What's going on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ThatChristmaskid, Jul 8, 2016.

1. I thought we needed a space to be able to just talk, so i cleared it with Nicole that this thread would be okay.

What's going on in your life right now?

Del44ZSlayer, Arc79, Vers and 6 others like this.
  2. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

My sleep pattern is shot to hell. I have turned into a vampire. If I go to bed at say Midnight, I am awake at 5am. I get up for a few hours and then sleep for 3/4 more hours. If I stop up till 7am, then I sleep okay till about 4pm.

3. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

Sleep is for the weak anyway

4. Alan Gunderson

Alan Gunderson Here To Help

My free time for summer vacation begins after 5pm for me today, when I clock out of my last shift of a big work week that I can't expect again for a while. I expect to begin running my Project Zomboid server at some point.

Going to Toronto on the 9th of August for a Pitbull concert.

My van finally broke down in ways that I can't fix. The transmission is just destroyed and I can't afford to rebuild it. It's essentially scrap metal at this point.

I got a sedan instead now. Found some freaky stuff in the back of it left over from the old owner. It doesn't have the third row of seats that my van did, but the trunk is spacious enough to fit two or three fold-out tables among other things so I can still use it for work.

5. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

We're selling our house to move to a new one and my sister still owes me my $25. :)

6. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

Hours have been reduced at work causing a steady buildup of stock from the back room to remain unprocessed as we lack the time to put it away. An associate is taking eight weeks to recover from neck surgery thus her tasks have been assigned to me.

I'm having to cover for the front desk's lunch break as we don't even have enough on hand personnel to properly do so. One of our supervisors (the one whom I work with the most) is being driven to rage by our demanding district manager; another, recently hired, is on the verge of checking out mentally for the same reason.

Apropos of nothing I decided to play through Fallout: New Vegas. Loving the hell out of it of course. Probably has something to do with the fact that a post-post apocalyptic setting where two super-powers clash over resources and land and Deathclaws stalk the unwary is less chaotic than my job.

7. Najdorf

Najdorf Here To Help

I'm about to be a dad any day now

8. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Suffering in the heat, counting the days till Fall. Got one of those WTF service calls last night. The freezer at a cooking school not keeping up. Supposed to be at -10 F and has been at 25 degrees all day. Naturally, wait until 7pm to call someone. I'm high temp. I don't work on freezers. I'm stuck on roof for 4 hours, rain lightning, enough wind to carry off the top the condensing unit while I muddle through an unfamiliar setup. Finally get the damned thing operable and the defrost clock kills everything before I can check pressures. Grrr. What have you been up to, Kid?

QuarantineRoad and Bob Crees like this.
  9. Fear

Fear Here To Help

Congrats!

As for me, I've been busy with the holidays here. Just seeing friends and family while being super clumsy as usual. I ran into a pole the other day which cut open my shoulder somehow. :rolleyes:

First semester is over for me in university though and I did quite well so that's at least something.

10. scarface4467

scarface4467 Here To Help

Where to start... Wanna get to the depressing shit first or the infuriating shit first?

First I got 2nd degree burns on my shoulders and back which hurt like hell which is in the process of pealing now. I had to deal with a crazy BLM, Feminist, SJW **** about free speech and how all white straight 'cis' men are the devil and how im transphopic and homophobic because im a straight white male (Which is bullshit because im not even straight). Then I fell in love with my best friends girl, the best friend who got me out of my shell and literally saved my life a couple times so i'm dealing with the breakdown of that. Then I have to sit through ungodly amount of heat which make me even more pissed. Then I have to deal with a fucking player in my RIFTS game who fucking argues and complains like a 5 year old when he doesn't get his way.

So my life is just... Fucking hell its being a bitch... :(

Bob Crees likes this.
  11. Kjolly99

Kjolly99 Here To Help

I lost my pen.

Nathan Endo, Bob Crees and Fabian907 like this.
  12. I'm sorry to hear that 03! Hopefully these next few days are easier on you for work.

With me?

Been dealing with the usual drama, unfortunately this time it has to do with the racial issues going on, especially here in my state. I lost complete respect to a close friend of mine for being completely ignorant and going off the handle on someone else who was close to me, but I was furious these past few days and decided to turn that anger into something constructive, and emailed my local department about what we could do to prevent that from happening here, and I've been learning quite a bit on these issues because (if people didn't know already) I'm black, a good percentage of my family is black, and I'm afraid that this could affect one of us or someone we know so I decided to get educated. The PD was super helpful, and I'm thinking about joining the Civilian Police Academy so that way I can learn more about how police operate and the things they go through.

Aside from that, I've been getting way into music, and now that my cousin is moving out and i'm getting my room back i'm going to turn my room into a studio so I can start (un)professionally making music. I've also considered starting a small website/blog to do music reviews for indie artists, but I've yet to decide on that.

Uhhhhh, so, racial issues, drama, police work, music, theater, and that's it.

13. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

All lives matter, even if you were black, you're still you. I'm fucking white as hell and I'm Mexican but I'm seen as white because I have no appearance of a Hispanic person... Not to be racist. #AllLivesMatter

Edit: Also I like remixes and or trap or whatever! Let's see if you can do some too :p

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  14. Auditorex

Auditorex Here To Help

Hotel bed is awfully not comfortable. Work is fine but Pokemon Go is taking up my time as of now. How is everyone?

15. Right, i'm not saying only Black Lives Matter, it's just that All Lives Matter but at this point in time the black community could use some additional awareness and support to overcome injustices brought on by those who are supposed to be able to be trusted without any second thought.

I'm still very new, but once I get some more equipment I'm going to be doing Hip-hop and Rap, and then some House/Electronic music in a daft punk style.

That's the plan at least, I've got a lot of learning to do.

16. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Now you're talkin'!

17. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Well said, kid.

18. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

Some of the problem is the media, trying to fracture America and cause chaos for sales. White males are killed by black police, but you never hear much about them. Just do a google search. And then there are the Hispanics that are called 'white' to prove an agenda. And a lot of the videos do not show the beginning of the confrontation, where the suspect was being belligerent and not cooperating with the police. You only see the 'results' of their actions which never looks good on its own. Its like only reading half a story, the last half. I am not condoning any actions, but the problem is bigger than what we see in the media's narrow view.

Also, as far as the police go, things will probably only get worse. The few 'bad' police there are will only become more and more common, as the need for police becomes greater and greater as the population expands. And the sad fact that a lot of people who are bullies, power hungry or psychopaths are attracted to the job does not help. But its always been that way to a certain extent. Just never forget that there are also a lot of really good police out there who have caring, loving families to go home to.

19. choppi

choppi Famous

I'm just starting alien isolation, in the dark, headphones on. :confused:

Generally American police in general are far more aggressive. There was an interesting documentary showing many city police chief's coming the the u.k. to lear n how they de escalate situations. So many videos showed times where the British policed ended a situation peacefully where the American chiefs said that would have ended in death in their own police force.

There were a lot of police in Boston but they seemed friendly. I guess when everyone has guns things get over paranoid.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  20. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Sad part is, Dallas has made great reformations in de-escalation training over the last several years, dramatically reducing lethal encounters. So it's ironic that Dallas would be the city some lunatic decides to shoot up...

http://rare.us/story/how-dallas-police-have-been-a-model-for-america/