Twitch guest tomorrow: Producer Jess

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

If you want to learn more about how games get made, how you end up the designated adult in a room full of gamers, or how you make games get made in spite of everything, please post your questions here for Jess, tomorrow's special Twitch guest.

2. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

so what's it like working with everyone ?especially Brant ?
    and why have you guys not gotten payed yet ?
    also what does a producer do ?
    Oh and nice to meet you Jess :)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  3. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

I have tomorrow off so I shall be able to watch it live!

Let's see, a question on game design: How difficult is it to pitch a new IP in the current climate of the gaming industry? That wasn't quite on design per say so I shall ask another: How does one decide what the final feature set of a given game will be, and by what standards do you prioritize said features?

There that should be good. Also, of course, hello and have a great day! I won't be in the chat as the twitch account demands my Facebook information and I don't have any Facebook information. I do wish you had a way of disabling that particular roadblock.

4. KUyTh

KUyTh Starting Off

Hi Jess (and the rest of Undead Labs' scientists),

How does it feel to be a producer of a small development team in comparison to bigger game companies?

And how well did you guys handle the initial release problems regarding the classification board complications with Germany, Australia and New Zealand? Being road blocked in terms of distribution must have been a pain, especially for the producer. (Yes, us Germans dislike overly strict rating boards. I can't imagine being a gamer living in Australia where it's far worse)

My last question:

Is Undead Labs planning on expanding to other settings as well? I know that at the moment your first priority is focussing on the State of Decay/ClassX IP but I hope the studio won't be only popular for its zombie and post-apocalyptic games.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  5. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

You don't need to log in via Facebook. I certainly wouldn't. The popup is asking you if you'd like to log in via FB, or just log in directly. You need to make a Twitch account.

But even that is only if you want to chat.

6. KUyTh

KUyTh Starting Off

Off-topic: The Twitch restriction on Microsoft Studios' channel is pretty annoying for us non-FBers (Righteous Ham was right about this).

This always pops up if I try to type something: You must Facebook Connect to send messages to this channel. You can Facebook Connect in your twitch settings under the connections tab.

I'm sorry to say that, but it seems like FB users are the privileged internet class nowadays (at least for Microsoft Studios).

7. Nokturne

Nokturne Starting Off

Just make a fake-facebook act? I call em my fakebook accounts.

Oh and a question for Jess

"Out of all the jobs in the video game making industry, (animators, programmers, lead designers, producers etc) which one do you feel is the most in-demand and why?"

I'm going to assume programmers cause everyone hates fixing bugs and writing code.

8. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

Sorry to say Sanya, but you do. I've had a Twitch account for some time, but every time I've been able to watch one of your streams, It says I must connect through Facebook to chat. Of course, I'm capable of watching the steam and my need to comment would most likely be very small, but I would like to every once and a while.

Yes that is the message that I receive as well.

9. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron requests that someone inquires about cookies. :)

10. VladimirKenju

VladimirKenju Got Your Back

What decision making process was used for your cookies to pie ratio