TWO. Million. Sold.

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 2, 2014.

1. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Does this mean Sanya & Nicole get raises?

Congratulations UL, well deserved success.

Rock33B, Dantron, Vers and 2 others like this.
  2. Mattyice26

Mattyice26 Got Your Back

NIIIICE. All that hard work is payin off. Looking forward to the future of s.o.d. undead

3. Yes good news with the new peeps.The new tab formatt will help the new slayers with the home Base learning curve.

4. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

Aren't you a little young to be buying alcohol?

XzerothreeX likes this.
  5. I swear to drunk I'm not God.

6. SomeRandomGuy

SomeRandomGuy Famous

For some reason the first part of my post before got eaten, so here we go.

Congrats on 2 million, I'm sure 3 isn't far behind with YOSE coming up.

Christmas seems to be a little TOO merry right now.

7. BridgetFisher

BridgetFisher Got Your Back

Awesome! Congratulations!!!! This game brought so many people something we always wanted, the ability to make our own stories in the zombie apocalypse. So many games like dying light try to shove their story down our throats, and being game devs their stories usually suck, lol.

I really felt like I was in the game because of how the story was done. We could play it anyway we wanted, this is probably the hardest type of writing, and I enjoyed all of it. Unlike a book or a game with a linear story, in games we are the character making our own story, looking forward to more from Undead labs! :)

Good luck in the future!!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  8. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

This is good, right? I mean, it doesn't suck!

9. Rock33B

Rock33B Here To Help

We'll crack open a cold one for you.

10. Jeff and all UL, this game is worth any money of my pocket, have 3 orginal copies.

11. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

UPDATE: As of a message 3/31/17, Nicole confirmed they had sold over FIVE MILLION COPIES of everything.

Here's hoping SoD 2 dwarfs those numbers! I'll preorder a collector's edition as soon as they are announced!!!!

Doc Roley, Cejao, Bob Crees and 3 others like this.
  12. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

What I said was, I heard the number 5 million thrown out there. I hate to be cagey, but I didn't double confirm that, so I don't want it to be "an official" confirmation.

13. I read that as... it's not official yet, so everyone needs to go out and buy more copies until it's definitely official.

Doc Roley, Cejao, Bob Crees and 5 others like this.
  14. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

I have an SOD copy for each xbox I own.

I guess when 2 comes out I'll need a Scorpio to keep the disc company.

Doc Roley, Cejao, Bob Crees and 2 others like this.
  15. Zeppathy

Zeppathy Here To Help

I'm a dedicated gamer. I spend over 100 hours a week gaming... I even play games at work. (Take that mom n dad, claiming noone would pay me to play games! Jokes on you!) Played most of the ZA games on the market. Free, pay, subscription, mobile, console, pc, ect. UL has the best ZA gameplay so far imo. 0 regrets buying multiple copies/dlcs. I do however like Telltales TWD story. But that "game" has no real gameplay. Its a choose your own adventure book from Harry Potter's world with moving pictures. Once you saw all the endings there was no reason to replay again. Matter of fact Lets Plays are better for the telltale series than actual personal play. Its a story, pretenting to be a game. Mey aswell let someone else "read" it to you before bed. After every ZA game I find myself drawn back to SoD. I like how UL focused on good solid gameplay, with replay value.

16. GR8ScottZ0MBIES

GR8ScottZ0MBIES Starting Off

Congrats UL.

Um, have only known your game for 6 months but I consider it the "just right" of Zombie Games.

You've done well, look forward to SOD 2. Unreal Engine, Bigger Team, Your Ideas going to be a joy.

My heart says thanks \(^.^)/

P.S.. Have already spread the word about SOD on my go to forum.

17. Corwyhn

Corwyhn Here To Help

I came a bit late to SOD. Not REAL late but it had been out for a bit before I found it. That was an amazing day.

18. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

She's correct. I also went back & listened to an IGN interview with Jeff after E3 2016. He stated he had been 'authorized to state' there have been over 5 million unique players/unique IDs since the game originally came out.

Of course, some people play SOD on multiple accounts to have multiple games going, others have purchased multiple copies (I have 360 and X1 copies, somebody else bought 15 for a frat raffle when it was new.), so the numbers will be a little off. Nevertheless, our enthusiasm has blown everyone involved out of the water. I wish I had known about UL in 2012, not after YOSE was released!

still...

FIV-MIL-YUN!
    FIV-MIL-YUN!
    FIV-MIL-YUN!

(minute 98 of interview:)
    http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/d/1/a/d1a...66638034&hwt=b4163f2e3566c5ee6e0ac0a2994d5f8c

Last edited: May 19, 2017