Well, Shoot. (Brant's Gun Show.)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator Staff Member

Blackoutlantern likes this.
  2. I like lots of guns. I like being spoilt for choice.
    I like Brant alot now :D

3. Arc79

Arc79 Got Your Back

Oh c'mon Sanya! I'm trying to do my art course work and this, this is just.... distracting! Haha, thank you very much to you and Brant, this looks amazing and a nice pick me up of info is always appreciated. I see Glocks, the M14, a SCAR, the AA-12, good ol' Tommy gun and a nice collection of shotties....now I better get back to my art work before I just get distracted for the whole night! Again, thank you Sanya and Brant, the MORE COMING SOON has only excited the redneck within me more.... If I can continue this work now it'll be a miracle...

4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so many hot guns.

5. Oh My God... This almost seems like too many guns, especially for the map choice. Are all of these guns going to be spawned on the same map in the same playthrough? Because I was thinking that guns, ammo, and maybe some other stuff could be random-spawn so you can start over without just remembering where your favorite gun is. Think it would give some more replay value and keep the guns from overflowing. Still though, this is amazing.

6. Bturn

Bturn Starting Off

Brant told me last week about most likely adding the Mosin Nagant to the game and I'm really excited to see what's "coming soon". I think this list of guns is fantastic but I'm also greedy so more the better.

7. Once again my expectations have been crushed and utterly demolished. Then the pieces were taken and sculpted to form something I couldn't even attempt to understand. UL has gone above and beyond from what I believed would consist of SoD's weaponry. Fantastic job Brant and any other Dev that assisted with this. :)

8. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

Hey everyone! Arc79 get to work!

We have a lot of variety but they won't be around every corner. These are the existing guns in our depot, They will not always be available in every place you expect to find guns, some are rarities, some just plain crazy. This list will continue to evolve as we further refine gameplay, some may drop off, more will appear. Everyone here is working their butts off to make this fun and exciting. Glad you guys are happy about the list.

Brant

9. Ofcourse we are! *tears a bit, manly tears ofcourse* <3

10. First of all, you guys are amazing. The fact that you even care what we have to say is phenomenal. That one comment to Arc79 almost made me poop my pants because I realized how much it seems like you guys really pay attention.
    Now, back to the point of this thread, are the guns going to spawn the same ones at the same place or will they chang eup for every playthrough?

11. Don't get me wrong, the aesthetic variety is fantastic. The number of different weapons presented is far beyond what I even hoped for this game.
    But. I want to know if they will all have functional differences? I'f I'm firing a 1100 Tactical would I notice it acting any different then if I was using a M1014? Or are all of these different types just skins?

12. Undead Sanya

Undead Sanya Administrator Staff Member

Guns will never spawn in a refrigerator or a toy box. But if you find a shotgun in a gun cabinet in the second cottage on the town's main street, you don't need to bother writing it down or telling your friends - what actually spawns in that cabinet is random. Also, once you loot it, it's looted. It is not going to respawn - that cabinet is now empty until you replay from start.

We're doing our best to make them feel different, but I have a feeling it will take a gun expert to notice some of the differences ;) From Brant:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  13. I get what you mean about the differances, it'd be hard to have them all feel differant with the amount that Brant and co. have been putting in.

14. Will you be able to add scopes on the rifles?
    Mind blown at all the guns you are able to have in the game, and I can't wait to scour the map for:An AA-12, mark 3 target, mini 14 (with a scope hopefully), and an AR-15 to complete my togo kit. :D

15. foxhound400

foxhound400 Starting Off

Brant, you rock, lots of great weapons, shame not to see a styer AUG but I wont complain, mp5k I want it =)

16. I hate and love UL for two reasons right now. 1. I love you guys for so many f###in guns I'm actually thinking if you let Brant off his leash this game will have more guns than Call of Duty. 2. I hate you guys for not showing this sooning (Tear runs down my zombie blood stained cheek) God dangit Brant you're variety is gonna impress meh friend and his family is ALL GUNS I mean really every 3 weeks he goes down to kentucky to shoot something with some gun. Sad thing about all this is though I've never shot a gun XC

17. I think you mean logo kit right?

18. To go bag.

19. mpuone

mpuone Starting Off

Definitely satisfied, and happy. AA12.. yes! Plus seeing the SAW is a nice bonus.

20. I love the selection! So much! Is there (or is there going to be...) a 5-7 pistol model? It's my favorite. Just wondering.