What's Cooking? You Are. (Contest thread, 5/7/2013)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, May 7, 2013.

1. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Last edited: May 17, 2013
  2. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

3. I think Sanya is still trying to put all the photo's she was emailed up into this forum so that they can be voted on here in the forums before a winner will be announced.

4. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Ah, I kinda messed up my 2 previous posts didn't I?

5. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Hey Fraser I was researching the Isle of Man I have to say Manx history given its series of Invasions by hoardes of folk from abroad it would only be Poetic Justice that once again the Manx people band together to battle the Undead. You certainly do have a few places to do it. Some rather impressive fortifications here, and there. ^_^

In fact whether its Zombies or a full global economic collapse, etc...The isle of Man is well suited to being an intermediary of trade for coastal survivors.:)

It is surprisingly small though at 572 sq kilometer the county I live in here in the US has 45,000 people living in it, and approximately the size of the state of Connecticut(5000 km SQ). I'm also close enough to Undead Labs I could drive there, and picket their office dressed as a Drunk Space Pirate, but alas I am far to mature to do such a thing. ^_^

6. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

There is actually a couple of good things about where I live, such as: 2 ways on/off the Island, by boat and by plane, and also we have an equivalent to the American National Guard (Civil Defence), who are equipped with several modern bunkers, designed to keep out radiation (In case anything happened to Sellafield Nuclear Reactor)(and probably zombies). The only problem is our strict gun laws, however, fortunately for me, I do have a semi-automatic AR-15 and a Glock 17C.

7. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

I've just realised that, the only logical way that the Isle of Man could become infected, would be if the 'virus' was airborne. I mean, if you think about it, by the time it reached mainland Britain, the Isle of Man could have effectively shut all borders, and the members of Parliament (Basically like the Senate) were safely tucked away in said bunkers, mass hysteria would actually cause more damage than the infection would...

8. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

I could see alot of problems after considering Food, supplies for most people then Zombies. Most grocery stores only stock 3 days worth of food maybe a week for your island due to it being an island...Ultimately however there isn't enough food to go around. Your island would need to have 30,000,000 pounds a year just to get by on less then 1600 calories average for a year. So unless you have a Civil plan already in place to ride out the storm. Your best bet would probably "Hole up at the Winchester and wait until all this blows over! ^_*"

Also if things were truly hard pressed Martial Law is no joke...Just look at what happened in Boston in the Illegal Watertown house to house searches...

I have some understanding of British Politics to the extent I understand the Acronym PM, and MP. Labor Party, and I believe the Torri party?

Eathier way those figures alone should really make you think...Out here where I live I'm firmly convinced even though we are more then capable of growing, or slaughtering whatever we need to feed our immediate area that if things got really bad the power will go down.... Most people will be out of Ammunition, scared off much of the local Deer population, and generally be in a bad place due to limited access to water without grid electricity to water the orchards, and fields.

Also what happens when the power goes down where you are and you can't heat your homes? What is your plan then? I can't imagine your island has enough Wood to burn indefinitely.

On idea is to have a rated Cold Weather tent in your home, and wear many layers...that way when you sleep, and your core temperature drops you won't die in your sleep if its unbearably cold outside.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  9. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

As I was saying about our Civil Defence (National Guard), it was created during the Cold War, and is still being supplied with the modern equipment, and it does have enough stores to last 35,000 people for a year and a half. Also, as you were saying about personal food and supplies, Myself and one of my friends, Cameron have started a disaster group in our local community but we already have started work on a 'compound' of sorts. Anyway, if anything was to happen, then we have room in our compound to accommodate up to 23 other people.

10. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

I wonder if my corndog above a candle is gonna be in the polls. :p

11. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

You mean from the Cooking Competition?

12. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Yep. xD

(10 characters)

13. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

So do you know when Sanya's going to announce the Cooking Contest's winner(s)?

14. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Nope. Because they have ot put up a poll first. Then the members will vote for their favorite ones. :)

15. Capt.C.Baker

Capt.C.Baker Here To Help

She says she was going to make a Voting Poll.

16. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Ah ok, Thanks guys!

17. Can't wait for Sanya to post the poll! Wanna see if I got in :p

18. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Gotta say Fraser its a pity you don't live in the US I could sure use a wingman like yourself with that kinda forethought. ^_^

I am amazed however at the quantity of British, Scottish, and Australian people living in my little town though there is even some people from Iceland, and Sweden living here...certainly not your conventional Rural American town. ^_^

Are you stocking mainly canned food, or going a bit more basic? I find Canned stocks less calories per volume then dry food, but your mainly paying for the container. Eathier way proud of you brother! Keep on carrying the fire. ^_^

I find it hillarious that the tag next to my name says "Gonna get us all killed" presently...kinda an oxy moron if there ever was one.

Last edited: May 18, 2013
  19. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Actually, as well as being in Civil Defence (National Guard) I'm also in the Territorial Army (Again, your National Guard) which means that I mainly buy MRE's, however I tend to buy Canned supplies, as if they are stored right, some can last for decades!

In addition to storing food, I believe that it's also critical to have a surplus of ammunition, because (as in the game) it can be used as a form of currency and I believe that you can never have a maximum amount.

20. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

100th Post on this Thread! :D