Win10 poll

Discussion in 'For PC Players Only' started by Undead Sanya, May 19, 2016.

?
  1. No problems

41 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. OMFG I CAN'T PLAY

23 vote(s)
    29.9%
  3. Laggy AF

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. Basically okay...once I load in

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  5. Some other problem (I'll tell you in the comments)

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

That doesn't sound right. Do you have an integrated card? Is the game using the nvidia or the integrated?

2. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Got Your Back

Definitely using the NVidia card, tried it out as soon as I got the rig back in Feb.
    Even tried a few different resolution, just assumed it was DX12 and SOD1 couldnt handle it

3. Undead Nicole

You're playing YOSE or Classic?

4. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Got Your Back

YOSE
    I did go through some driver changes recently for other games, could test it out again over the weekend
    /checks thread
    Oh Im on the wrong area....I didnt even know people could access SOD.
    I play through Steam, SOD isnt even an option there.
    Disregard.

5. Undead Nicole

Nope, your YOSE comments are relevant. We're tracking both. Let us know if you get it working over the weekend. ;)

6. I play SOD1 using Windows 8 (yes, orginally from 2012)
    Much better performance and stable than Windows 10, please release SOD2 to other versions not only 10, I really hate this MS force, steam version will be nice option for all.

7. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Got Your Back

Ok so I tried it this weekend. *Huge* improvement. Im no longer floating above the ground, driving is much better in terms of handling, and the the textures issue is gone, in fact I noticed the mountains look especially good at night, even the trees look better now. In fact, the game has lost a bit of its grittiness/ old school graphics.
    And I noticed the missions were more evenly paced out...there were times when it felt like it would take ages for an event to kick off when nothng else was blocking progression, and others when main events would drop one right after another (one example is pastor dying before you ever get to earn inspiration.

Anyway, much improved. I went on just to test and ended up going all the way to Snyders before shutting down.

8. Hey hey, it's me again! To recap, I was the one who kept having laggy issues with the game, and later decided that the issue wasn't with the game but with where my mouse was positioned (this was after blaming physx, then heat, then the fans lol).

I thought I'd come and necro this thread to update one final time with the conclusive answer:

*drumroll*

Bluetooth!

I have this MX Anywhere 2 mouse, which can be used on 3 different computers via Logitech's Unifying Receiver or Bluetooth. All this time I thought my laptop was the problem (well, turns out it was, but for a different reason). I never once thought to wonder why I only get this issue on my laptop, but not on either of my desktops. It seriously only occurred to me last night that if I want to blame my mouse, then the reason I don't have the issue on the desktops is because I've put unifying receivers in those computers as they don't have bluetooth. So after work I went and bought a cheapo mouse just for the unifying receiver. Plugged it into my laptop, paired it to the mouse, disabled bluetooth on the computer, and Lo and behold, hours of gameplay later and no stuttering or lagging mouse!

So yeah, fun times. Computers, amirite? ♥

Bob Crees likes this.
  9. Undead Nicole

huh.. computers :D

I'm glad it's working better for you now.

10. I just bought the game and I can't play it without a crash or black screen. My specs are good and I've tried to fix it every way possible. I honestly give up.

11. I finally got the game to run except I get no sound?

12. Undead Nicole

Make sure that your sound card has updated drivers and check the in-game settings.

13. I have done all of those things. I'll post my dxdiag soon. I just want to play the game lol.

14. Undead Nicole

15. I found something weird. If I open steam up without running administrator the game crashes and plays without sound. If I open up steam with running admin then the game works...

Bob Crees likes this.
  16. Bob Crees

Bob Crees Famous

17. I was actually just about to create another thread describing this exact same issue, in fact I even recorded a video of the problem to post here, but then I saw someone else say they were able to play the game just fine previously on Windows 8. So I decided to try out Windows 8 Compatibility mode before I posted my thread and lo and behold it actually worked! The slow down issue is gone and the game seems to run flawlessly now.

Well flawless aside from the constant game crashes when I exit and the intro logos which run in a small 8x8px window in the top left hand corner of my screen.

Lastly thanks to Kismette for their initial help, I was able to get the game running at 1440p, which actually causes the 8x8px window problem to change to a 8x1440 window. Alas compatibility mode does not fix that. :(

Bob Crees likes this.