What is your favorite base in SoD?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by C.C Garcia, Mar 25, 2016.

?
  1. Snyder's Trucking Warehouse

2. The Fairgrounds

3. McReady Homestead

4. Kirkman Residence

5. Savini Residence

6. The Alamo

7. The Church of Ascension

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I tend to use Savini, before I move to Snyders, as that way I can leave some Outposts in place:)

2. Cejao

Cejao Famous

Ditto, same deal.

Geoff728 and Bob Crees like this.
  3. Vanilla

Vanilla Here To Help

Savini! The fact there is a cliff behind it and the tree fort is in a good corner.

Cejao, spacemousetw and Bob Crees like this.
  4. Blackthorne

Blackthorne Here To Help

Snyder's usually ends up being my go-to place, no matter how much I try to make it otherwise; I swear just yesterday I was actually at McReady and it's all very home-sweet-apocalyptic-home... then suddenly I'm finding myself setting up shop at STW debating putting a medical area indoors or sleeping quarters... :confused:

Usually go there for the following reasons:

1. The Guard Tower has such broad-ranging coverage it's just not funny. Having Mickey up there is particularly OP
    2. The outlying buildings make for excellent choices for resource outposts - no horde is coming close to my house, thank you very much
    3. Not too far from the centre of town and is at a good midway point between the major areas - farmsteads, fairgrounds runs, etc
    4. The outpost setup makes for mostly safe sprinting areas to build up the cardio... mostly
    5. If I end up with a survivor who's not in tune with the community spirit, it's just a quick jog over the bridge to the construction site where they can see how well they go with a bare-knuckle boxing match with the local horde...

5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Yes that is one of the reasons why I like Snyder's. The hours I have spent running my survivors around the yard must be in the 100's. Stopping to take the odd shot or engaging a Zeb climbing the fence.

Cejao and Blackthorne like this.
  6. Blackthorne

Blackthorne Here To Help

Absolutely the best way to have your marathon running ninja team set up for each Breakdown level :cool:

Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  7. scratchieepants

scratchieepants Here To Help

I prefer Savini, especially on PC where mods can convert two of the parking spaces to something useful.

From a practical perspective, Snyder wins by a mile though. Also in theory there's quite a bit of unused space inside the fenced area and one half of the garage that would probably be used 'in real life' to make it even more effective.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Cejao, Bob Crees and Blackthorne like this.
  8. The warehouse is the biggest one, so I like that one.

9. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

I first started breakdown at Savini's, and wasn't too fond of it, after that I moved to Mcready and stayed there quite a while and went back there on the next level.
    But after that I moved to Snyders, and it is by far my favourite base. I have been there ever since.
    You've got outposts,lots of space, room for both munitions and machine workshops and you are in a good location.

10. Chazwuzzer

Chazwuzzer Got Your Back

I actually kinda like the fairgrounds - With QMJS extended. You can pop up a small watchtower in the parking lot and load it up with facilities. Only downside is the unpredictability of resources in the fairgrounds and surrounds.

11. Udah

Udah Here To Help

I got to say Snyders is my favorite. I always set up shop their, mainly because it is the biggest and I usually get my crew of survivors into the twenties. My very first time leaving the church I went to the farmhouse in which I was doomed due to a lack of outposts and nearby suplies. Within my first hour there I did a mission that was just a little ways from the base, it was a jugg hunt my first to be exact and I figured I would take my best survivor, with my only gun, to deal with it. Only thing is my only gun was the hooker shotgun which is terrible, and it attracted about two hoards to fight my low level survivor, Marcus. Between the hoards and the jugg I lost both Marcus and the guy I did the hunt with. So I have ever since been put off by their, and with no other place with the size of the warehouse available early enough I tend to stick to Snyders

ErnestK7, Cejao and Bob Crees like this.
  12. Snyder's, but the Savini Residence follows close behind just because it's a cool house. The warehouse takes the top for me though because I can set that thing up to truly feel like Lily's idea of Fort Knox. Nothing ever comes up from behind and with 5 tactically placed outposts buffed with greater range, I never have to return home to manually deal with hordes. it also leaves me 3 extra outposts to place around the map as resupply locations when way away from home. I've also found that being close to several warehouse/industrial locations gives me an easy jumpstart on all those extra construction projects I now have room for.

Bob Crees, ErnestK7 and Cejao like this.
  13. We have a few houses in my city and this have to look similar to some of the houses in the game, I stay in the desert and this house is not that far from me. lol

[​IMG]

Cejao, Brymstone, C.C Garcia and 2 others like this.
  14. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I prefer Snyder's. It's my second and permanent home base. Big enough. Well placed. I can place vehicles inside the gates for extra protection (or aesthetics for the workshop).

I pick it every time.

15. KNomad

KNomad Starting Off

Still a toss up between Savini's and the Alamo for me.

360 player and I just want to grind levels now.

16. Brymstone

Brymstone Starting Off

Snyder's is the base I always end up at. It's something I wish UL would address in SOD2 in which you can upgrade and add slots to your base of choice. I'd like to be able to setup somewhere else each play-through and not have to be limited to one place because it's better than all the rest. Breakdown in SOD YOSE was awesome but after a few levels it just became the same thing, get enough people to get to Snyder's, setup at Snyder's, locate the RV and train up a person or two, then wash, rinse, repeat. I would really like to see add-ons become available or something that would change up base options (which I think is actually in SOD2) as well as introducing expanded content or areas the farther you progress in a Breakdown type environment. Sandbox is the only way to go IMO but it has to change from time to time in order to stay fresh. Maybe the introduction of friendly and aggressive enclaves will be the answer. I also think triggered events that can happen at anytime during a Breakdown play-through would be cool. Something like the CLEO drops but maybe like a helicopter or convoy crash, search the site for military type weapons/supplies then check the surrounding area for military survivors. I also think making cars and your base generator use gas would help as well (until you upgrade to wind or solar power at your base), having to budget your fuel supply introduces a more conscious element in regards to mission priority. You can't just joyride around the map indefinitely without finding fuel. You might even end up stranded on the other side of the map and have to either walk back to base or scavenge for fuel (hell that's basically the entire premise around Mad Max lol). Finally, I realize this post got a little rant heavy, I think it would be cool to have enemy NPC's attack your base and actually be able to steal your supplies, it would really make base protection a priority and scavenging and trading with friendly enclaves a critical part of the game. Who knows, maybe some of those rescue missions could be enemy NPC's kidnapping some of your characters for ransom demands, you either pay the ransom (losing some supplies in the process) or launch a risky rescue mission. End of rant.

17. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

I know that some people deliberately choose to use differently Home Bases for each level, as it adds a challenge to the game. I guess that is okay, if all you are going to do is stay on a level until the RV is found and repaired.

Cejao likes this.
  18. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

I like the farm its far away and close all at the same time.

Cejao likes this.
  19. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

For me it's Snyder's. Its the only "big" one, which can feel like a small fortress. I would have liked to see at least another one like that.

I also like McReady's farm a lot.

Cejao likes this.
  20. MrStrange

MrStrange Got Your Back

Kirkmans (I think that's the house in the North) if I start up there, then move to the Warehouse because it has the most outposts. Set up enough to block roads to base, then a couple in distant locations so I can store found items mainly (occasional med resupplies if getting mauled).
    Probably not the most efficient, but it works for me.

Cejao likes this.