Update on Australian release

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 25, 2013.

1. xr1st1anos

xr1st1anos Got Your Back

It is and it isn't. It is dripping with 'Ozzy humor'(sarcasm). 'Whinging' is a part of our culture. Some just wanted an 'official' word.

Calling strangers 'mates' and our friends '*****' is the thing we do. So the friendlier/closer we are, the more insulting we get. ;)

No need for apologies.

2. Thanks for popping in here and dousing the flames Undead Sanya, maybe we Aussies can now get back to just calling each other dickheads as we hand around the stubbies and have a good laugh.

Yeah to most of the rest of the world, we seem strange, as the only culture that shows their affection with pure insults ;)

3. 3Monkeys

3Monkeys Starting Off

Apology accepted . The problem was that casual gamers and those who work long hours would be checking in to this particular thread , maybe the title needed changing to clubhouse , and enquiries were met with derision and good old fashioned nastiness . Good too see the two main culprits were the first to respond . Now time too lock this thread or start a new one . This entire exchange has left a bad taste .

4. :rolleyes:

5. xr1st1anos

xr1st1anos Got Your Back

I take offense to this statement. This implies I'm a part to the 'derision and nastiness'. I did not take any part in any derogatory remark towards another nor did I ever act with any nastiness towards another.

If your statement was towards this thread being turned into some sort of ANZ clubhouse, then yes, I am guilty. I meant to take the tension off the fact that AUS still had not been given the chance to play the game(even though if one wanted to, they could have found a way around it).

If your intent was the first then you are a dickhead. I'll be more than happy to send you $20 (cost of the game) so that you don't have to wait around for the game and get something else and while your at it, stay away from the forum.

If your intent was the latter, then perhaps it is me that should apologize for any inconvenience as to whatever actions I may have undertaken to lighten the mood in this thread.

6. 3Monkeys, you were one of the first to start abusing anyone who was not staff that tried to offer information in this thread that came from an official post elsewhere and it seems you just can't help yourself.

I am sorry you do not play well with others, but we really do not need that sort of attitude here, please be nasty and place your venom elsewhere.

If you stay here please try to be a bit nicer to other forum users, maybe then they will be nicer to you, unless you get kicks from stirring the pot, then if so I am sure the admins will soon become aware of that.

I hope you have a nice life and maybe start to treat others on the internet with a bit more respect.

7. nobbys nutts

nobbys nutts Starting Off

Come on people play nice together or you will be on after school detention.:):rolleyes::cool:

8. Sanya, I'd like to sincerely apologize. I was not trying to start any arguments or the likes. I also wasn't asking for a definitive date immediately.

I know U-Labs are busy people themselves.

I apologize to everyone for having this thread "flagged". Didn't know that asking a question was against moral rules..

Anyways, thanks for Sanya and the team for working so hard, and I honestly look forward in playing this hyped game when it is released here in Oz.

Cheers
    Graj

9. Originally Posted by Undead Sanya
    Until this thread was reported for open warfare (the which I just nuked, by and large - you can be pissed at me until the cows come home, but do not take it out on each other), I didn't realize you were waiting in this thread for an update.

Seriously, this thread was for an old announcement, and the last I'd looked at it, it had become sort of a club for Australians to talk to each other without having to listen to people in other regions being smug about having the game already, so I left it alone.

I was planning to start a new thread when I had a solid release date. I am so sorry, you guys.

As you know, right now there is an estimated release date of next Friday starting, in theory, at 5 PM for western AUS and 7 PM for eastern AUS. I say in theory because it can take several hours for the servers to get the files. But the process will begin at that time. What you will get is the game with TUs 1 and 2 rolled in, no need to patch. Jeff says that if TU3 is approved on that date, you will basically get the game and then immediately get TU3.

It's still just a guess, albeit a very informed one because Jeff will move heaven and earth to keep things on track. I'm guessing I'll start the official thread next Wed or Thurs, when the process is nearly complete.

Again, I'm really sorry. I thought I'd left a clubhouse, not a waiting room. :/

Umm what happened? last i was here it was just Aussies talking about how much they hate the A.C.B and tips on how to work around it.

10. STONEDSTONER

STONEDSTONER Starting Off

YOu guys could just make a NZ account, Store brought MS cards work in both NZ and AU also , so you dont even need credit card /visa

It uncut Ver also

11. Not long to wait now and the Aussie version isn't cut, they just changed the names of the drugs in the game. No other changes.

12. nobbys nutts

nobbys nutts Starting Off

yeah only a couple of days to wait .
    Its not worth the hassle to make account in NZ.

13. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

Anybody wanna streak w/ me to celebrate Australia & NZ getting it when it drops?

14. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

I'm going to get in trouble for this, but....

Pictures or it didn't happen. :p

Slinks off, like the dirty minded person he is.... ;)

15. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

lmao! the imagination is a powerful thing ;)

16. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

Now you're just being mean. lol :p

17. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

[video=youtube;_crvGziPn3g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_crvGziPn3g[/video]

18. xr1st1anos

xr1st1anos Got Your Back

19. I dunno, Australia is on high alert for streaking since this just happened at the State of Origin. (NSFW)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfgvgVAtpXs

20. IrishDead

IrishDead Here To Help

I'm only streaking if Sanya, Brandt & Jeff are willing to do so as well...