ULWPC #17: Voting

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by TheMuse, Nov 3, 2017.

?

Which Story Was Your Favorite?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2017.
  1. "Counting" by Panic!atSkyfall

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. "Best Friends Forever" by QuarantineRoad

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. "Everything" by TheMuse

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Thank you everyone who participated! Our theme this time was Unfamiliar, and we had some interesting entries from everyone! I'll post the stories and links below so anyone can re-read before they vote. Voting will be open for 4 days total. The winner of Round 17 will get to pick the theme for Round 18! Thank you everyone who wrote, and a future thank you to all who will vote!

"Counting"
    by Panic!atSkyfall

"Best Friends Forever"
    by QuarantineRoad

"Everything"
    by TheMuse
    Hall Of Fame

Round 1, Free Write: "An Adventure" by Bob Crees
    Round 2, The Life Of Our Pilgrim Fathers: "The Man Who Lived Next Door" by Fear/"The New World" by TheMuse
    Round 3, Halloween/Horror: "Of Hell And Animals" by QuarantineRoad
    Round 4, In Transit: "Crossing Over" by QuarantineRoad
    Round 5, Memoir: "Wait, We Found What?" by DeadK9Handler
    Round 6, Patient Zero: "B3113" by Panic!atSkyfall/"A Cursed Trader" by Burning Phoenix
    Round 7, Spring: "Cheater" by TheMuse
    Round 8, Ha: "Three Curses And A Wish" by QuarantineRoad
    Round 9, Tales Of Tomorrow: "The End" by TheMuse
    Round 10, Today Is The Day: "Hidden Affairs" by QuarantineRoad/"The Gardens" by Panic!atSkyfall
    Round 11, Deep Blue: "Gladly" by Panic!atSkyfall
    Round 12, Highs And Lows: "Just Once More" by LadyoftheLake
    Round 13, Lucky Or Unlucky: "Thirteen Steps" by TheMuse
    Round 14, Eye See You: "The Window" by TheMuse
    Round 15, Moonlight: "Destruction and Creation" by Panic!atSkyfall
    Round 16, Soulmates: "In Moments Alone" by TheMuse

Cejao, QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Again 3 very good stories:)

Cejao and QuarantineRoad like this.
  3. QuarantineRoad

QuarantineRoad Here To Help

@TheMuse: I'd meant to say earlier that I found both yours and Panic's to be very powerful. Yours also affected me in a personal way, since I've dealt with many of the thoughts you wrote about. There's a lot in there, but I wanted to try and speak to part of it.

There was a public service ad years ago, where a teen stood on a platform while his classmates kept changing his style to what they wanted. Finally, he stops them, walking away.

Life is like art. Interpretations of beauty and meaning. All we can go by is our own conscience and instincts. It can help to listen to people's compliments and criticism's - we all have things we need to be made aware of - but, whether through self discovery or molding yourself after someone you admire, the important thing is to know your limits and who you want to be. To create your own standard and hold yourself to it. Otherwise when the wrong people try to shape you, it's easy to give in and let them. (But seriously, if you want to know what's cool, just ask me. :p:))

Besides leaving you empty, that can lead to its own problems. A certain amount of conformity and temperance is good, but how many times I've made a fool out of myself trying to be something I'm not - or with someone I shouldn't be. Once you're true to yourself, you'll eventually find the ones you were meant to click with. Remember that they're searching, too. Where one person doesn't like freckles, another does (like me!). Everyone has a safe harbor out there. Fate is fate, but if we keep watch, maybe those ships won't pass unseen in the night.

4. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I missed the voting again. oh well.

QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

QuarantineRoad and Cejao like this.
  6. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Thanks guys!

No worries, the story was a sort of schizophrenic re-imagining of certain aspects of my life, so there was a melding together of actual events and then fictional crazy thoughts. It's a really weird piece of writing, and I'm honestly surprised it won haha, I really really really enjoyed both yours and Panic's! I appreciate your concern though, I feel like there are thoughts in there that I've entertained and others that are real but blown out of proportion for the story's sake, so I appreciate your advice and take it to heart.

New prompt incoming!

Bob Crees, QuarantineRoad and Cejao like this.
  7. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Whoooooooppppsss so sorry, gimme a few minutes

QuarantineRoad, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.