Well, Shoot. (Brant's Gun Show.)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Raziel Kal'Therec

Raziel Kal'Therec Starting Off

I'm curious Brant, are there any guns you're working on/modelling at present that you'd like to share with us gun-nuts incorporated?

and is there any other disclosures on what we could possibly expect in Breakdown and later DLC content in terms of weapons beyond what you've mentioned
    (at least to me)
    1897 trench shotgun
    1887 lever shotgun
    AA-12 drum mag shotgun

any other's causing a stir in the undead pot?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Raziel Kal'Therec

anyways... guns... lots of guns.

anything stirring the pot or you guys focusing on getting Breakdown and patches through Cert. so less progress on the firearms?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2013
  3. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

all three are done, two of them will be in Breakdown, the third will have to wait for DLC 2.

4. SgtMBeck

SgtMBeck Got Your Back

A DLC2?! How Official is that Brant?!

;)

5. Raziel Kal'Therec

from the sounds of it, it looks like the devs and team in general are hopeful for the game being expanded on/built upon in numerous DLC's given their success I wouldn't be surprised if their hopes are justified, and I'm right there with them.

Breakdown their first DLC is in Cert apparently and should be available soon. and personally, I'm really looking forward to it on a huge number of fronts, new guns being one of them. (can't wait to get my hands on that drum mag'd AA-12 ... mmhmmm... awesome gun)

how 'bout anyone else? favourite guns in game? or out of it?

Sgt. Beck?

6. SgtMBeck

SgtMBeck Got Your Back

In game - M14 (and its SOCOM/EBR variant), the UMP 40 and the Thompson. I have a lotta love for all of the M1911 variants as well, other than the Commander version ("Carrier" in game), and only because it seems to be the only one I find most of the time :p .

Out of Game - I'd love to see my Ruger SR22 in game, even if it would be pretty statistically similar to the Mk3, it looks SO much better ;) . I am super excited about the FN Fal making its way into the game, but would love to see some of the G3 series of Battle Rifles make their way in at some point as well (Mmmmm....Battle Rifles). I alsothink it would be neat to see some WW2 era German weaponry make its way in game - quite a bit made its way back to the US as War trophies - the Legal Machinegun market still has quite a few MG41/42s and MP40 floating about, and Luger 08's are about as collectible as it gets, firearms-wise.

7. Raziel Kal'Therec

gotta say I do like the SOCOM/EBR variant. the 1911 Tactical has been a favourite of mine as well so I'm definitely sensing another 1911 fan. the Ruger SR22 looks like a pretty damn solid weapon so I'd have to hand it to you on that one.

Hadn't heard about the FN FAL but I sure like the heavier standard calibre aspect of such a weapon.

I'm not exactly an aficionado of WW2 weaponry but as soon as you mentioned the buzzsaw? that tickled me just a little.
    I do like an MG41/42 though that's getting into some pretty heavy weaponry, lots of ammo usage and its only a step up from that I find my old favorites like the M2/Ma Deuce and the Dragon M-50
    something in 50 calibre that can spit out a lot of them quick.

Wish we could have something like that on the home-guard towers at full upgrade but clicking the use tab, chews through the home ammo cache. high reward, high cost. kind like an overpowered 'snipe' for those too many horde situations in the more difficult sandbox mode.

unfortunately a lot of my favourite pieces are tricked out versions of standard weapons, most of them already in-game, which is why I'm hoping on the modding community to kick off at some point. either that or really hoping the unique/signature weapons to be got with 'hero characters' in sandbox/breakdown are really unique and customised.

pistols with compensators (even though that more or less makes suppressors not an option), rifles with underslung attachments, (perhaps possible if the 'change shoulder/zoom in' function is switched out to a secondary fire button)
    been a fan of masterkey attachments as a combat option rather than just a door-breach option, and can you imagine a 'say hello to my little friend' version m16-m203? weapons like that would make my day.

without going ridiculous (EI: GIVE ME MY MINIGUN!!!) I just find weapons of a rifle size with more than one barrel just downright intimidating and glorious to behold. from the multi barrelled shotguns (where is my side by side with some scrollwork to feel nostalgic about?!) to AR's with underslung options, so you're only taking up one slot for a weapon and two slots in ammo rather than four.

Beyond that? I know that the p90 is in game, but the main appeal of that weapon to me (a honking 50 rounds per mag) being nerfed makes me ache for a short barrelled weapon (Good for tight spaces/handling) with a lot of bullets just ready to shoot.

like a cut down shortened m16/4 with a 7 and half inch barrel, sliding/customizable stock (obviously static for the model) and a 100 rounds drum-mag. short range, not incredibly accurate but something that small to cover your ass in tight spaces when you're not a shotgun user or want something that'll last a bit longer before needing to reload and doesn't weigh the ton that typical squad support weapons tend to be.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  8. want this weapon :cool:

[​IMG]

LiNanMian1984 likes this.
  9. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Well, they've already said they wouldn't be adding any more calibers to the game (so the 5.7 is out), but— how about a P90 in .22LR with a 50-rd mag?

