Year 2 Recollections

Discussion in 'News From the Lab' started by Undead Nicole, Jun 5, 2015.

1. When I first saw this game on xbox360 I was like "OMG ANOTHER AMATEUR ZOMBIE GAME THAT THEY QUICKLY THREW TOGETHER" but when I tried the demo it completely blew my mind because ive been waiting for a zombie survival game that uses stealth mechanics. Ever since then this game got better and better especially with the rucks in the trunks update. And their is one more feature that I would love to see on here and I bet alot of other people would want it to. It not a first person mode that I was talking about before in another thread because alot of people made some good points about the texture coding that would need to be done. Its an update that would make it so u have a gas meter on all the cars so that u would have to be careful about how far u go and how long your away from home without a spare fuel can and maybe a couple of other things like cars overheating or the intake getting cloged with zombie guts. I have a few other ideas in mind if anyone else wants to hear them.

BlazenBehemoth, rebel36, Vers and 5 others like this.
  2. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

We both got the same minds

SODmaster18 likes this.
  3. XzerothreeX

XzerothreeX Famous

Happy Birthday, UL! Been a hell of a ride. Keep your foot on the gas!

Niah Trujillo, rebel36, Vers and 4 others like this.
  4. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Drive fool, drive!!! VRRRROOOOOOMMMMM

XzerothreeX likes this.
  5. CaptainAssassin

CaptainAssassin Here To Help

Awwww shucks...

Now I wish I had taken the time to actually draw it, instead of using random clipart from the Interwebz. But I guess it still gets the point across.

rebel36 and XzerothreeX like this.
  6. Undead Nicole

Undead Nicole Community Manager Staff Member

I am so serious, every time I look at it, I burst into giggles. I had tears, I was laughing so hard yesterday. :D

7. Thease r the other features that can be added to just cars: speedometer, and more rucksack spaces, and last but not least attachable guns for like the front of the vehicle or the sides. Well thats all I got that can be added to the cars. If u want to hear more small features I have in mind. Let me know and I'll post them.

And Happy Birthday Undead Labs

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2015
  8. JCass

JCass Got Your Back

Indeed...In fact I'm just about to que up SoD as we speak after being on a Fallout / Kerbal Space Program Binge... and in conclusion how do you apply an exotic Reference such as Liamypoo (At least I think thats what your reffering too...) with an endless barrage of Supernatural Memes.
    Either way outstanding good sir...Outstanding. :cool:
    I doubt few have acquired my Husky Avatar as being a referrence to Half Baked which is a Refference to being a Dead Head in refference to the SOD logo on the dogs nose...but will let that go.

You are truly I presume to be the Sensei of Nerd Trivia.

9. Oh dear, time sure does fly.

My biggest regret is that I didn't join the community sooner :D

10. Dadditude

Dadditude Starting Off

Anyone else notice that this one is still around to this day?

11. Antediluvial

Antediluvial Here To Help

I admit, when I first saw this game on XBL store on the 360 in the Summer of 2013, I was hesitant. A new game from an untested dev? But then, I watched gameplay of it. And I immediately bought it.

I was absolutely hooked. Sure there bugs, but the randomly generated loot, 99+ guns, permadeath, and atmosphere appealed greatly to my inner loot demon. It was a great summer, spent scavenging and acquiring gun after gun after gun. I played through Story probably about 3-4 times, partly due to the bug that stopped story progression, and partly because I wanted to scavenge moar guns.

Then Breakdown came out, and I could do everything I did in Story, but over and over again, with new guns and resources each time. GTA V came out in September 2013, that held my attention for a while, but I always gravitated back to SoD. Something about, maybe it was the ability to pretend I was in my own version of the Walking Dead, or the fact that each time I played was different, but regardless it...worked as a videogame. It worked as an experience. It was...magnificent.

I was sad when I retired my 360 for an XB1, because that meant I couldn't play SoD and scavenge in Breakdown. Then YOSE was announced. And I immediately pre-ordered it. April 28th at 0:00 EST was glorious; I ditched my friends in GTA V who were doing a Heist to play YOSE. It was everything I wanted it to be; an amazing experience, now on my XB1.

Thank you, UL. For delivering a solid zombie experience, making each playthrough as unique and interesting as the next and for being there to answer questions and offer advice on bug fixes.

Here's to many more State of Decay; maybe a State of Decay 2, Class 4, and onwards!

Don't forget about us when you're at the top.

12. Dave YZF

Dave YZF Got Your Back

So two years ago a little indie game that no body in the industry thought would do anything (stupid Sony) became one of the best selling games on the Xbox 360 beating a lot of AAA titles. And then last year it was your shirt Phil spencer was wearing when trying to push the not selling so well Xbox one. Bloody great job you guys it nice that there is still developers who have ideas and the balls to make them when so many huge company's are terrified to break from the norm. Happy birthday.

13. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

@Undead Nicole I think we as a community would love to see what's up at the Lab's like funny moments, like that one guy who took vehicles to where they shouldn't, sends 'em to brant and he sighed loudly. Oh man you guys are awesome! :D & I'm adding some colors to the flipping truck! :) happy 2 years!!!

14. Dantron

Dantron Here To Help

Dantron waves to everyone at UL 730 times. :D

15. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

50 Devs. X 720 waves = sore broken arm :D

16. Alajeff

Alajeff Here To Help

I was on a gaming hiatus until state of decay 360 now yose. My family thanks you #sarcasm

QuarantineRoad and Undead Nicole like this.
  17. rebel36

rebel36 Famous

Happy anniversary Undead Labs on producing such a great game! I fell in love with this game the moment I began playing it and for the last two years it has given me a lot of great gaming fun and enjoyment. It is one of my top 5 favorite games. I wish I had joined the forums when I first noticed the game being developed, instead of just lurking in the shadows, but better late than never. I have really enjoyed interacting with all the other fans, developers and moderators. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Undead Labs and this wonderful franchise you have created! I wish you great success in all your endeavors!:)

18. Undead Jess

Undead Jess Developer Staff Member

I love that y'all want to make the game harder. Crazy survivalist!

19. So true

Fabian907 likes this.
  20. Fabian907

Fabian907 Famous

Soon it's gonna be operation "GET TO DA CHOPPA!!!!"