What is your favorite base in SoD?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by C.C Garcia, Mar 25, 2016.

?
  1. Snyder's Trucking Warehouse

2. The Fairgrounds

3. McReady Homestead

4. Kirkman Residence

5. Savini Residence

6. The Alamo

7. The Church of Ascension

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. C.C Garcia

C.C Garcia Here To Help

The title says it all. Pick your favorite base in State of Decay. Also mention why and give things like the location of good supplies or just for pure defense purposes.

Mine is the Savini residence because it is near several good resource points, like the gunstore and the mega industrial warehouse(The one near Snyder's trucking warehouse)

Geoff728 and Bob Crees like this.
  2. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

Yeah, there's no doubt absolutely tree fort. Build-in watchtower´╝îbedroom, kitchen, and library plus 3 blocks for use and 3 parking lots. I think the basic well quality of life already have. And the area is very safe.
    Church is good but that is the most dangerous area, consider the npc always like to challenge, that is a easy die area, at least get hurt or sick. Church has the full function watch tower, kitchen, room plus 3 blocks for free building. So if that not a such dangerous area, it will still a good place.

Primus and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I do like Snyders and always tend to end up there.

Lukebazz91 likes this.
  4. spacemousetw

spacemousetw Famous

Snyders not in my list because in that base people always go to the outpost in front of it and stand there doing nothing, or always faraway from home. And that why I do not like snyders.

Bob Crees likes this.
  5. CotJocky466

CotJocky466 Here To Help

I love Snyder's due to the space, but the "Wall Repairs" -15 Materials gets really old, really quick.

I like to have ammo manufacturing (requires the ammo shop and a library), a machine shop for car repair, a kitchen to make snacks, an infirmary/med lab and beds for at least 16 people. All the things I want can only be done at Snyder's or the fair grounds and the fair grounds is a maze, the farthest away from anything else on the map and there is no way to protect it on all 4 sides with outposts.

Niah Trujillo and Bob Crees like this.
  6. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

I like the McReady Farmhouse because it has the wood bear out front holding a "Welcome" sign.:D

It's only disadvantage is its remote location BUT with rucks in trucks one road trip supplies the base for some time.

7. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I have never used the Farm as a Base.

Geoff728 likes this.
  8. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

I've tried them all but now just go to farm house after the church. I usually have a group size of about 16 survivors and that's what the farm accommodates right away. Feels like a home too. Rather than an industrial setting like at Snyders.

9. Najdorf

Najdorf Here To Help

Alamo has everything you need for a quick stay. A ton of supplies, easily positioned outposts, potential for vehicles nearby, quests spawn fairly closeby. Just build some beds, a basic workshop and infirmary and you're all set.

Rock33B and Bob Crees like this.
  10. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes it's a good place to clear out Down town Marshall of loot.

Geoff728 likes this.
  11. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

You should. Just make the adjacent barn an outpost before you move in (it often gets selected for an enclave if you don't).

Rock33B and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Having an Enclave next door is good for dropping off unwanted stuff I guess.

13. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

I'd opt for the expanded safe zone the outpost provides... since it's the only building nearby.

mystyk and Cejao like this.
  14. SubApathy

SubApathy Starting Off

Warehouse = Space

Cejao likes this.
  15. Abhor Deities

Abhor Deities Got Your Back

Savini because it's like in the middle of the town and action is never too far away.

Geoff728 and Cejao like this.
  16. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

I like the Alamo cause its easy for me to fast travel breakdown levels.

17. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Honestly I'd have to say my house in real life, but thats not gonna happen...I frankly think compared to the House I was going to live in last year, and the house I'm living in now either of them alone is Geographically better suited to take on zombies...

And the house we decided to move to I think I could probably stand to drop a 100 Zeds without contest...The prospect of a Horde of Zed coming at my place is scary, but at the same time sounds like good Times...

By the way if anyones looking to move out of the City and wants an almost finished Off-Grid Monolithic Dome for around 300k let me know I can forward your contact information to my Agent. Comes with 120 Acres, Septic,Electrical, Plumbing, etc...but needs further work done. And yes that is the house in the photo. Like I said I wish this House was in SOD... Overall its worth about 500k in development at Cost..., but I'll sell for less. Also recommend putting in a separate Roadway on account Neighbor down the way missed his calling as a Raider in Borderlands...

I'm not going to lie I really want to sell this place...So yah that guy down the way is a real piece of work...Btw Undead Nicole if you feel like this is considered worthy of Deletion I'm not going to hold it against you just figured maybe someone could use a House dirt Cheap. So no hard Feelings if you need to...and fyi this house is in Eastern, WA

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Miss Mission and Bob Crees like this.
  18. andydabeast

andydabeast Got Your Back

Even though there is not much indoors I like the Savini base because it is between two towns and backs up to the river.

Bob Crees likes this.
  19. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

@andydabeast - Welcome to the Forums:)

Savini is good, if you set your Outposts up right:)

Geoff728 likes this.
  20. andydabeast

andydabeast Got Your Back

Thanks for the welcome :)

I also have some nostalgia for that house because it is where I first went after the church in my first playthrough and stayed there till the end. Good times.

Bob Crees likes this.