Two-factor authentication now available

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hey folks,

You now have the option to enable two-factor authentication on your Undead Labs Forums account.

The idea behind two-factor authentication is that you don't rely on just a password to login — instead you require both something you know (your password), and something you have (the Google Authenticator app on your smartphone). If a hacker is able to gain access to your password (e.g. an evil-doer installs a key logger on your computer, or is snooping wi-fi traffic on a hotel network), the hacker is still not able to log in without physical access to your two-factor device. This makes it more difficult to steal your account.

A special two-factor section has been added to the 'Your Account' section of XenForo. From here you can view, add and remove two-factor authentication keys. Give it a shot at https://forums.undeadlabs.com/account/two-factor.

Let me know here if you have any issues, and, as always, stay safe out there!

Jeff

2. Awesome XD lets see them try to post random crap on my account now! Oh wait, that's me :(. I want a hacker

ThatChristmaskid and Undead Lori like this.
  3. Trust me, the quite boringness is much better than the rage induced by a hacker.

Amelia Crasman likes this.
  4. Good stuff, got mine setup now too.

5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I still have a reliable durable flip-phone that has real physical keypad buttons and you charge it up and it stays charged for 3+ days.
    "smart" phones are hand held computers pretending to be phones.

Dunadain likes this.
  6. Clyde

Clyde Got Your Back

7. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

Where'd I put my tricorder when I need it?

Cejao likes this.
  8. troy pulcifer

troy pulcifer Here To Help

mmmmmm...super nokia FTW!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.