Who's going to be at PAX East!?

Discussion in 'State of Decay News' started by Undead Sanya, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Kiel555

Kiel555 Here To Help

Here are my observations from what Broudie reported and the IGN video:

1) You begin the game with only two people (Kilo and Vince)
    2) The "map" is a donut. The center of the donut is infested with zeds or inaccessible due to 10 car pile-ups. We conduct all gameplay on the perimeter of the donut. (hmmm..sure could use a donut about now)
    3) No time to smell the roses - I think the gameplay will be similar to the first few days of the original recipe. It will be intense with numerous missions, a base that needs upgrading and only two playable characters.
    4) Time is of the essence - Instead of long term survival, this game centers on rapid recovery of happy meals before the zeds get them. Happy meals have a shelf life that may not support sandboxing it.
    5) New stuff - at least one new vehicle (the modern truck now in olive drab), map icons (the radar shows the center as all red and there is a "1" at the bottom of the circle), looks like the 60 ammo bug is gone, locker has lots of guns and ammo in it (big smile everyone).
    6) My favorite - it looks like a ZA is underway! There are dead bodies and zeds everywhere, car wrecks and smoke. It really looks like shit is hitting the fan!

Can't wait till June!

2. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

The whole video has the 'alienware' logo on the bottom. Probably an alienware monitor? I don't buy 'name brand' computers, I build my own as they are much better than anything you buy that is 'pre-built'.
    Perhaps its just low quality video that makes it look bad.

3. broudie

broudie Here To Help

It was a PC with an XBOX controller. The map is likely done, the red chicken marker scratches is similar to the stuff thats on the Bronto Gas map and is just for "style". I do hope though that it is unfinished and we get lots more buildings

4. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Pointing a camera at a TV will always look worse than direct feed. Its one the most common and rage-worthy characteristics of videos on YouTube. :mad:

5. WillieSea

WillieSea Famous

The problem is not pointing a camera at a computer monitor, its youtube. They compress the video so much that all detail is lost and the video looks like crap. And even if I compress the video myself to make it small, youtube compresses it AGAIN and really makes it crap for viewing.

Case in point. I compressed this down to 10MB, and youtube made it look like absolute crap.

6. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Well, don't forget it's far too common for such recordings to be done with handheld devices, so— redundant compression combined with shaky hands and background noise....

7. F R E E

F R E E Got Your Back

OMG ! It's that the "GENERATOR" icon???

[​IMG]

And of course, "ROTFL" on the toilet icon.

Source of the information:
    Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7GUOSpG_8o

8. Frogbeast1029

Frogbeast1029 Got Your Back

When you put in a YouTube link select the picture of 2 films

9. F R E E

F R E E Got Your Back

Yes, between the "media" tags. I did, but nothing happened. Just a big empty space full of nothing...like my heart without lifeline :(

Example:

Edited, Apr 21 (8 days after the original): dang, it works XD

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  10. Croxphire

Croxphire Starting Off

It was really great meeting Jeff, Chris and Sanya on Friday. Can't wait for June. The new stuff looks great. Its all stuff we as a community have asked for so that's awesome. Thanks for coming all this way. We east coasters appreciate it. I totally forgot to grab my patch so i'm a little bummed about that. Oh well, You'll be there next year for class4 anyway.....right? ......Right? .......Right?

I'm disappointed I didn't get to meet Nicole. Next time....

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Undead Nicole likes this.
  11. broudie

broudie Here To Help

Hey I think we met around 2pm EST while lining up for the Lifeline demo

12. wauww cant wait i already loved the stuff on youtube :)

13. MrMonst3r

MrMonst3r Famous

Some very cool Lifeline vids here. I can't wait!! :D

14. broudie

broudie Here To Help

I thought I saw some cyrillic (.e. "russian") text on the supply locker. Could it be that the evacuation is an international operation?

XzerothreeX likes this.
  15. The release date please!

16. TenaciousMarine

TenaciousMarine Got Your Back

A way to get my hands on one of those awesome Lifeline Morale Patches

XzerothreeX likes this.
  17. Guyver

Guyver Got Your Back

Toilets!! Omg

even when it's the end of the world, it is believed to construct toilets

:)

18. Found this: lifeline_map.jpg

(At about 4:52 in this video by Omnompixels:
    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7GUOSpG_8o
    [See above.])

Frogbeast1029 likes this.
  19. I checked out some of the footage and heard about on ign and so far it seems awesome!!!