Year 2 Recollections

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

Hello fellow survivors,

On this very day two years ago, several hundred thousand of you took a chance and bought a little Xbox Live Arcade game named State of Decay. You had no idea who made it, or what it was all about, but you clearly loved survival-fantasy games and had a true gamer’s appetite for innovation and new gaming experiences. You may not have known that most of the development team behind the game — the artists, programmers, designers, musicians, animators, testers, and producers at Undead Labs — had been awake all night, waiting to see how you would react to a game that didn’t follow any established templates, and even broke fundamental design rules with mechanics like permadeath.

Read more here - http://undeadlabs.com/2015/06/uncategorized/year-2-recollections/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Undead Nicole

I'd like to add that the Tricycle of Gibraltar is my favorite thing ever?

ps. This thread is now open, please post away!

3. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Happy birthday SoD!! It was also on this day that I stole a hug @Capt.C.Baker ;)

Thank you UL for everything you've done for me. :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  4. So this means at PAX Prime and beyond, we will be able to see Jeff Strain with his SoD tattoo right?

5. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Jeff and Brant. They both need it!

6. Brant is just snarky enough to get his arse tatted...at least, Jeff will get it on his shoulder or torso. :p

7. e5futter

e5futter Here To Help

Dr.Evil style? :p

Fabian907 likes this.
  8. YojimBeau

YojimBeau Famous

Good job with the "test game", guys. Don't slow down now.

Can't wait for the Big Things Year 2 Recollections. :)

9. Sailorwolf

Sailorwolf Famous

Happy B-day SoD :D Looking forward to the big things to come.

10. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

11. Shadowfogkiller

Shadowfogkiller Here To Help

Oh god that means I've been on this forum for almost 2 years!!!

12. maltriagon

maltriagon Here To Help

Oh man I sadly just got on this forum a while ago but I've had this game and been playing for two years ago. Many good memories. And many more to come! Cheers SoD + fanbase + undead labs : )

rebel36 and QuarantineRoad like this.
  13. Genious

Genious Here To Help

Us old boogies got to stick together, you NOSE. ... Okay, I'll sit down now.

QuarantineRoad and XzerothreeX like this.
  14. NeoXCS

NeoXCS Got Your Back

I can't believe it has been two years since I slept barely a wink and then stared at the forums and the Microsoft Store waiting for SoD to go live. I literally was so hyped I couldn't sit still. I had to work that day and I played all the way till I went to work. Well the whole time minus a break when my dad came over for a little bit, since it was his birthday. He came over to watch me play and talk about it since he is a gamer too. Good times. :)

15. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Then we are friends (my dads a gamer too.)

NeoXCS likes this.
  16. Furie

Furie Here To Help

Happy anniversary guys. Looking forward to some more Class 3 and Class 4 action when I skip up a console generation.

QuarantineRoad likes this.
  17. WalkerZed

WalkerZed Here To Help

Happy Anniversary, Undead Labs! You are my heroes!

QuarantineRoad likes this.
  18. liamypoo

liamypoo Famous

Happy two year anniversary UL! And here's to many more years of awesome gaming memories from one of my all time favourite games! :)

[​IMG]

19. Undead Nicole

As a side note, you guys, it's been an amazing two year journey with YOU! Every day I've gotten to know you all a little better and I couldn't not ask for a better group of people to spend my time with.

[​IMG]

20. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

*TED sound FX* "I love you"