Who's your favorite video game character.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Righteous Ham, Oct 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous Ham

Righteous Ham Here To Help

This forum seems to be moving quite lethargically as of late, and this is my rather transparent attempt to bring a little life into it. Name and discuss the game character you like the most. I'll start this ball rolling, shall I? Despite the title I've given this thread I don't think there is a single character I could call my favorite, but there are certainly some I hold above others.

There is a game that came out some years ago called Shadow Hearts: Covenant. The basic premise fascinated me; a classic RPG set in our world just after the breakout of hostilities that would later be called World War 1. You start the game playing as a German officer attempting to lead a small force to occupy a French village. From the that point on the game spins a near dizzying story that takes the characters from the streets of Paris all the way to the Tzar's capital of Petrograd and beyond.

Along the way you meet a very electric group of individuals, some join you for one reason or another. One such person is Joachim, a pro wrestler who thinks he's a super hero; he also happens to be a vampire. The man perfectly fits the games less than serious tone when required and manages not to warp the tone when the game becomes much more serious in its latter half.

His introductory scene tells you pretty much what you're going to get with him in your party.

So now that I've shared one of my all time favorite game characters with you lot, why don't some of you do the same?
  2. Mad cannibal

Mad cannibal Here To Help

Can it be from a game that is recent?
  3. Righteous Ham

Any character from any game is fine Mad. The only requirement is that you like them.
  4. Mad cannibal

What do you mean by like? Like like? Or liiike?
  5. Righteous Ham

Any, and all of the above of course. :D
  6. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

Mr. Torgue Borderlands 2.
  7. Mad cannibal

Well you better change the title to "Video game characters that you wanted to stick you appendage in" if that's the case.
  8. Righteous Ham

Never played the Borderlands games, so I can't really comment on him.
  9. Righteous Ham

Well, if that is what you'd like to do that is of course fine Mad. As I said, there really isn't a prerequisite or any requirements for this thread. You can include any character you like, from any game you've played. How you like them isn't really important.
  10. King of AR

King of AR Got Your Back

here's the collection of his lines [video=youtube;KM7hLzhAdD8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM7hLzhAdD8[/video]
  11. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Here To Help

My fav's

Lara Croft
  12. Fear

Fear Here To Help

So many favourite characters... :(

I'll share a few that interest me.

Alice Liddell from Alice in Wonderland: Madness Returns
    Simple reason being, her character was absolutely stunning and brought to life in the game, in my opinion. Her witty banter, one liner quotes and her story kept me wanting to play the game so I could see how her sad tale ended. Always been a fan for Alice in Wonderland but this is by far the best spin-off to the classic tale of Alice.

Lara Croft from TOMB RAIDER.

Yes, another female heroine because I just love them. Always been a fan of the sex-appealed Lara, but this game really told a tale and proved Lara didn't need boob physics. I just loved watching her grow through the events she experienced through the game.
  13. Mad cannibal

Vaas-Far Cry 3, I love this crazy mother fucker even though he did *spoiler* halfway through the game. He was well acted and had great writing.

Lamar Davis-GTAV, He has the best lines in the whole game and the banter between him and Frankin or Trevor is the best in the entire game. Plus he's just as hilarious in real life!

Any female-Tekken series, Things. Just things...
  14. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Here To Help

Yea, Vaas, must admit one of the best game characters i've seen in a looooong time. Shame i hated the rest of the game, and he died so early on in a "wtf" cut-scene moment..

Yeeep this one! i watched the trailers and i knew it would be good, tho i havn't had the cash to get the game yet, i will tho!.
    But she looks better than ever!!.
  15. Dhamptastic

Dhamptastic Here To Help

Manny Calavera

Probably Ben.

16. Righteous Ham

See that wasn't so hard no was it Mad? :rolleyes: I knew you had it in you. As for the others, I've never had the opportunity to play Alice: Madness Returns personally but I did watch a Let's Play and thought it really good. As for the Tomb Raider reboot, I purchased my copy the day it was first available and played it through twice. I was never really a fan of the older titles; I'm quite poor at platforming games overall.

I also saw Snake mentioned, but which snake do you mean, Deadly? Solid Snake, Liquid Snake or Naked Snake?
  17. Mad cannibal

The Revolver Ocelot theory strikes again!
  18. Righteous Ham

Probably shouldn't be asking this question, but what theory is that?
  19. Mad cannibal

Google it!
  20. DEADLY9996

DEADLY9996 Here To Help

Good Point!

I mean Solid Snake, tho there was Solidus Snake, from MGS2 : Sons Of Liberty, whom you play in MGS3: Snake Eater.

Liquid, had the British Accent! :p

Naked?, I just checked that out, was on a portable wasn't it?

I've only played the PS1/PS2/PS3 titles. I'd like to play the older games, and portable ones, for the story, but havn't got round to it.

As for Tomb Raider (i havn't played the newest one yet) out of the older ones, the first is the best... i miss the Save Crystals, it added that bit of extra tension when you saw one, then that music came on as some beast come chasing after you! xD
    The T-Rex part was really good too :D
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.