Whose stealing my cars? lol!

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by NanaGamer55, Dec 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NanaGamer55

NanaGamer55 Got Your Back

Ok, I've played SOD on Xbox for a long, long time but decided to start a new game on the PC today (didn't like my old crew so wanted a fresh start, I have no patience I know). In all the hours I've played I have never had some tick turd steal and move my cars around! :eek: I'm sure it's not a new thing, just new to me but dadgummit my enclave extras are in those cars and when I go find them the goodies are gone!

Question. I'm right in assuming this isn't just me right? :rolleyes:

2. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

The joy-ride event is very real. It's in the code.

I believe the purpose is two-fold. 1) engine limitations and too many objects to render will drag down performance. and 2) to prevent us from "cheating" by creating car wall around our bases to keep the hordes out. I don't know the exact parameters, but I believe it's one car per parking space plus two.

3. NanaGamer55

Ok, thanks a bunch, I had 3 cars at the Alamo and was completely befuddled :)

4. PolkRman73

PolkRman73 Got Your Back

Yeah, the joy ride happens when there's too many cars near your homebase. It actually happened to WayneGSG in one of his latest streams, and he was at the Alamo too.

5. zechs

zechs Here To Help

I'm glad YOSE is less prone to it. I enjoy pulling a car through the gate at Snyder's and parking it on the car mechanic lift inside the building.

Makes it seem a little more authentic.

6. I swear it wasn't me who took your cars for my roofparking needs, @NanaGamer55 !!
    Lol
    Btw, the maximum number of cars in one area is 12.

7. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Yesterday I was looting some stuff and I saw a man being mauled by a bunch of zombies. I went to help him thinking this was a "stranger in trouble" mission. When I saved him he just walked away from me like nothing happened. It wasn't a mission or anything. Npc's in this game just do unexplainable things for no reasons at times.

8. Del44ZSlayer

Del44ZSlayer Here To Help

Iv had that a couple of times nana, where the joy ride pop-up shows and I notice a vehicle has vanished. It must be incredibly frustrating having that particular vehicle full of enclave sellables though, bet you were fuming, dam joy riders! :p:D

9. NanaGamer55

LOL! Oh I hadn't thought of you taking my cars!

10. NanaGamer55

Yea I was annoyed to say the least! Just wish I knew which dirty bird was out joyriding, I'd feed'em to a Juggernaut!

11. NanaGamer55

Never happened to me before but I rarely stay at the Alamo too. Not a bad place but not enough facilities for me. It was fine once I moved on to Snyders, at least now I know I'm not crazy....much :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.