Update on multiplayer

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Jeff, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I honestly don't understand why anyone would be against the idea of co-op other than being just well honestly selfish. I mean IF they added co-op as a option then it is no way effects those that only want to play single player, while it would let those that want to do co-op that option.

I am personally in favor of more options for everyone even ones I personally won't use. I say this because the more popular the game is the better it does and the more likely we see more content that all of us will enjoy.

Joe Grism likes this.
  2. Blackoutlantern

Blackoutlantern Got Your Back

I don't think it's being selfish from those who don't want it. I think it's just more a lack of interest in wanting to go any further with the likes of multi player modes.

There is the flip side that (As UL stated) if they had done a multi player mode for lifeline, they'd have had to redo the entire game to accommodate for it and that would have taken them forever to sort out, so in that respect; I suppose you could call it a little selfish.

But we all wanted the content they proposed and that's selfish/impatient on our part for not wanting to wait longer than we knew we had to for a release. So shame on us :p

3. Hopefully multiplayer comes out because i conveinced three of my freinds to buy the game and they only bought it think that multiplayer would come out but they played the game and enjoyed it

4. Yeah but they are saying don't add this cause I don't want to use it. How is that not selfish? I mean if it is added as a option in what way does it effect them if others choose to use the option. By saying don't add this cause I don't want it, just limits what others can do.

Now if people said, sure make multiplayer but I would rather UL focus on other things first, then that is fine. But just saying no I don't want it, so don't do it. Well...

Blackoutlantern likes this.
  5. Blackoutlantern

Yeah fair enough, haven't seen any comments like that if I'm honest; but if that's the way they're putting themselves across with it then I have to agree with that just being selfish.

6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

There have been to many games that place too much emphasis on multiplayer, which has ultimately lessened/shortened/etc. the single player experience. That's just logistics. Every drop of manpower put towards multiplayer, is a drop that could've been put towards making the (already existing) single player game better. Those were usually triple-A developers too. When you considering how buggy SoD is still, and the size of the development team— multiplayer will exponentially increase the bugginess.

So then it would effect those who just want to play single-player. I don't consider it selfish as a consumer, to want a game to get better, before it gets worse.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  7. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

I am still seeing some posts asking about multiplayer so I'm guessing people aren't reading the first post. :rolleyes:
    There is no multiplayer. No matter how much you ask, it isn't planned as an addition to State of Decay. Wait for their next game, codenamed Class 4.
    The gave this a rough estimate of 9 months.If you wanted multiplayer, it would have been done roughly four months ago... but you would not have gotten most of the title updates, or been able to play Breakdown or Lifeline. By now, the game would be reduced to only a percentage of the people there currently are.
    There would be no PC version of State of Decay. (Yet, at least) That PC subforum? Non-existent. All those great people on the forum, that only joined because they picked up the Steam version on sale? Would not have met them. And there are a lot of them. Even some Xbox players may have given up. I still remember the haunting days leading up to TU2, and (although I seriously doubt UL would have ignored this, they could have pulled a EA) waited months to fix the bugs in the game. This would have made the game lose a lot of membership. Undead Labs made the right choice by giving us more content instead of multiplayer.
    /rant
    [​IMG]
    Surprised this thread is still even open o_O

8. Blackoutlantern

Yeah most of us are talking about Class 4... So in response to that arrogant gif below that pointless rant (Cause you're not the only one that's done it sweetheart ;) )

[Edited by Nicole: Thou shalt not use Mr. Rogers as an insult.]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
    Joe Grism likes this.
  9. Multiplayer is a two way street.
    The first way, is what you can accomplish on SoD.
    The other way is well... DayZ.

10. gish

gish Got Your Back

This is starting to drive me crazy!!!!

11. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I'm politely requesting that the civility increases in this thread. :)

Bob Crees and Blackoutlantern like this.
  12. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I'm politely requesting a padlock. This thread is old news and the title is misleading to new members. Someone (admin preferably) could start a new thread about Class4 multiplayer/co-op ideas.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  13. Blackoutlantern

Probably for the best.

And if Mr Rogers is flipping someone off, who am I to not make light of this knowledge? :p

But yeah; sorry for the snap back, just didn't appreciate the arrogance that particular post carried with it.

14. Joe Grism

Joe Grism Got Your Back

There are definitely a few people on here that have been specifically against it.

15. Joe Grism

Joe Grism Got Your Back

I assure you I didn't buy it during a steam sale.

16. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

Well, there are a lot of Steam players in general, regardless of whether or not you bought it on sale. Just saying that a lot more people would have thought "ooh $5 game with nice reviews. I must buy!"

17. Joe Grism

Joe Grism Got Your Back

I am sure those people are not the ones using the forums, but their are many of us I am sure that do care about the game.

18. Nengtaka

Nengtaka Here To Help

There is a whole PC subforum and mod subforum :p

19. Joe Grism

Joe Grism Got Your Back

Reread your other post, I thought you were hating on pc at first then I realized you were just defending people who think SoD Multiplayer is bad.

Nengtaka likes this.
  20. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

The best way to stop this thread, is for anyone trying to post a reply here, to be automatically sent to a page that states "There Will Be NO Multiplayer".

AirwolfUSAF likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.