Undead Labs Discord Channel

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Howdy! If you haven't already joined us on Discord, here is the invite link - https://discord.gg/kuJjE4j

We've got a great community there, ready for you to join us.

Please remember that Discord has the same rules as the Forums.

As always, thank you for your continued support of the Lab!

- Nicole

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Cejao

Cejao Famous

I also posted a invite link months ago in a different thread that was sticky'ed to the top of off-topic.
    But this is more direct and easy to see. Not sure why you waited so long to do it though. :p ;)

Del44ZSlayer and Bob Crees like this.
  3. DicheBach

DicheBach Got Your Back

I think it is great you guys have discord set up and encourage users to participate.

I think it is ridiculous that you expect Discord to "replace" this bulletin board. You clearly have a wonderful, supportive, generative community. Why you would put that at risk by planning to kill this board with the expectation that Discord can replace it is inconceivable to me.

4. CharlieChainsaw

CharlieChainsaw Here To Help

I know nothing about Discord. And I’m EXTREMELY bummed that these forums are being shut down.

5. Cejao

Cejao Famous

6. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Here is a video about the Pay version - Discord Nitro ($4.99 USD per month)

Bob Crees and Del44ZSlayer like this.
  7. Rooney

Rooney Got Your Back

I don’t understand. Everytime I log into Discord for SOD2 people are taking about random stuff like tacos instead of SOD2. It is definately not the same. I love tacos, but that’s not what I sign in there for.

8. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ya, those fools are supposed to be in off-topic channel with that but discord is just a giant chat-room with voice channels and stuff.
    and like any other chat room, it very chaotic and hard to follow a conversation with all the random posting thrown in there.

9. I too am not too fond of this discord. But oh well

10. Zombie_Coats

Zombie_Coats Here To Help

Terrible news!

I am sad to see this go! :(

11. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

If you are going to use Discord, then it is best to find a good time to visit. Some times are not so 'crowded' as others.

12. Azuries

Azuries Got Your Back

There’s always the Xbox live club too if that’s still up and running/active. I’m yet to join it. I should request an invite lol. It’s good they are trying to reach out to a bigger audience, it’s good for the growth of SOD, but at the same time I’m worried it would also attract douches. I love this community we are like a big family and the best and least toxic I’ve ever come across in gaming.

That said times change just like generations but we will always still have each other.

13. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Ditto. It's too similar to Slack (which I use at work). It's alright for instant communication, but not so great for long-term organization of info.

14. Azuries

Azuries Got Your Back

I’m pretty sure that’s why they are doing the wiki, in another post there’s something about info being moved to the wiki and for people to help with it. I dunno

Del44ZSlayer, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  15. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Last I saw was - Wiki had been closed down due to people spamming the place?

Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  16. chikawowwow

chikawowwow Here To Help

Wait so the Wiki is/was publicly editable? How is that better than having a forum?

[​IMG]

Gmutant, Jukka, Del44ZSlayer and 2 others like this.
  17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

I am not sure, have never tried to say something on Wiki.

DicheBach, Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  18. Azuries

Azuries Got Your Back

19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Banned

Del44ZSlayer and Cejao like this.
  20. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Right now the Wiki is closed to open registration. If you want to become an editor for the wiki, please send me an email. Nicole at undeadlabs dot com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.