Velocity Gamer Podcast

Discussion in 'FAQs, Interviews, Articles, and Links' started by Undead Sanya, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

All right, this one is a little crazy. We (me and a great bunch of guys) were all more than a little punchy before it finally got going, between the technical problems and the disconnects and what not. Also, in order to do podcasts, you're supposed to be in a quiet room. Everyone except one guy was in a small space that was over a hundred degrees. About ten minutes, maybe 15ish, it descends into chaos because we all lost Skype connection. I'm gonna make fun of the host dude for not just cutting that whole five minute section out :)

I do not think there's anything in there you all haven't heard, but if you want to listen to my brain melt, it's here on tape.

http://www.velocitygamer.com/velocity-gamer-podcast-episode-10-yawning-chasm-of-chaos/

2. Wow that guy that just kept humming for like 5 minutes from about 10 minutes in was pissing me off baaaadddlly lol, I couldn't listen to it past about 13 minutes but since you say there's not much else that we don't already know I guess It doesn't really matter . I really need to say that your laugh is crazy and soooo infectious (no pun :rolleyes: ) everytime you laughed i found my self in stitches even though I didn't have a clue what was going on :D

Back on to this though well, not this podcast but interviews in general why not get some interviews with some big gaming websites like IGN, Gamespot and G4TV because no offence to you or the guys who websites they are that you've done them on so far but there not exactly bringing in thousands of fans , If anything you're driving traffic to their websites lol :p .
    I bet any big gaming website would jump at the chance to get a Interview with you and they'd bring thousands If not 10s of Thousand's just from doing one with any big game site ... I want you guys to get all the fans you deserve and zombie games and IGN especially seem to mix really well there was a new zombie game announced like 2-3 days ago and there was like 1000 comments on the article the next day :D

I'm pretty sure i saw you talking to that Mitch dude from IGN on twitter or FB some time ago, I think he might even of been asking you for a Interview but i could be wrong ?

3. Wow that was really bad and annoying. The people in the background who keep just making random noises really started to get annoying. I understand when internet doesnt work right or skype is messed up but the people who where giving the interview sucked alot. Go to MMORPG.com and IGN get some big name interviews.

Honestly this interview was useless and wont help anyone. People who already know the game know everything in this podcast and anyone new to the game will just get annoyed with the interview and not even listen.

4. Undead Sanya

Actually, I'll do an interview with anyone that asks. A link from a "small" site is just as permanent as a link from a "big" site - and small sites tend to grow.

IGN has introduced themselves, but they haven't sent questions yet. Some of the other big ones tend to be more user-driven than you think, so if there's a site you love, you might consider asking them to cover the game.

I suspect that after PAX, you'll see a lot more coverage because we'll have had something to show. :)

5. Seth

Seth Starting Off

has gamefaqs/gamespot done a interview yet? if not how can i ask them to interview you and get more ppl looking at the game? i have been with gamefaqs. since 2010 and am a veteran forum member if that changes anything.

6. Best start spamming some email addresses then :p

Yeah definitely after PAX and some big juicy footage to go with it the game will explode :D :D

7. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Sanya, is it all right if I throw up an IAMA request on reddit? An interview with reddit might get some nice exposure for class 3/4.

Ps my iPad corrected your name to "Santa" lol

8. Undead Sanya

Laugh :) That's me, I come bearing gifts.

What would I have to do for that?

9. Hey im new to the forums im watching this pod cast now and im finding it really had to finish becasue no one knows whats going on

10. An IAMA is pretty much an interview, You'll post something along the lines of IAMA developer for Undead Labs working on Class 3. Then the users ask you questions in the comment section and you answer them :)

11. Go listen to the other podcast, it is much better. Hope we get more interviews from the last podcast guy.

12. im confused here, how many interviews are there with sanya? ive only saw one, actually i heard because the first one i saw was only with audio, and it was with a guy tha might be the guy william4 mentioned.. so please, can anyone answer this?

13. The other pod cast is called Xbox 360 Solocast Interview. It is in Faq and Links just the same as this one is. Here is the link.

http://undeadlabs.com/forums/showthread.php?443-Xbox-360-Solocast-Interview

14. Undead Sanya

William got you covered, but in general - each "outside" interview or article we do will have its own thread here in this section.

15. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

"I come bearing gifts." Oh yes you do, Every update is Christmas morning lol :D

As for reddit, everything that JuanSolo said, and a couple other things. You'll have to make an account (it literally takes 10 seconds, choose a username, choose a password, and fill out one of those captcha things and you're in), and then you can throw up an IAMA anytime. Reddit's a huge place, tons of users, very tech-savvy crowd, many of whom are very much into video games, so if done right I think it could go very well for you guys. I'll link the IAMA page here, and you can read the side-bar (right side of the page) where all the rules and etiquette and such are explained. To submit an IAMA, go here and, like JuanSolo said, title it something like "I am a developer at Undead Labs, and we're creating two games that will completely redefine the zombie genre. AMAA" (AMAA stands for "Ask Me Almost Anything" and AMA stands for "Ask Me Anything") and then in the description section explain who you are, tell a little about the company, and talk about the vision you guys have for Class 3 and 4, and then interested people will ask you questions in the comments section.

Since you guys would be considered important enough, you can probably schedule an IAMA and it will appear on the calender in the sidebar, where everyone in the IAMA section can see it. There are other game developers on the calender, and authors, and actors and people like that, so you guys should be able to get yours to appear there as well. Unfortunately I'm not really sure how you do this, but you can message the moderators and they can probably help you out with that. Just tell them who you are and who you are representing and ask how you can schedule your IAMA so it can be put on the calender or something like that. Also, be sure to tell us here on the forums when you're going to do it so we can be there to generate some interest for you guys :D

Good luck! I'd love to see you guys there :cool:

16. Undead Sanya

Hrm. I think I'd better do something like that closer to release. Not AT release, but at least after we've announced a name and released in-game footage, no?

17. Looking forward to it! Getting pumped for this game, so I will celebrate Christmas when the next big update is here~

18. TheMuse

TheMuse Here To Help

Works for me! I'll be looking forward to it :)

19. I have a question that I don't believe has been asked yet! Will you eventually run out of food resources? How scarce will food be in the game at start and as the game progresses?

20. Another question! Is the main protagonist(s) a member of Trumbull Valley? As in, do 1 or more of them live in the town? Do they have a home to go back to after the fishing trip?