable character in a player's save game, we replace them with an appropriate character. This fixes some cases where the save game would no longer load.

· Addressed an issue where old save games would show buildings as having loot, when they in fact did not.

· Performance tweaks to improve framerate

· Fixed a rare bug that cause the game to not load

· Fixed a bug that caused the physics system to compute more than necessary.

· Fixed a crash due to a floating point exception caused by the zombie spawning system

· Leaderboard data check. Sorry, can't be more specific. Because.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  2. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

3. zed_survivor

zed_survivor Starting Off

Just to confirm, you mean Friday the 29th right?

4. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Yes. Friday the 29th. :)

5. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Ahhh, the beloved patch notes :)

6. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

Ahh, delicious patch notes.

7. Hitom

Hitom Starting Off

Run away status still not fixed? lol!

8. Doc Roley

Doc Roley Got Your Back

"Wadget" ha ha!

9. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

Excellent notes Sanya! I'm very much looking forward to being able to expel the correct member of my community again. I'm also glad to hear you're addressing the problem of entire enclaves simply vanishing. Though I do wonder, have you attempted to find the whatever issue is causing the enclave system to fail completely after a fashion?

10. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Whoop, good notes!

11. Leeds93

Leeds93 Starting Off

So excited!!

12. jwarner

jwarner Starting Off

So no more finding 300 Glocks? Yes! Thank you!

Does this mean less cars flipping from a tiny pebble?

Anyway, thanks for the notes! So glad to get back into the game.

13. Hardfighter7

Hardfighter7 Here To Help

oh hell yes! the 2 bugs i've encountered have finally now been FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIXED WOOHOO THE WRONG SURVIVORS EXPELLED and ENCLAVES NOT EARNING TRUST THING (THIS'LL BE HELPFUL WITH DESPERATE SURVIVOR ENCLAVES AS IT'S THE ONES THAT ARE EFFECTED THE MOST <3 <3 THANK YOU SO MUCH SANYA AND UL those 2 are a real bugger for me as well as some of the community (most for the wrong survivor expelled bug.

14. Hey @undeadsanya, I think the question on everyone's mind is when exactly on the 29th will the update and dlc be available? I know undead labs is based in Seattle Washington, so when it is midnight in Seattle, it will be 4am in southern Ontario Canada, where I live. Could you help us estimate a rough release time? Pllleeease

15. SgtMBeck

SgtMBeck Got Your Back

Awesome, glad something is changing concerning Loot Distribution! I would have accepted removing the Glock 17c from the game entirely...but your solution sounds better ;)

16. congrats on all your hard work paying off team, great job.

17. DMentMan

DMentMan Starting Off

good job

18. Thunder Ice

Thunder Ice Here To Help

I also noticed that you patched the hill southwest of Marshall where you could escape the map. Why must you ruin my fun?! D:

Anyway, happy for the notes! :D

19. Freedoms_glory

Freedoms_glory Starting Off

I think you missed the change to the Pro wrestling Perk, instead of body slamming a zombie, you do a leapfrog over the zombie and then(a not so cool or effective) roundhouse kick.
    This was a dumb and unnecessary change, also the sweep seams to have been replaced with a normal Straight down chop.
    Where these changes Intentional or is there another bug hear.
    Ps love breakdown and I love you guy, thanks for making dreams come true:)

20. I know this is out of topic but everybody knows that in a zombie apocolypse zombies arent the only problem. You should add bandits for (example lily ritter : hey it looks like there are survivors you should check out) then as you go there from any distance you could be shot at by them but it matters what gun they have example rifle long ranged shot, assault rifle mediem ranged shot, pistol mediem ,shotgun short ,revolver mediem so on it doesnt have to be the way i wrote it because its your game i am just giving an example. If you do like the idea and you already thought about this make a survival mode for all the dlc and normal game where you can shoot your own survivors example i take a shot gun point it at jacob ritters chest and i blow a hole in him killing him but i didnt shoot him in the head so there is a 50% chance he turns into a walker and 10% chance he turns into a feral 30% chance he will turn into screamer and 5% chance that he turns into juggernaut and 5% chance he turns into bloater. If shot in the head he will not be infected same going for bandits and if you shoot jacob ritter in the head already when you blew a hole into his torso his head will explod and he will not be infected. And you could add theivery bandit attacks make it so your survivors are patrolling to avoid theivery more animations more voices smart npcs because we dont want a girl or boy with a grenade launcher blowing zombies up then when you get close the npc blows you up because your trying to kill a zombie and i hate the aim bot for them make it so they can be suprised example they are gonna shoot a zombie then a zombie is coming up behind them -vannila they turn around and shoot the zombie maybe future they dont know that zombie is there so zombie muchies on them. Also in the survivor mode you shound make close combat more deadly like if you are getting munched on it is harder to get it off and there is a high percent that the muching zombie will give the character black fever and decrease how much damage the heavy weopons use because on youtube thats is what everybody uses so please fix that and make it so you dont pull out weopons as fast example vanilla- two zombies are coming at you you shoot the first then the second zombie gets to close and your close ranged weopon teleports into your hand and you kill the second maybe future- you pull out your rifle in a 3- 6 second animation then you shoot the first zombie sprint back put away your rifle in a 3-6 second animation then pull out your melee weopon in a 2- 5 second animation i am only asking about this and every thing i said here is not supposed to meanfully hurt you in any way i am just trying to give you guys ideas for the next update or game

Bradyjames95 likes this.