Update on Australian release

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jun 25, 2013.

1. nobbys nutts

nobbys nutts Starting Off

Does anyone no if oz and nz are in the same region.

2. Gday mate (mind the slang) this is not your fault as a developer it is the classification boards fault.1 State of decay is not near as violent as any other games. 2 their was an R 18 rule set in motion for games starting this year whats the point of having an R 18 rating if its not used. 3 The classification board says its the medicinal references that caused this ban what the F*#k their already many other games that let the player take drugs even without the "censorship" . The Classification board needs to understand people r still going to find a way to get this game legal or illegal.

3. I would like to say thanks for rushing to get this game to our shores. We know how hard you must of worked to change the game to fit strict (very stupid) codes. Thanks entire UL dev team!
    I will buy this game, 2 times over to just get it definetly!

4. 3Monkeys

3Monkeys Starting Off

Thats it ...time to move to North F**ken Korea .... does China have this ? If so bravo Australia for disallowing any form of freedom of expression or the ability of an adult to play a "game" without developing an urge to go on a shooting rampage . Developed First World country my a** . Thanks for trying to get a game released here UL , but it seems we are still a pack of convicts when it comes to being able to buy a bloody game .

5. All but Med-X were also in Fallout 1 & 2, (from the late 90's) including Rad-X, which sounds like a really wicked drug if you think about it. The odd names of the drugs in Fallout match the vibe of those games, unlike any realistic names that a modern day zombie game might use.

I couldn't tell you if those games had any problems getting certified back in the day though, not without searching the web.

6. STONEDSTONER

STONEDSTONER Starting Off

Some people are saying we share the same XBLA library

I def know that we dont share the same dash and game on demand tho

7. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

What happened with Fallout 3 was basically that the Australian Board refused classification, due to the real-world naming of drugs in game. The Australian version is no different than the US, UK versions etc, because Bethesda decided to make the name changes to ALL versions of the game:

"All versions of Fallout 3 no longer include real world drug references, eg: morphine was renamed to Med-X."

8. and the injection animations were removed

9. Bullet Saint

Bullet Saint Starting Off

Best of luck to you guys, as well as the resubmission to AU.

[​IMG]

That was Sanya! ^_^

10. nobbys nutts

Thanks Stonedstoner.

11. Is it worth sending the altered Australian version to certification while it is awaiting a re-classification? Best case scenario would be that version sitting ready to go, just awaiting the big green tick from ACB :)

12. nobbys nutts

It looks like our friends across the ditch are getting SOD next week.:)
    Most of us in oz will proberly be joining you.

13. Been playing it since release so it's banning has no effect on me. Turned my account into an American one the moment this was released :)

14. nobbys nutts

What if you want to play a on line game do u change back or what.

15. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Damn I hope so mate, and if it does, I'm sure we'll get a fair few "temporary" kiwis from over your way getting the un-edited NZ version... ;)

16. On...line? Oh! I don't touch console games online. I wouldn't be caught dead paying for things like Xbox live and such so I have no idea if changing it over would cause issues. I do know it takes 3 months before you're allowed to do it again so if you play often I'd suggest simply making a second gamertag that's American. Less hassle for me to just change my main one.

17. nobbys nutts

All you KIWIS across the ditch looks like next Tuesday or Wednesday proberly.
    SO load your guns sharpen your knives and polish you bats, YEAH,YEAH.:cool:

18. EreWeGo

EreWeGo Got Your Back

Oh don't worry, we will be! :D
    If you Aussies ever need more signatures for a petition to your Government regarding your crazy certification laws, I'm sure any Kiwi gamers will be happy to sign!

19. nobbys nutts

:D:D
    Thanks dude, but it won't make a difference to the ACB because they are set in their ways, i mean they will ignore it anyway.
    They are a bunch of crussty old dicks.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  20. ./sigh At least you are not the first to run afoul with the "drugs" subject in games and most likely not the last. I respect the choice of banning RL drug name/usage but at the same time it saddens me that they think so little of the gamers themselves.