10. Harmor

Harmor Starting Off

Drool ... need I say more? :p

11. BrainBreaker

BrainBreaker Starting Off

I believe .22LR will act as 5.7 as there is Five-seven on its way for Breakdown DLC.

12. DrakeGmbH

DrakeGmbH Starting Off

It had a brief on-screen cameo in a Twitch stream some weeks ago but I can't recall if it was a 9mm conversion (like the P90/PS90 and MP7) or if it was a .22. That would really cement the jokes about the 5.7mm being a glorified .22 Win-Mag!

13. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Will it have the same capacity (20) as the FN57?

14. BrainBreaker

I believe so,yeah 20 round standard magazine.

15. Raziel Kal'Therec

Erm... sorry... I think I just gushed...

Just saw a few bits of the Breakdown gameplay through twitch feed or somesuch, and I feel like christmas has just come early.

looks like we're seeing UTS 15 shotgun (Similar to KSG shotgun)for another of the Double-feed shotgun (Think its bull-pup, but its not as clear as the KSG) entries into gameplay behind the notable high capacity Bull-pup KSG, (also bull-pup rifles of varying calibers)

now I have to say, I love the look of that gun even though a few reviewers have come back with some finicky issues that need to be ironed out with it (such as the 2x7 shell tube magazine selector switch breaking - unable to change tube feed whilst loaded leading to the aforementioned breakage) reminds me of the early stages of the KSG needing refinement.

that is one rugged- futuristic looking shotgun along the same veins as the p90s and kriss vectors and personally prefer its bulk/heft to the KSG for aesthetic reasons, but in tight quarters, that KSG's going to be tough competition.

Also up are talks of the unique and particularly 'elite' weapons to acquire in sandbox mode and hopefully translate to the story mode of State of Decay as well (though I accept if unique weapons stay sandbox'd) which I gotta say, look AWESOME, little bits of detail all over the weapons from scrawled messages specific to characters to special camo jobs and configurations, (folded stocks, specific scopes, muzzle breaks etc.)

Also it looks like Brants done what sure looks like a great job on filling up ammo using categories, getting a greater balance not just with the firearms using the variety of ammunition types, but also leveling the playing field a bit more when it comes to melee weapons which also have a unique lineup as well, particularly showing more in the blade department which I'm really looking forward to as the blunts and heavies kinda blew them out of the water there.

seeing the drum mag carrying AA-12 'Bonesaw' in the flesh was definitely a treat, all camo'd up with a muzzle attachment/break/choke and the full 20 rounds of ammo, full auto or no, it'll be one hell of a treat for those who can find it/the hero character its attached to, and happen to love the Auto-Assault series shotguns like I do.

mhmmm .... just.... sexy....

among the lineup are 2 new double barreled shotguns, a long and sawn off version I've no doubt people are going to like taking to town for a classic experience.

and not to mention a fair few pistols and revolver variants with emphasis on using the quiet category of the 357. rounds and other less used calibers which should please some zombie apoc survivors.

overall looks like fantastic progress and I for one gun-nut can now barely wait for breakdown and the 4th title update due sometime before the closing of this month.

Hats off to Brant for churning out the huge variety of firearms and other weapons, and now, like spoiling children at Christmas, he's got a few bags more, chock full of tools of high velocity metal throwing and funky sharp and solid objects to break heads.

Brant... you sir, are awesome.

thank you very much.

Happy Cranium Cracking All

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  16. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words! I'm just happy that the firearms in the game have been such a popular thing to talk about, it allows me to stay in touch with all of you who are interested and lets me be flexible in what I do next for the game. I often start the day thinking I'll be doing one model and after visiting the forums, get inspired to do something completely different! I'm very lucky to have the flexibility to do so and the trust of my team that I'll be doing things that benefit the game. If it weren't for the quality of this community and your willingness to constructively voice your opinions and add suggestions, the game would not have half the guns and weapons it has.

Thanks for being here everyone,

Cheers

Brant

17. Rusty

Rusty Got Your Back

Thank you too Brant. :)

[​IMG]

18. Raziel Kal'Therec

Hey Brant, asked on the general discussion thread but I thought I'd double up here too for spread of news for people who want to know.

Are any of the breakdown guns that you've done an excellent job on and make me salivate going to be available for finding in the vanilla game? or are these shiny new toys going to be only accessible whilst playing the breakdown mode?

though I know which answer I'd prefer, I'd like to know what the case is.

still, your work in particular is one of the reasons I'm itching to get my hands on the DLC. so thanks again.

19. What about the possibility of crafted firearms? like these zombie-bat-small.jpg 002_chechen_186.jpg home-built-shotgun.jpg Self_made_weapon_04.jpg

20. BrainBreaker

I would imagine it being major pain,to add crafting system from ground up.