What's going on?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ThatChristmaskid, Jul 8, 2016.

1. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

That is a nice jacket. Excellent choice.

2. Cejao

Cejao Famous

the (sexy) body that is filling the jacket is nice too. ;)

3. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

You're lookin' good kid! I hope you're happy and healthy as well. :)

4. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Time to kvetch. Lucky me, got out of the hospital just in time to catch bronchitis. FML. :(

edit: 'cause spelling.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  5. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

Well at least you survived hospital:)

6. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

By the skin of my teeth. I went in with an apparently life-threatening emergency, and then they did their best to finish the job. But, you know, I'm not paranoid.

One of the nurses seems to live in my neighbourhood, and kept saying "Maybe I'll see you at the grocery store!" To which I replied *sotto voce and cuing the ominous music* "Not if I see you first . . . ":eek:

7. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Congrats on beating the odds!

8. Alan Gunderson

Alan Gunderson Here To Help

I'm trying to order pizza last night at 8.

*Call begins, pizza place begins asking for my name and number, they sound a little abrasive but whatever, they probably get a lot of evening orders. I give them my name and number, don't say anything else. After I provide it, I don't get any response back, but I can hear the clerk breathing into the phone after the pen scribbling noise stops. Awkward pause for another 10 seconds.*

"Can I get 2 medium - wait, large - pepperoni pizza's -" I got cut off before I could say it was for pickup.

"Is this a prank call?!"

"No, and it's for pickup"

"You can still prank call and ask for pickup."

At this point I looked at my friends, they could hear the tone through the phone's speaker on my ear.

"I order from you guys all the time. I can be there in 30 minutes to pick it up if that's alright."

"What's your name and number?"

I did my best to remain calm and answer the question.

"I already gave it, but it's _____ and ___ ____"

Another pause.

"IS THIS A PRANK CALL?!"

"No, this is a pizza order."

"We have your number, you know!"

"Of course I know, I gave it twice."

"You think you're funny, right?"

After we got "disconnected", I tried calling again and it didn't get through. Calling again in an hour and dealing with the usual young lady that takes our order fixed the problem.

When people say humans aren't going to shoot other humans in the apocalypse because "mutual goal of survival", I remember how difficult talking to this paranoid 20's ish man was. I've been on the receiving end of some of these calls when I've worked in restaurants and had tons of shitty customer stories, but this guy couldn't take my money to save his life.

9. Mutual goal of survival? Pfft. Strangers are to be shot on sight, except for children, who are given a fifteen second head start to GET OFF MY LAWN unless you're bringing me an Italian sausage pizza...then, welcome my friend!

10. Alan Gunderson

Now are we talking about real life or the zombie apocalypse? :p

11. Are you saying there's a difference? :confused:

12. Doomen Gloom

Doomen Gloom Famous

"Is this a Prank Post? We know who you are, I think I saw your picture at the post office."

13. OldDogF14

OldDogF14 Here To Help

Well, there isn't a difference in Newark, at any rate.

So, yeah, a week to the bloody day after getting out, the bronchitis was so bad I got readmitted to the same damned hospital where everybody on staff must have been beaten repeatedly on an hourly basis with a stupid stick. Nurses and techs paying absolutely no attention to what was going on. Ignoring the alarm on the infusor for twenty minutes because my IV line got infiltrated not once, but on three separate occasions, screwing up the med schedule just about every chance they got . . . I swear to God, if I have to go back, I'm seriously considering the death option instead. I'm just undecided for who at the moment.

14. Alan Gunderson

Sad part was the guy we were talking to was apparently the owner of the place that doesn't like his customers apparently (and also does not answer the phone a lot).

15. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

(I don't post much in off-topic but here goes)

I had to go to court the other day. Nothing too serious, I got subpoenaed as a witness for the town I live in. Me and a guy had a 'discussion' at the school our kids go to because he was driving through the parking lot like a monkey's behind.

He got a disorderly conduct ticket for it (this was back in MARCH) and they decided to hold the court date this week.

He did everything he could to lay blame on ME for getting out of my car first (aggressively? nah) and the principal for 'having it out for him' since others drive like various mammal behinds in the parking lot but he feels like only HE was talked to about it. And now was facing a fine for it.

He got it reduced, but was still upset of the amount of money he had to spend this close to Christmas.

Oh, and the kicker? THE GUY IS MY NEIGHBOR.

We live on the same street, just a few houses apart.

16. MstrJedi Kyle

MstrJedi Kyle Here To Help

STAR WARS IS IN VIII DAYS!!!!

17. Revenge0frock

Revenge0frock Famous

Reminds me of the phrase I have actually heard people use to try and duck tickets. "But officer, I was only going 40 in that 20, everyone else does 50 I shouldn't get a ticket!"

18. Dunadain

Dunadain Famous

Yep! Everyone needs to get tix!

I'll post whether it's good after I see it on the 14th.

And Massive Spoilers!!!:p

(Just kidding! Or am I??)

19. Takuro_Spirit

Takuro_Spirit Here To Help

He does seem to be of the type.... when the officer went to his house to deliver the citation his first question was "Am I being detained", then when told no, went back into his house.
    o_O

20. Cejao

Cejao Famous

South Texas gets rare snow.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-texas-gets-rare-snowfall-032259411.html
    Frigid temperatures behind a cold front combined with moisture off the Gulf of Mexico have yielded a rare snowfall in many parts of South and Southeast Texas.

The National Weather Service reports snow from San Antonio into East Texas. National Weather Service meteorologist Brett Williams said up to 2.5 inches of snow had been measured as of 9 p.m. Thursday in the San Antonio area.
    The most recent comparable snowfall in San Antonio had been in January 1987, when 1.3 inches of snow accumulated, but the most recent major snowfall was 13.2 inches in January 1985.

Up to 3 inches of snow was expected in the Corpus Christi area by Friday morning. Weather Service meteorologist Kevin Wagner said the most recent comparable snowfall in Corpus Christi was 4.4 inches on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, 2004.

(San Antonio article and I have ankle deep snow here in North Houston. Amazing.)