What's Cooking? You Are. (Contest thread, 5/7/2013)

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, May 7, 2013.

1. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

Yeah, I'm not quite sure either, but at least something is being done!

2. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

I'm excited to see the results I have a feeling I probably won't win because most people think meat when it comes to Survival, but it was still a fun project.

3. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

4. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Yah I was fixing to vote for yours myself. Its a wholly unique looking dish unto itself given its Manx tradition so that scores a few bonus points in my book. It was interesting to see the trends...I noticed alot of people going for the pseudo Mountain man approach versus the practical reliable Agrarianism that is the glue of Civilization, but in your case Salmon would be an easy to acquire resource living on an island afterall....its your equivalient of catching Deer technically... There was definitely a couple people I thought played it smart though by foraging for wild edibles I thought that kid did a great job with his feature entree.

By the way Fraser one thing I was considering about Gardening in a Crisis...its easier to spot a row of veggies at a distance if they are laid out in rows...However say there is a grassy area with a fairly reliable rainfall you could disperse your plants out some, and at range it would not appear to be a viable crop, but rather mixed in with all the surrounding folliage. Something to consider. It would be like Veggie Digital Camouflage. ^_^

There is a field of study know as perma-culture that operates on very similiar principles actually.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  5. Fraser98

Fraser98 Starting Off

This sounds really interesting! I really like the idea of mixing the crops in with surrounding foliage in an attempt to disguise them, great idea!