Well, Shoot. (Brant's Gun Show.)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Oct 3, 2012.

1. how about just finding them?

2. how about just adding them to the list like the flame fougasse?

3. Bub's_Of_Monroeville

Bub's_Of_Monroeville Got Your Back

The problem with a crafting system to me is that State of Decay is a more immediate game in the zombie cannon. The outbreak is spreading quickly in a more rural area, where there are gradually less people that know how to deal with such a situation (usually). Of course, there is Ray the car guy in McManville (its been a while since Ive played?), so some are able to deal better than others. Some limited crafting could be done by the citizens upon impact of the outbreak, but it seems to me these would be just like laser sights and loosened springs (im not a gun guy lol).

4. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

There's no need to build your own gun in 'Murica. There's guns everywhere.

5. Undead Brant

Undead Brant Developer Staff Member

We've got some cool ideas for upcoming DLC that could include pre-crafted weapons, we simply don't have a system for player crafting at this time and probably won't until we start a new game from the ground up. I like the idea too and they would become more prevalent the farther into the zompocalypse we project the timeline.

6. ok, I accept that, but can we at leat have the bat-axe? lol

7. Raziel Kal'Therec

Raziel Kal'Therec Starting Off

anybody who's seen the twitch feeds for the up and coming DLC/been hanging around this forum long enough to know a little about the mountain of guns Brant's gifting us with sooner or later have a favorite they'd like to share or are particularly looking forward to?

Mines the AA-12 drum mag, 'Bonesaw' hands down, yeah it doesn't shoot frag-12 rounds but I'm not so picky :D

8. Akinaba

Akinaba Got Your Back

Four words: The "Saiga-12" automatic shotgun

[video=youtube;_biiE4USjFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_biiE4USjFQ[/video]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  9. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Already in the game. It's known as the "Russian 12K"

10. redkorssquad

redkorssquad Got Your Back

I'd probably start crafting up zombie proof armor at the get go. But that is just me. and I get how most people would try and hang onto what is civilized and pre outbreak.
    Best weapon ever. Please tell me we can change between auto and semi.

11. Raziel Kal'Therec

unfortunately Brant was saying that its not a full auto capable one, but considering it more or less fires as fast as you can pull the trigger, I'm happy with that.
    may also have something to do with the fact that its a shotgun classed weapon and that class unlike SMG/Rifles/support machineguns wasn't constructed or balanced with a full auto capable shotgun in mind, so they got balance to considering on one end, and actual existing weapon structure setup as he was also talking about auto pistols being an issue if I remember he was talking about weapons classes not designed to be capable of auto-fire.

so yeah... but damn man
    AA-12 with an 8 round mag suits me down to the ground
    one that totes a 20 round capacity drum? I'm lucky if I'm not salivating at the damn thing

I just trust modders to stuff with these things enough that we get those awesome yet thoroughly impractical weapons
    (cough - like a frag 12 spitting AA-12 - cough)
    and also full auto... but it may mean making essentially an assault rifle version of the AA-12... probably startlingly possible. considering anyone who's played through Spec Ops the Line can probably know a little of what to expect with such a weapon. those frag 12s make the thing pretty accurate from what I hear.

12. CaptainAssassin

I've yet to find that one... and the Super-Z.

13. Raziel Kal'Therec

I found myself one of those but it was only by the slim chance and only after the bridge blockades went down providing fairground access... I think I got lucky with the military cache outside the warehouse armory... that and the light machine-gun m4 variant with a beta mag... never seen something so ammo wasting in my life
    (scoffs pretentiously)

(cough)

It was fun though ....

14. LiNanMian1984

LiNanMian1984 Here To Help

Months spent playing and there are still so many guns that I have never found during my play throughs.

A-12... Drum roll or standard mag?

Mini Uzi... something to use all the .22 that I ended up dumping in other enclave lockers.

15. Raziel Kal'Therec

know what you mean, the present AA-12 in game only has standard mag at 8 rounds a mag.
    breakdown's bringing along an elite drum mag version used by a special character, a swat instructor or some-such

16. CaptainAssassin

Whaaat? The 597 Varmint, 10/22, and MkIII Target pistols are great for stealthy characters, even late in the game.

17. Freedoms_glory

Freedoms_glory Starting Off

Left trigger and press 'A'

18. xR0ckNR0llx

xR0ckNR0llx Starting Off

if brant or anyone gets to see this i hope you guys agree with me. i only want a coup of things in the way of weapons... musical instruments but mainly guitars such as the iconic les paul or an sg or go into an acoustic guitars with all the different body sizes... and they have the ability to play the SoD theme tune so as to lure zeds out of there hidey hole just like shouting at them would do the same trick... the electric guitars would be quieter but more durable and the acoustic guitars would be louder and less durable and if you have a guitar on your person at the time it could possibly be on your back by means of a strap around your characters body...