Welcome to Black Friday

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Apr 24, 2014.

1. .:Nighthawk:.

.:Nighthawk:. Starting Off

This DLC needs to come out, I'm dying for the DLC and update.

2. kassle

kassle Got Your Back

Not sure why people are getting their panties in a bunch about Maya appearing in both games.

A) ...it's a game...i.e. - meant to be fun.

B) I don't remember the continuity offhand...but I do know that we never SAW any of the people Maya claimed to be with. How do we even know that the story she told at the beginning of SOD is accurate? We ran into her shooting a gun. If Lifeline is the prequel, she could have escaped the base and headed into the mountains. If it's after, she ended up in Danforth after escaping SOD Vanilla.

Just seems like a lot of squawking for no good reason. Have fun. Rejoice! We have a new SOD game soon!

TenaciousMarine likes this.
  3. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

I didn't think it would be a big deal either. There are some games where the story IS the game but SoD has other elements as well and the story is just one more component.

I like continuity too and would like to continue on with the cast from the original recipe. It would work for me since they are all still alive but there may be some continuity breaks for others who have killed off or lost many survivors.

Maybe it would work if only certain characters can "volunteer" to check out what's beyond the wall. Lily can tell us about the first mission just inside the wall area and only Marcus, Maya, Ed, etc can volunteer to go. If you don't have any of these main survivors then shark hoodie joins your group and is unfortunately your only volunteer. That way UL has a known cast of characters to work with rather that 30+ that may all be dead anyways.

4. Danielus

Danielus Got Your Back

Well i just picked this game up before 2 weeks+ and i already knew that i want to play Breakdown especially after reading some reviews in the Internet about the Game.
    I Directly knew that the Sandbox feel of BD is what i want. just gave the Campaign maybe an Hour of Playtime so far... possibly i will revisit Vanilla again before Lifeline releases, but actually im not very motivated to play in Non-Breakdown Mode^^

But Lifeline will definately be a good thing, even though its not Sandbox Heavy like Breakdown. But as the Devs mentioned it will be harder and we can fail!
    Also those idea of Large Scale Zombie attacks is very cool, and now our Survivors (Or atleast the Soldiers) Will properly Defend the Base, and not just run around like headless Chicken and watch from inside the Building how i end as Bacon Breakfast for the Zombies (-.-*)

Actually the Aspect about being part of a Community to Survive works kinda well in the Game, but there could be more focus on this Imo.
    There should be more Impact about which CPU-Controlled Characters in your Base and how they Defend etc.

5. giuseppe

giuseppe Starting Off

il gioco davvero fantastico, basta avere i miei soldi

Angelique likes this.
  6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

7. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

I like that there is gameplay for everyone. Although the combat portion is nice, I much prefer having a story as the main attraction and zeds as part of the scenery.

Combat just for the sake of combat and increased difficulty just to make things more difficult seems like a waste when UL has demonstrated they can put together a pretty good story.

I've not played breakdown but I do wonder if being in a siege mission over and over again that gets harder every time until finally you are killed is as rewarding as being in one siege mission where surviving means bringing help to your dying friend.

I'm just glad UL has returned to a story, even if it's with a new cast, in their next dlc. I would enter the danger zone, at night too, and take on a hundred zeds if it meant I would be saving a friend or finding a cure but never just for the difficulty or chance to get killed.

DayZ likes this.
  8. DayZ

DayZ Got Your Back

Yes, some opportunity for desperate heroics beyond the call of duty.

9. .:Nighthawk:.

I feel as if Maya shouldn't be a problem if and only if she is considered and treated as a Easter Egg, nothing more, nothing less. She couldn't be a part of the lifeline story since in the beginning of SOD, she's near the forest, which is halfway across from the lifeline area which would mean that she would have to had made her way all the way through Trumbell to get there, seeing the epidemic unfold there. So when Ed and Marcus rescue her, then she would most likely say no to going back there to the church and would have knowledge on the zombies, instead of the confused lines she says when you save her.

10. It would be great if an option to enable/disable the entire HUD was added to the game with Lifeline, for people who like to take screenshots of the game (like me) :)

11. TenaciousMarine

TenaciousMarine Got Your Back

It takes a bold man to handle all that thick chocolatey goodness!

Danielus likes this.
  12. Danielus

Danielus Got Your Back

More Two...

13. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

UL plans to introduce Maya to the Lifeline game not at the beginning but towards the end. That is after Sgt. Tan has blown open the wall in the final mission of the original recipe story. Then Maya will make her way to Black Friday. So, end of story not beginning.

14. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

^ Except, of course, if you manage to get her killed at the beginning of story mode, and then it's just . . . weird. ;)

mystyk likes this.
  15. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Hehe. I feel bad for those who couldn't/wouldn't keep her alive. Then again, nothing wrong with a little plot twist to keep things interesting. Haha.

16. I want this to come out so much, rawrg.

17. .:Nighthawk:.

What if we kept her alive until in the end she got torn in half by a feral 0_o

18. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

^ In that case, Greyhound One, meet Zombie Maya. Zombie Maya, eat Greyhound One . . .

19. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator

Maya is just an easter egg. Actually making her part of the story isn't possible without wrecking every kind of story integrity. We tried to justify it, because hello awesome cameo, but couldn't in the long run.

I'm no purist, mind you. At the end of the day, the cool thing about fiction is _you can do whatever you want if you think you need to_. This just isn't a case of "need" for us as storytellers at this time.

Axios, Vers and e5futter like this.
  20. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

So nice to witness uncommon sense prevailing...

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 6, 2014