Twenty Minute Interview With Jeff

Discussion in 'News' started by Furie, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Bit busy at the moment so haven't managed to watch it yet. Apologies if it's not what it says.

Rooney, Doomen Gloom, Alajeff and 8 others like this.
  2. Vers

Vers Here To Help

A point discussed that I haven't seen in other interviews were that characters can have caps on how far they can progress their stats (11:00) ie: Max cardio for one character was only 2.

3. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

"Lurkers" I'm liking what I hear....

"They stay down on the ground and you don't see them until the last minute"

Jump scares was a feature I wanted in SoD2, and these "lurkers" could potentially provide some jump scares.

4. Vers

Vers Here To Help

Last time I heard "Lurker" was in Alien: Colonial Marines. :eek:

5. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I was thinking a crawler/'lurker' could provide a good challenge to us Ninjas and OP-ness.

PvEvP, for indirect PvP. I like it!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  6. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

"Ambient population of zombies . . ." Please, God, don't make that a static number like it is in the original. Of course the zeds should never go away, but the numbers present should fluctuate to an extent due to player actions. If you complete enough hunts for a certain freak type, then the overall numbers of that zed type should temporarily decrease. Otherwise, what's the point?

7. DJB204

DJB204 Famous

I hope the lurkers have variation in appearance and positioning. The last thing Id want is for the lurkers to become predictable or easily spotted due to them becoming too familiar over time.

Good point, and I totally agree. Being able to keep the freaks at bay by staying on top of the "freak missions" would be very cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
  8. Furie

Furie Here To Help

I honestly took lurkers to mean regular zombies who're just lying down, much like the sort in the original game. They tend to spring up at you in that.

The traits capping character skills is a brand new feature reveal, and one that's gonna shake up how we play. Hopefully everything has a chance to be capped, and at different levels too.

9. Goonie

Goonie Here To Help

It was nice to get that clarification on human enemies! No human players can directly harm you, but NPC humans can get violent. I think this was said a while ago, but it's been kind of confusing ever since.

And, man, is it apparent when people have or haven't played the original. These guys weren't very good interviewers (the one on the left looked so uninterested), but Jeff was able to put out some good info. Thanks @Furie!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Doomen Gloom likes this.
  10. Gmutant

Gmutant Here To Help

Did I hear Jeff correctly when he said "30 different mission types"? We have maybe 10 or 12 in the original game.

11. Furie

Furie Here To Help

You did not, or not completely anyway, and the implications are huge.

He was talking about 30 different mission types not really being enough to fill a map without seeming limited. Directly before that he was talking about having not just different building types but different things to do within those buildings and how that will differentiate areas so that the map seems larger. The two together implies that were getting a deeper world experience this time around with a lot more to do outside of the missions.

Now, that could just be different ways to search (pick locks, hack computers, find your way through air ducts) depending on the building, or even mini missions (stashes left by survivors and following their clues to find them, specials locked away that you can take out to get access to caches of items), mini games (play darts in the old pub to get some affinity with your AI partners), or side quests (you heard a scream and have to investigate to find a survivor who may or may not be friendly). We just don't know what it means right now but it does translate to more content.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  12. Morak

Morak Got Your Back

No more offline progression. I think that was the thing I disliked the most in SoD1.

Gmutant and Vers like this.