Update on Australian release

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Hola Australian State of Decay fans,

I have bad news to share: State of Decay has been refused classification by the Australian Classification Board (ACB). We've run afoul of certain prohibitions regarding the depiction of drug use. We're working with Microsoft to come up with options, including changing names of certain medications in the game to comply with ratings requirements. Whatever our path forward, it's going to take a bit.

I know this is frustrating — believe me, we're frustrated too — but each country has the right to set its own rules about content, and it's our responsibility to comply with them. Rest assured we'll do everything we can to find a way to get the game into your hands. Stay tuned.

Jeff

2. Harben

Harben Starting Off

Terrible day to be an Aussie. This is the same problem Saints Row 4 is having with Australia.

3. MAJOR WARPATH

MAJOR WARPATH Starting Off

That really sucks and I hope it gets resolved soon. Everyone should be able to experience this game, with all the necessary changes according to where you live of course.

4. What does this mean for New Zealand Jeff? Bad news?

5. Probably, since the XBLA is AU/NZ..

6. That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. I feel for all our brothers and sisters suffering in Australia.

7. [​IMG]

Also got a spot on your friends list for me on xbl?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  8. Jeff, what's your stance on people making US accounts to get the game? Yay or nay or no comment?

9. Undead Jeff

Undead Jeff Developer Staff Member

Not necessarily. Hope to have an update on New Zealand and South Africa tomorrow.

10. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

....but what REALLY sucks is NZ certified the game, yet we still can't play it either - are we going to somehow see out own release since the Aussie version is likely to be delayed even further?

*EDIT* - Sorry Jeff, just see you ninjaed my post - will be interested in what news you have tomorrow...

11. this why i hate Region l lock on games cause everyone should be allow to play this game and this is a guy from united states and i love the game but hope soon u guys add co op to it as well this the reason i believe u need make a game for xbox one so it sell twice as many copys since no Region restractions on xbox one just how i feel about region lock

12. If I get into trouble for this, so be it. When I first signed up for Xbox Live Gold years ago, it somehow made it an American account. I think it was to do with the email address I used. When SoD came out, I checked out my semi-new AU account, only to find the trailer for it. Checked my US account, demo & full game were available. So, I figured I'd grab the game from my years old US account. I play it on my AU account. Am I breaking any laws here apart from ignoring the ACB here?

13. Surely this is a joke from the ACB... Right? RIGHT? No?
    Are. They. Kidding. Me.

Wow. The Oz government treating adults as kids..

F***ers...
    :'(

14. Dude you have to remember kids use the XBLA as well. Some 12 year old with their parents credit card could buy this game. They're not treating us as kids. They just don't take into consideration that adults play console games, too.

15. Paton

Paton Starting Off

Saints Row 4 has too much Sex.

State of Decay has drug issues???

What a joke... The new R18+ rating was really worth the fight!

Fallout 3 was banned years ago for having Morphine in it...

Absolute joke

16. SR:IV also has the use of illicit & prescription drugs for bonuses.. which is the very same reason SoD got RC.

17. This is just getting ridiculous :mad:

Every other country can have it but noooo not us Australians, we are treated like little kiddies, its just pathetic :(

18. I feel for you aus.
    But bring on the NZ release.

Woop woop

19. Looks like IrishDead's controller-down protest might break.. this'll take awhile to amend if they have to change the name of the pills used in game.