What SOD2 potential or confirmed feature are you most excited for?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by andydabeast, Aug 15, 2016.

?
  1. co-op

47.6%
  2. leaving Trumbull County/ the map

19.0%
  3. new/ continuation of the story

26.2%
  4. more depth to home base mechanic

26.2%
  5. more vehicles and weapons

9.5%
  6. new zombie types

2.4%
  7. more advanced enemy/ friendly NPC enclaves

38.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 23-down

23-down Got Your Back

I voted for coop and the fact that we can actually leave the valley this time around.
    Of course I would have voted for everything else as well if allowed to do so.

I truly do hope we get new special Infected to encounter...
    But what I hope most for over everything else will be modding support so people can implement their own sandbox maps into the main game for a potential breakdown mode and coop.

Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  2. Brymstone

Brymstone Starting Off

I like that fact that it appears we are leaving Trumball County, I hope the maps and explorable areas get larger. Co-op really isn't a deal breaker, as I enjoy the game solo. Home base mechanics seemed o.k. in the original so adding things might just overcomplicate it but we'll see. New weapons and vehicles doesn't make it a better game IMO. As far as weapons go I would REALLY like to see a better scope function, it's so simplistic in the first game, I'd like to see that get an upgrade so you can actually do a little sniping and scouting with your weapon scope. The addition of hostile NPC's and friendly enclaves is interesting, can't wait to see how that unfolds in-game. Overall I like the expansion aspect introduced in SOD2 and really hope it opens up more territory to explore, maybe we'll see more open terrain, suburban areas, and larger urban sprawls to get that open world feel. Would like to see the glitches get fixed and maybe a little better graphics (not that we're going to get GTA type visuals, but it would be nice).

Tsewe, Bob Crees and Cejao like this.
  3. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

You are right on one thing: the trailer characters are leaving Trumbull Valley. However, they are turning back at the end, and going back to where they came from, which is Trumbull.

Which could mean, and this is what I hope for, that the map will be a lot bigger, including (a part of) Trumbull Valley, plus of course a bigger town and some other suburbs like Trumbull's. I'm really excited with what they'll have decided, though I try not to get my hopes too high...

I also look forward to improved homebases features, like, a lot.

Vanilla likes this.
  4. no vote for coming to steam yet lol, ill just wait and see how that works out b4 I get excited for sod 2 .

5. andydabeast

andydabeast Got Your Back

EHH I hope there is nothing of the original map in SoD2. I would be OK with finding the road that leads to it, but I am already exploring every building in SoD, so I won't want any familiar ground.

6. Tsewe

Tsewe Here To Help

Even if it's but a very small part of the map, let's say not even the 1/5 of the whole map, and even if it's like remastered and upgraded and all? haha

7. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Zombies, or No Zombies i'm just Glad to be alive. ^_^

8. orgelambart

orgelambart Got Your Back

Co-op normally dies super fast, and in all honesty, the times you get matched up, it's normally with someone who just wants to do stupid stuff like squat down in the corner or other stupid things..

A continuation of the story would be really awesome, also a bigger map with more exploration.. new bigger and more in depth bases..

I have faith in Undead Labs, since the original game was so amazing, I certainly know SOD will be day one purchase for me..

9. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

The bases and the new map does it for me :)

10. Darth_Necron

Darth_Necron Got Your Back

all of the above. I personally would like to see random generated story missions for sod2 breakdown to make it even more in depth so every playthrough is totally random as to who gives the story which is broken down like sasquatches missions in LL.

In a sandbox enviroment id like to see randomly generated maps to explore so no two maps will ever be the same for a breakdown mode this would be unbelievably amazing and very unique so terrain, roads buildings etc will never be in the same place twice makes the element of danger more real plus it would give true impression that you left that town in your RV only to breakdown in another town or even just on the outskirts of a city or even deep inside a city where you get timed to get out of downtown within a time limit before thousands of undead decend upon you and your fellow survivors no cars no outposts just you your fellow survivors and all you can carry now get out of the city if you can.

The possibilities are endless

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

continuation of story and new zombie types. mostly the former though nut for new zombie types here are a few ideas.I might draw some and scan them and I totally wont draw vegan gains as a charger.
    Charger3.png Witch_2.png download.jpg 1089563-spitter.jpg new feral type.png

12. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

13. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

they could do it differently of course give the charger a new head.Make his left arm more muscle and actually able to be used by the zed and have a real death scene but insted of it ending with him bashing the survivor to the ground he picks it up rips it in half or just takes a huge bite out of it to kill it

I was thinking the witch can behave similar to a feral but rather than just stand hunchback waiting for a survivor.She will cry until it sees one and then he pretty much behaves like a normal feral but different animations and a different death scence plays or keep it the same

the spitter would behave more like a screamer but rather than screeching it will spit acid at the player witch will drain health until it dies if it stands in the pool or removes 90% of health if it gets away from the pool or the spitter only spits on the player rather than the area its at.they still have arms but they can bite so in close quarters it will only scratch the player if at all

the last pic is just a new model idea for the feral.Not to replace it but to add varitey the same way one could find a african american soldier zed

14. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

So a standard L4d witch...

So a standard L4d spitter...

Rather than copy the idea of Left 4 dead's special zeds, they should add on to the ideas of the ones they have.
    The ferals should, yes, have more variety, they could also be able to climb, because you can escape any zombie by climbing up a ladder.
    They could expand along the idea of the screamer in a way that they could do more than just, well, scream. They could have arms, or they could inflict temporary effects like a blurry screen, or something like that.

15. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

The designs would be different. The feral and hunter behave quite similarly but the feral has slight differences in behavior and a drastically different design that they seem like completely different.The witch in left 4 dead does not sprint like an animal or pounce on players. The game does not even really need a projectile zombie it was just a thought

And I agree the feral is to easy to fight but they need to do more than just make them climb latters. They should be made to be more durable to cars so even if you do hit it it wont just die.If you try to finish it off they could kick you off and pounce on you.They can jump on top of your vehicle and beat on it until it explodes.

Doomen Gloom likes this.
  16. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

It was the only idea I could come up with, it was 11pm at night over here, I had just got back from a party, but yea, they need to be more durable, because they are the most ruthless creatures in the game, and yet running in to a parked car kills them.

The thing about you wanting them to more like l4d designs, then that just makes them rip-offs. A special kind of bloater zed could be made to barf, making it a projectile zed. Remember though, we don't want the zeds to be invincible.

That's for the L4d dev's to do.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2017
    Doomen Gloom likes this.
  17. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

what I am doing is not really trying to say completely rip off l5d but giving ideas on what kind of zombies. One that will grab players and turn them into a ragdoll,one that attacks from a far etc

18. ErnestK7

ErnestK7 Here To Help

Then say that, don't just post up pictures of L4d zeds

19. Liam X

Liam X Here To Help

because If I didn't people would be wondering what I am even talking about

20. SOD2 must have Breakdown mode too, as the same rules.

Bob Crees likes this.