What happens when you get a lot of survivors?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noah, Oct 28, 2017.

1. noah

noah Got Your Back

I'm curious if you guys have ever checked or noticed anything? I've gotten i think 40ish survivors in my save, they've ran out of places to stand in snyder's (i guess) so they've started standing in the lot of the warehouse across the street.

2. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

At some point (I'm not sure how many survivors), it can mess with your saves. With 40 survivors, you're more likely to have more morale issues, more issues with supplies (keeping enough base supplies for everyone), and likely have sleep deprivation issues from not having enough beds.

I've seen times when survivors stood at the warehouse across the street, but I'm not sure if that's connected with how many survivors you have. I've seen that when I just had 10 survivors, so I'm not sure why it does that.

Fabian907, Vers, SonnyJim and 2 others like this.
  3. noah

noah Got Your Back

I've never had to worry about supplies. I think my ammo consumption was like....12-15 a day, so that's all i had to find. Food was -13 or something, and i had 150 units, so that wasnt a worry either. And i like to try and see how many i can get, and if i were to put a bed in every slot, in the biggest base, i'd get a max of 48 (?) i think. So i don't worry about that much either. And morale is never an issue for me either :p

SonnyJim, Doomen Gloom and Bob Crees like this.
  4. MrsFish

MrsFish Here To Help

Yeah, the game kind of glitches a little when you have that many people. It's supposed to be that the number of people you have correlates with how much food and ammo you use per day (1 ammo and 1 food per day), but for some reason it starts acting weird when people have massive groups. If you have 40 people, it should be -40 ammo and -40 ammo a day, but again, it doesn't do that. I hope in SoD2 it does that and has catastrophic consequences for those who don't have enough supplies.

SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  5. noah

noah Got Your Back

Lily: "Ummm we have a problem... There's a brawl going on, we don't have enough food."

6. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

I play on PC and had about 74 people on level 4 BD and I believe ammo usage goes by the number of people armed with guns not the total pop ;)

Fabian907, mystyk, MrsFish and 2 others like this.
  7. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

74? Why do you keep so many people? Any particular reason?

8. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

I'm a people hoarder lol I guess it's just the way I am. I want to save everyone :D On the old BD when you could roof ride on the RV I loaded 54 people on it and took them with me to the next level ;)

Fabian907, mystyk, MrsFish and 3 others like this.
  9. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

You've a good heart sir :D

Perhaps when apocalypse really happen i can join your homebase :D

I always maintain 7 people, 7 people with a lot of morale issues and "overkill" notification :D

MrsFish, SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

You could join cause I plan on taking over the Catholic school by my house if a ZA breaks out ;) It's huge and mostly fenced in so I'll have tons of room....plus it's old so there is a good chance it has a old well and pump house :D

Takuro_Spirit, SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  11. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

Okay, now we just wait ZA to happen hha :D

Fabian907, SonnyJim and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I tend to have 15 people at my Home Base and try to fully train them all up. So when I do leave on the RV, I have left a good Home Base behind:)

MrsFish and SonnyJim like this.
  13. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Just from a system standpoint, try to keep your survivors under 30. You'll experience less glitchy / crashing. :)

Fabian907, Cejao, MrsFish and 2 others like this.
  14. mystyk

mystyk Famous

Damn, and here I thought I was winning at 54, back when I was making a certain mod, lol.
    I maybe had 1 or 2 run off to a distant outpost but never any real dramas.
    Been trying to get that high again but can only tolerate about 18 before the level starts to annoy me and I pack up and leave. It's no fun if I've already looted everything, don't like standing around :)

Bob Crees likes this.
  15. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

On the old BD I used your hero and skilled survivors stay home mod. I made it to 64 and the game crashed lol had way to many people hanging out at base.

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Vers

Vers Here To Help

I think 31 was my magic number.

Bob Crees likes this.
  17. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

So i try last night, 50 people, snyders..
    A lot of hunting, a lot of walk, a lot of suicide, it was really a dark time..

Then, move to the next level, now stay at the church, 7 people, total clusterf**k o_O

18. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

Staying at the Church was your first mistake. That place is cursed.

Bob Crees and NanaGamer55 like this.
  19. Jeffry. B

Jeffry. B Got Your Back

You're right, that place is cursed. The last time i stay there 5 ferals jump through the back wall, forest side. Man, that is something.

And then i taunt ONE time, after it my counselour leadership girl get fucked by a LOT of zed in the back of the church, go out with grenade, boom, my medic construction girl was nearby, she dead too.

It is just me or anybody else have a same experience??

Takuro_Spirit and Bob Crees like this.
  20. FreedomFighter

FreedomFighter Here To Help

It is not just you. I consider Alamo is less headache compare to Church.

Bob Crees likes this.